1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Hero's Will

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Sepio61, Sep 28, 2020.

1. Sepio61

Sepio61 Chronos

Feb 24, 2018
    Male
    United States
    1:30 AM
    Sepio16
    Hero
    Winterfell
    1. Please change the text of the description of this skill to say its max level is 5 instead of 10.

2. Please make this skill use 0 MP instead of 30 MP to be able to use it.

Changing the required MP amount to 0 for this skill would improve QoL because it happens too often where seduce is activated in a HT run followed by 1/1 or Mana Drain. When this happens you can't save yourself because your MP has been lowered below the required MP amount (even though situations like this is what Will was specifically designed for). It defeats the purpose of having Will if a decent amount of times you can't even use the skill because of boss mechanics.

• Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  2. cakesogood

cakesogood Windraider

Oct 2, 2017
    Male
    Japan
    2:30 PM
    Demun, kokushibo
    Hero
    Honor
    it is possible to counter this, by being really fast at hero willing and paying close attention to seduce animation timing. usually only the bishops pay attention to it.

when you see the seduce animation, pot up, then tank something, e.g ( arms/ice rock/fall dmg/mobs) then use hero will when you get seduced.

tanking something before a seduce gives you enough iframes to avoid getting mana drained before a will. or in your case 1/1 after being seduced.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. fahad

fahad Mushmom

Mar 17, 2020
    Male
    9:30 AM
    Hakai
    Beginner
    Not sure if this was mentioned or not, but white knights and crusaders have a skill that heals 30 mana every 10 sec , this could come in clutch and save you, from sed and mana drain combo
    Not sure if this works, since I don’t have sp on this skill, and I don’t expect people to add sp to it also

4. s0mething

s0mething Capt. Latanica

May 4, 2019
    11:30 PM
    A very wise hero once told me the new meta was to put points into improve MP recovery . Stop trying to make the game easier and keep cost of using heroes will at 30.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. OP
    OP
    Sepio61

Sepio61 Chronos

Feb 24, 2018
    Male
    United States
    Sepio16
    Hero
    Winterfell
    1. Most classes in the game don't have MP recovery.
    2. SED + 1/1 can kill before MP Recovery kicks in. I have max MP Recovery on my Hero and I still have this problem.

Trying to address a broken feature in the main end game boss shouldn't be seen as making the game too easy.

6. CervezaSanta

CervezaSanta King Slime

Jul 29, 2017
    Male
    12:30 AM
    CervezaSanta
    Bishop, Night Lord, Buccaneer
    Vivid
    How is the game working as intended a broken feature?
    Just because it doesn't work in your favor because you're a warrior it doesn't make it a broken feature, instead of crying about it and asking for a change that would make mass sed a joke and not threat maybe you should think about what to do to play around it, start paying more attention to sed animations and be wary of when mass sed can start happening that way you'll find yourself less often in that exact situation you're describing as a broken feature.

• Agree Agree x 5
  7. iPippy

iPippy Nightshadow

May 19, 2019
    Male
    2:30 AM
    iPippy
    The only part of hero's will that feels "buggy" to me is that it ONLY cures seduce and not other status conditions, though even that's a minor gripe at best

• Like Like x 1
  8. s0mething

s0mething Capt. Latanica

May 4, 2019
    Did I miss something? How are things working as intended, mana drain AND 1/1, a broken feature? As mentioned above, start paying attention and don't just hold one button for the entirety of the fight. There are ways around it, but seems like you just want everything handed to you on a silver platter. Please...... Would you like eggs on the side as well?

• Like Like x 2
  9. OP
    OP
    Sepio61

Sepio61 Chronos

Feb 24, 2018
    Male
    United States
    Sepio16
    Hero
    Winterfell
    It’s broken because it’s not fair. It often times results in deaths that the player has no control over. This isn't a scenario that just affects warriors either. It's a common scenario that affects all players that has ever been killed from this situation before. Your advice here isn't reliable either because the problem isn't WHEN seduce happens, but it's if 1/1 or Mana Drain happens directly after seduce which leaves you helpless. You're acting as if players have control over getting 1/1'd after mass happens, which is absurd. Having unlucky timing in a boss run should not equal instant death.

Additionally, making this change wouldn't make seduce a joke because if SED + 1/1 happens while Will is in CD, you are still helpless unless a bishop or shad saves you. If I'm going to invest SP into a skill specifically designed to cure seduce, I should at least be able to use it without having to worry about being unlucky and getting instantly 1/1'd (at least while Will is not still in CD).

10. OP
    OP
    Sepio61

Sepio61 Chronos

Feb 24, 2018
    Male
    United States
    Sepio16
    Hero
    Winterfell
    I'm not saying 1/1 or Mana Drain by itself is broken. I'm saying not being able to use Will during seduce after 1/1 or mana drain happens is unfair. It prevents you from using Will because of the 30 MP requirement. The problem isn't WHEN seduce happens. It's if 1/1 or drain happens instantly after seduce. There's no control over that.

11. cakesogood

cakesogood Windraider

Oct 2, 2017
    Male
    Japan
    Demun, kokushibo
    Hero
    Honor
    man already taught you a method. I know heroes are one of those afk classes so you probably don't pay attention to arms. but you definitely have enough iframes to dodge a seduce drain combo if you time it right and pay attention.

• Agree Agree x 4
  12. KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    8:30 AM
    KurayamiLove/Nagrom/Amatista
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    Me playing a class with slow animations so all you can really do is poting and hope for the best:
    sadcat.png

13. OP
    OP
    Sepio61

Sepio61 Chronos

Feb 24, 2018
    Male
    United States
    Sepio16
    Hero
    Winterfell
    Heroes have iFrames? Since when? and like I said earlier, this isn't a scenario that only affects warriors. It affects all classes.

14. abe27342

abe27342 Orange Mushroom

Mar 14, 2020
    Male
    Hero
    Just want to confirm this works and saved me from death once in a scuffed run. Would recommend having SP in this skill.

re OP: Tbh, it's pretty damn rare that you get seduced and mana burned or 1/1'd with unreactable timing. If you're paying attention to arms when they're in mass, you can will extremely quickly... the iframe trick is also good to keep in mind.

• Like Like x 1
  15. cakesogood

cakesogood Windraider

Oct 2, 2017
    Male
    Japan
    Demun, kokushibo
    Hero
    Honor
    every class have a 2-second invincibility frame when they get hit by something, so for warriors, you would tank the arms and for Bowmaster you would get hit by the rock right before the seduce. Night lords and shadowers very high avoid so they can just AFK because odds are low that they get comboed.

This takes a bit of practice, the more mentally efficient way is to Afk spam one button and not care, but you pay the price when you get Comboed without Mana to hero will. Only time I died with 30k hp is during this seduce 1/1 combo without any mana to will.

so if hero will is changed to 0 mana I think ht will become much easier then it already is, an Afk farm dragon.

16. yogurtseller

yogurtseller Mixed Golem

Nov 28, 2017
    wholesomeABG
    Shadower
    while we’re at it, give corsairs stance 2020!!!!!!!

• Agree Agree x 2