1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Buff every level 50+ helmet

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Midnight, Oct 12, 2020.

1. Midnight

Midnight Skelegon

Jan 2, 2015
    6:26 AM
    Midnight/TheMorrigan
    Dragon Knight, Assassin
    WeenieHutJrs
    Every "normal" helmet of levels 50+ are completely worthless aside from NPC value since we can (purchase) zhelms.
    I suggest a small stat boost for all of them, just for the sake of balance.

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. Diziple

Diziple Pac Pinky

Jun 23, 2017
    Male
    6:26 PM
    HappyGuY
    Dragon Knight
    None
    Why only 50 and not 60,70,80,90? If everyone is getting a Zak helm/Scar helm at 90, then I don’t really see a need to buff them in the first place.

3. Healer

Healer Windraider

Apr 26, 2015
    Male
    1:26 PM
    Well, he did say every 50+ helmet, not only the 50 one. I agree with this, having to rely only on 2-3 hats till level 200 sucks, there needs to be variety.

4. aaronis

aaronis Slimy

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    3:26 AM
    Shadower
    Beaters
    Neckson making the best hats ugly af in order to scam people into buying nx cash is truly big lame

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. AioriaX

AioriaX Selkie Jr.

Jul 25, 2017
    Male
    AioriaX
    Night Lord
    Beaters
    Hmm I get your idea, but don't you think this defeats the purpose of having to accomplish through a hurdle by defeating a boss, to obtain a better STAT helm/armour/gear? :/

Because this small boost can come from scrolling your lv 50 helmets with some STATs, instead of buffing the base STATs.

And if a small boost is what you're aiming for, at the end of the day I don't see the point when it's honestly not that difficult to defeat the boss for the better STAT helmet (which you will want to obtain thereafter anyways), since the normal helmets won't be up to par.

I get it that newbies in the game have to actually build funds to purchase the helmets, but it's kinda the "cycle" where you buy now as a newbie, and sell them back when you're stronger no?

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. xadra

xadra Capt. Latanica

Jun 6, 2017
    Male
    Adra
    Paladin
    Divide
    Yeah unfortunately rav helms, zhelms and scargahelms are so many times better than the job specific eqs that you'd have to place some pretty goddamn massive buffs before they have even a shadow of chance to be viable.

upload_2020-10-12_19-20-23.png

Let's assume the average stat of all these helms are +15 all stat, +20acc and +20avoid, plus a non-negligible (in fact, massive) amount of defence. Also, 10 slots for scrolling. And also, that crucial crucial INT for washing.

Now we compare it, for the fun of it, to the Reverse Hats, level 120 equips which are not even released yet since you likely need pink bean to be out.

upload_2020-10-12_19-22-13.png upload_2020-10-12_19-22-43.png

The superiority of zak helms is absolutely hilarious.

How would you buff the job specific helmets to compete? I can't even begin to imagine a possible buff that can even come close.

The only way to make the job-specific helms may be to drastically nerf the boss helms, for example having a required level of 120+. But that would be an extremely drastic change that no one can reasonably expect to happen.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. OP
    OP
    Midnight

Midnight Skelegon

Jan 2, 2015
    Midnight/TheMorrigan
    Dragon Knight, Assassin
    WeenieHutJrs
    Yes, these are good points. I really was lazy last night when I posted this suggestion and didn't mention any of my supporting reasons.

Lower level players would be less rushed to buy a zhelm. I know that probably most would just still go running straight to Zak at level 50, but some would be happier to wait, building more hype for Zakum which I think is taken for granted.

I only said small boost because (most) changes here seem to happen in small increments. I personally think they'd all be fine with an average of +5 of their bonus stats, but it seems ridiculous in black and white.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    12:26 PM
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    I'd love to see the regular job equips (not just the hats) used more but I doubt buffing their stats to do so would be viable.
    A while back I suggested adding an option to equip them the same way you would a cash shop item. So you can keep the stats of your zak helm but get to look at your job specific or w.e helm of your choice, which could bring out more nostalgic looks.

Ofcourse you'd not get any stat bonuses from the cover equip.

• Agree Agree x 6
  9. Pepper

Pepper Wolfspider

Sep 3, 2020
    Female
    Peppermint
    Bowmaster
    It is kind of disappointing that none of the class gear is viable to wear. I remember liking thief because their gear looked really cool. But with washing you can't equip almost any of the class gear. It seems everything is bath robes and zak helms, with everything else being junk.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. xadra

xadra Capt. Latanica

Jun 6, 2017
    Male
    Adra
    Paladin
    Divide
    With Facestompers allegedly coming soon, even class shoes will be useless MapleF14

Every attacker will look like this:

Helm - Zakum Helmet
    Eye - Spectrum Goggles
    Face - Sad Mask
    Pendant - MoN/HTP
    Cape - Pink Gaia Cape
    Gloves - Brown Work Gloves
    Shoes - Facestompers
    Ring - Monster Book, Ellin Savior, (Event Ring), (Event Ring)

Only top/bottom, weapons and shields may stand any chance really MapleF8

• Like Like x 1
  11. IHearColors

IHearColors Timer

Jul 1, 2017
    Male
    Shadower, I/L Arch Mage, Bandit
    The matter of the fact is that you have better damage going secondary stat-less (for the most part) in the earlier levels, so the class equips are obsolete. If you add this on top of having to scroll each upgrade of equips, it seems easier to get that zhelm, maple weapon, and decent bathrobe (also less wasted scrolls for equips you'll likely never use ever again) The lowest level class equips worth using are at 80, which can be kept until late game, only to be switched out when you get better scrolled level 90 or 100 stuff. Even then, hats and gloves just aren't worth it. Zhelms, Scar/Targa, Ravana, 12+ attack or 20+ mattk work gloves are op af. As much as you want there to be a progression of equips getting better over time, the helms and 10 att gloves are relatively cheap enough to warrant the investment and outclass anything else you'll find in the game.

• Useful Useful x 1
  12. SaviorSword

SaviorSword Dark Stone Golem

Feb 9, 2020
    Male
    Aiur
    5:26 AM
    SaviorSword
    Paladin
    Bonfire
    There's actually an item that does that in GMS and it's the "Fusion Anvil". Many other folks have made the suggestion to put it in, but I don't think there has been a response back nor do we know that it's impossible to implement it.

13. bj

bj Slime

May 30, 2018
    Male
    4:11 PM
    CastieI
    Cleric
    Influence

Fusion anvils are lit however this version doesn't support it.

I disagree with buffing helms. There are no ways around it to make it more appealing than Zakum/end game helmets.
    Also,
    Zakum helmets are suppose to be end game and not obtainable until 14x.

As it stands, it supports the market.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. SaviorSword

Feb 9, 2020
    Male
    Aiur
    SaviorSword
    Paladin
    Bonfire
    So the next best (albeit super messy) method is to make individual copies of the items into Cash Items?

15. bj

bj Slime

May 30, 2018
    Male
    4:11 PM
    CastieI
    Cleric
    Influence
    I do not know how practical it is in terms of coding and stuff but given there are versions of skins of weapons like Liu Bei dagger.

But then again, too many weapons, too many unique players, too many preferences. Hence not practical.

16. Voxtagrams

Voxtagrams Headless Horseman

Jun 13, 2020
    Some don't even have to buy a helm, they just have to be able to spot PiratedViper doing free Zhelm runs the basic level hats/helms are just good for mesos.

• Informative Informative x 1
  17. AioriaX

AioriaX Selkie Jr.

Jul 25, 2017
    Male
    AioriaX
    Night Lord
    Beaters
    Yeah I totally get what you mean.
    I guess it is because when Neckson first released zakum, it was actually their end-game boss at that time. Scarlion didn't even come on until like 2008/9-ish.

I remember back in 2006 in MapleSEA, each zakum run always required 30man squad to take down in 1 hour.
    30man..... requiring 1 hour..... and we have a queue of 4 buyers each run (pay first before run, if you die/dc = no refund, first looter pays more vs 2nd/3rd/4th etc, and you risk getting 0 helms if you choose looting 3rd/4th for a cheaper rate)

And zakum is hardly ever worn at lv 50 because of washing issues which actually requires NX (paying money in GMS/MapleSEA) unlike our privilege of free vote NX here, allowing very early access to these superior helmets.

Most players back then only got to wear Zakum helmet at like Lv.100 or above to enjoy the +15 stat (versus the +3 to +6 stat clean normal gear). If you put it in that context, it sounds like a gradual upward scale of stat bonus with gear improvement.

However speaking in the context of things, since we are in MapleLegends and not GMS/MapleSEA I guess I understand where u come from for 'balance', but I don't really know if this idea can be implemented

• Like Like x 3
  18. SaviorSword

Feb 9, 2020
    Male
    Aiur
    SaviorSword
    Paladin
    Bonfire
    Here's a rather haphazard way to buff class-specific helms that I just came up on the spot. There'll be LOTS of implications, so keep that in mind.

1st off, At least double all of the main stats they give. Even some later Level 100 Warrior hats struggle to match or even keep up with the Level 25 Bamboo Hats for example! What unforeseen consequences might this cause? I'm not sure as I can't really think of one here, other than that double might still not be enough! Triple could be overkill, but that's another option to keep in mind.

2nd off, maybe include lots of HP and/or MP so that some anti-washers can have some sort of fightin' chance without havin' to go through the massive INT lengths to get to where we are today. HP and MP on class specific hats are actually really rare for some bizarre reason. If they are more widespread with impactful numbers (+100 instead of a measly +10), there might actually be an incentive to use class specific hats as that'll offer somethin' the top tier hats won't.

To ride off of my 2nd point, there also could be other unique buffs to the class-specific hats like Speed or Jump. Other rare stats includes Weapon Attack, but that could be a bit dangerous with Chaos Scrolls. The point still stands that there are certainly alternate methods to buff these hats.

Class-specific hats should either be a cheaper but weaker alternative to the endgame gear or offer some sort of "unique" utility. The current form the class-specific hats are in now is nowhere near viably strong enough to consider to be competitive enough to even think about. Not to mention they don't offer other incentives to use'em either.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. Voxtagrams

Voxtagrams Headless Horseman

Jun 13, 2020
    I don't think you know how fusion anvil works, it doesn't turn into a cash item it fuses the stat of one item with the visual of the other so for an example is you have a maple shield thats like 14 int and 21 magic attack you can fusion anvil it with a trash dragon khanjar and have your bishop or arch mage equip it with the stats of the maple shield that just looks like dragon khanjar.
    I've mentioned fusion anvil before and I've had a lot of people disagreeing with it being implemented into the game same with Scissors of Karma but since people disliked it so much I stopped mentioning it.
    Yeah.. it would be neat though.. I'd really like my Bishop holding a dragon khanjar XD
    Onionsmh

20. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    12:26 PM
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    I don't think he was saying that that's how fusion anvil works, but that adding CS copies of regular items would be the next best thing.

As for a bishop holding a khanjar just doesn't seem right, you'd want to keep the equipment requirements of the cover equipment (level/job/gender/stats/fame).