1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Are there plans to nerf GS2 or buff other training spots?

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by mettzi, Mar 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mettzi

mettzi Pac Pinky

Mar 4, 2015
    Male
    US
    8:58 PM
    Thymelord
    White Knight
    I know GS2 was in v62 but to me it's just not nostalgic. I think it eliminates a lot of training spots since the xp and spawn rate is pretty good there. When I think of oldschool GMS I think of people training at coolie zombies, soul teddys, death teddys, etc. I don't think of people training at GS2 for 20 levels. Maybe I'm alone on this but I think that it should be nerfed, or other mobs should be buffed. I sort of feel the same way about wolf spiders, but I feel as though there are viable alternatives to that.

2. VonBIT

VonBIT Pac Pinky

Dec 22, 2014
    Sharkbait
    Islander
    I feel the same way about a bunch of the "newer" training spots.

But they were in version 0.62, so don't think they would remove them / nerf them.

3. OP
    OP
    mettzi

mettzi Pac Pinky

Mar 4, 2015
    Male
    US
    Thymelord
    White Knight
    Well then maybe instead of nerfing them they could at least buff other training spots to make them just as good? I honestly don't know anyone who genuinely enjoys training at GS2. I suppose the location is more convenient than going to Path of Time or the Dead Mines but still..

4. SdwSlyr606

SdwSlyr606 Orange Mushroom

Dec 22, 2014
    Male
    Atlantis
    7:58 PM
    I'm not even quite sure why other classes that aren't I/L mage or Cleric train there. There's for sure better alternatives in their cases. Though there is a good point in this, alot of maps have slightly higher to drastically higher spawns than they did normally on GMS at this time. I mentioned to Kimmy about it awhile back, though I doubt all of the maps will be fixed due to the amount of maps that are like that and the process to nerf the maps back to normal is insanely time consuming. Maybe only the ones most needed will be done... *stares at The Tree That Grew II*. F3

As for buffing maps that process is hell of a lot easier lol, which some maps do need if they hadn't already done so (Ex. FoG, MP3, most of the Deep Ludi maps, etc.).

• Like Like x 1
  5. Bulba

Bulba Skelegon Retired Staff

Dec 11, 2014
    Male
    Singapore
    8:58 AM
    I feel the same about these new maps, the worst of them being BF and HH (especially in a low populated server). But I don't think Kim wants to tweak mob exp? It's too bad Neckson decided to make them OP.

I still train at GS2 as a sin which is a horrible experience with single target attacks and the map design, but it's good money I believe.

6. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    2:58 AM
    Moderator Post
    Its better if you saw the maps before making this topic because we have altered spawns already on some maps, exactly as how you describe it.

7. OP
    OP
    mettzi

mettzi Pac Pinky

Mar 4, 2015
    Male
    US
    Thymelord
    White Knight
    Yeah I agree I'd love a BF and HH-less server but I think that's unrealistic and would be opposed by a lot of people.

Which maps were buffed/nerfed if I may ask?

8. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    2:58 AM
    Moderator Post
    Pretty much every "non popular" map, too many to list. There's few minor alters I still would like to do from some of those, but its too minor to mention. Anywho, observe the maps and feel free mention to me if any is wrong to you (not enough/too many)

9. OP
    OP
    mettzi

mettzi Pac Pinky

Mar 4, 2015
    Male
    US
    Thymelord
    White Knight
    The maps I'd like to see buffed (if they haven't already) are the ones I've mentioned in the post. Coolie zombies, the path of time maps, and maybe windraiders? I haven't been to the maps yet because I'm too low level so I'm not sure if they've already been altered or not.

10. ROFLS

ROFLS Mushmom

Jan 9, 2015
    Voodoos are generally considered a much better option for sins as there are only 6 spawn at a time and they drop heartstoppers, which can speed up training or bring in meso.

11. Bulba

Bulba Skelegon Retired Staff

Dec 11, 2014
    Male
    Singapore
    8:58 AM
    I usually do GS from 50-60 then voodoos from 60-70. GS drops dark crystal ores needed for 3rd job too.

12. Midnight

Midnight Skelegon

Jan 2, 2015
    Midnight/TheMorrigan
    Dragon Knight, Assassin
    WeenieHutJrs
    Every job class has their own "more effective training" spots. I don't see any reason to change that

13. Ghost

Ghost Dark Stone Golem

Jan 10, 2015
    Male
    Georgia
    The spawn at windraiders has been increased a lot. I've been training there on my hermit and it's really good xp.

14. OP
    OP
    mettzi

mettzi Pac Pinky

Mar 4, 2015
    Male
    US
    Thymelord
    White Knight
    Sweet! Good to know, thanks

• Like Like x 1
  15. Navi

Navi Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Developer Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    Male
    Moderator Post
    Moved to Accepted. Majority of maps are buffed slightly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.