1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Failed to find proper screen mode for Gr2D

Discussion in 'Help & Advice' started by Borlay, Jan 26, 2020.

1. Borlay

Borlay Blue Snail

Oct 6, 2019
    Male
    4:24 PM
    Borlay
    Spearman
    I am a macbook user using bootcamp to run windows. When I start the client the error message "Failed to find proper screen mode for Gr2D" popped out. When I run setup.exe, it says "Unable to gather up your system information. Please check if you have DirectX 8.1 or higher installed, and then try again". Yet I have DirectX 12 on my pc already. I have browsed quite a number of threads about this problem but still cant find the solution.

Can anyone help? Thanks!

2. Nicotienus

Nicotienus Snail

Feb 4, 2020
    Male
    10:24 AM
    Beginner, Camper, Islander
    I've had the same problem with my old desktop. In my case my Nvidia card didn't work anymore.
    You'll be able to find some solutions if you google on your error..most of them will tell you to run MapleStory in windows 7 mode or so...
    But before you research the whole internet like i i did and waste like 10hours...be sure u are able to run any game at all on your pc.

3. TonySpark

TonySpark Blue Snail

Aug 10, 2017
    Male
    4:24 AM
    Portefeuille
    Assassin
    I was able to fix this by either setting the resolution to 1366x768 in the config file or lower my screen resolution for the startup

4. Tate

Tate Capt. Latanica

Apr 16, 2020
    New Zealand
    8:24 PM
    Potayto
    Shadower
    Beaters
    Hi Tony, none of these options seem to work for me i can play in hd1 but hd2 is preferred.

When you saylower your screen resolution, can you share from what .. -> to what?

thanks

5. McCrowVic

McCrowVic Red Snail

Oct 3, 2020
    Male
    11:24 AM
    Vege
    Beginner
    Gotta see that your screen refresh rate is not 59Hz too...

6. Healer

Healer Windraider

Apr 26, 2015
    Male
    11:24 AM
    Just change your refresh rate to 60 and you're good to go.