1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Shop/Player Name placement.(FM QoL)

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Voxtagrams, Oct 21, 2020.

What do you think of this QoL in the FM?

Poll closed Oct 22, 2020.
  1. Yes, people snipe my spots, and its unenjoyable!

2 vote(s)
    18.2%
  2. No, this is just silly.. I sell spots for meso! My kids man, they need food.

4 vote(s)
    36.4%
  3. I don't care, I don't use Shops/Merchants.

5 vote(s)
    45.5%
  1. Voxtagrams

Voxtagrams Headless Horseman

Jun 13, 2020
    10:25 AM
    Allow voters to change their votes. [off]
    Display votes publicly. [on]
    Allow the results to be viewed without voting. [off]

Okay now thats out of the way lets start with why I'm making this thread.. has anyone ever opened/reset your merchant shop but then your merchant store notifies you with a pop up message like..

Just because you're unable to see who is standing on top of your shop attempting to grief you and they won? Well, look no further my fellow FM merchant users! (mainly laptop/macbook users that you touchpad/trackpad because we're all pepegas)

What if.. a QoL update for FM would show the players name under the store like how the guilds names are like here (this FM has nothing to really do with why I'm posting this, I just really enjoy how this FM looks like its pretty neat)

When people have a "Mule" (for newer players that don't know what a mule is, its another character on another account that has its own usages. Ex: Items and/or Skills: Meso Up, Holy Symbol, Hyper Body, Sharp Eyes, Speed Infusion(rip) and many mor- wait.. this includes spot sniping mules right?) Yep!

Wait, but theres a mini-map you can see whose there or not you can even right click on them if you don't know!~ Ah, yes this is true, However! People can stack on each other and you have no idea of who is there (not to point or name shame, but we the players know these character names..)

Now onwards to why I'm posting this.. what if..

We have player names under the merchant stores as shown here so that we can visually see if..
    1. people are stacking on top of you and you can see who it is, and possibly see who is walking up so that you can secure your shop in place.
    2. Same as 1 but make sure that your character is neatly in place to easily put up your shop, you can jump to easily see if someone could be under you or most importantly if they're even more sneaky stand on the top platform and jump down and take your spot from above like some sick Tony Hawk pro skater combo trick bypassing you from above.(this obviously doesn't count if you're at the very top platform..)
    Top platform (500) + MindFk (7500) + Snipe Spot (1000) + Sniped Players Reaction (1) = 9001

or you know.. code the shops as to how it was in the actual public games where if you had a spot and the store wasn't open, it wouldn't let you take that spot (like it was supposed to be intended but idk~)

For me, I just wanted to have something said about this because its actually super annoying and its actually worded in the ToS about it in 3.4, theres a period at the end of the sentence where after it states what grieving is below.

3.4 Griefing - Griefing is a more specific case of harassment, which can be classified as in-game conduct that is intended to disrupt, obstruct, or sabotage another player's gameplay. You can copy paste the text above in the sauce provided here > Sauce: https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/terms-conditions.2001/

Thanks for taking the time to read and vote on about this matter, I did not edit any of the rules other than giving it bold, italic, underlining words from it. It's honestly disgusting to witness or be the victim of a spot sniper.

2. Pepper

Pepper Wolfspider

Sep 3, 2020
    Female
    1:25 PM
    Peppermint
    Bowmaster
    My biggest gripe is I already typed the name in for my shop and during the delay in putting an item in my shop someone came and put one up on me or near me which causes mine to force close and then sends my item to Fred and I lose any chance of getting a spot on that map because I have to go recover it from him before I can continue.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. robert8

robert8 Mushmom

Oct 17, 2018
    Male
    UK
    6:25 PM
    Robert8
    I/L Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Why are people worried about their location so much? If I need something I would just owl it.

I remember in the old maple having to go through all the shops 1 by 1 and yes location was important then but not now...

But I agree with you idea about when you open the shop to put the store name, that should save the spot but then you open another problem... People can then hold that spot for a good while as there is no timer...

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. iPippy

iPippy Nightshadow

May 19, 2019
    Male
    iPippy
    Agreed, it's probably there as a safety in case of inventory overflow, though I'm not sure how that could be caused with the shop tab open. There's probably a way, esp if you can open boxes and such, so it might be dangerous to just remove.

Iirc the other merchant (the one where you have to manually leave open with your character) will actually reserve the spot as soon as name is typed. At least, I think I've seen someone clog an FM spot with an unopened shop before. Nobody really uses these for non-corner spots though, so I dont remember for sure xD.

5. OP
    OP
    Voxtagrams

Jun 13, 2020
    To be discreet(I hate saying this because I just wanna say who it is but w/e rules are there) they used the personal shop to snipe me then used another client to enter and leave the shop waited for me to leave the spot then reset it to an actual hired merchant store.. A server where I came from didn't have such a shop for reasons like this, but can't do anything about it sadly..

6. iPippy

iPippy Nightshadow

May 19, 2019
    Male
    iPippy
    A dick move, sure, but that's not exactly griefing tbh. Griefing would be more like if somebody follows you preventing you from opening *any* shop imo.

7. OP
    OP
    Voxtagrams

Jun 13, 2020
    I'm MP washing my Bishop and HP washing my Night Lord(still a Hermit) so I don't really want to vote on another account.

8. OP
    OP
    Voxtagrams

Jun 13, 2020
    But they do, thats the issue.. the same people go to certain shops with a timer set to snipe them, theres a certain player that never leaves the FM in a guild called FMKing (not name shaming, its a guild could be anyone) that probably has more than four monitors, a few laptops etc to spot snipe people.

As Pepper said above that someone could just open a shop nearby and it clips her shops 'hitbox' and shes prompted to interact with Frederick to then attempt to find another spot. Having to interact with a certain NPC just to waste more of your time to then have it possibly repeat again is uncanny.. especially if its from the same person on another mule. I've had a shop in FM 4 CH 2 same guy that sniped me went over and attempted to snipe me in FM 4 CH 2, successfully sniped me using personal store shop naming it "s" having this same guy go over to my shop and hover me is considered harassment is it not? Regardless of channel I'm in? I have a notepad of character names of people that sniped others and attempted to snipe me in the past. This isn't fun for anyone except the person sniping.. in fps games yeah I enjoy snipers the most you don't have to worry about spray patterns or recoil spread, but this is mushroom game not snipe player spot and sabotage their time, and obstruct a shop to disrupt their gameplay. Wait.. that sounds familiar.. yeah.. 3.4 states it.

9. Pepper

Pepper Wolfspider

Sep 3, 2020
    Female
    Peppermint
    Bowmaster
    I care about getting a good spot because I tend to sell items that are not commonly owled for. This is my first character so smaller mesos matter to me. People aren't going to owl some of the lower cost items. I still sell them if I get a good spot but not if I get a bad spot. I think it's cause people see them and are like "sure, why not"

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Winnie

Winnie Timer

Feb 22, 2020
    1:25 AM
    Bishop
    -
    Its a Free Market , You do not own the Free Market so everyone have the rights to snipe your spot.
    Sure it can be annoying but its clearly not griefing even if they do follow you / remember your shop timer
    Just like area bosses , unless you're capable of owning every channel , they don't belong to you
    Git gud with resetting shop
    &
    When you write this on your poll ''No, this is just silly.. I sell spots for meso! My kids man, they need food''
    ... Imagine even voting or take you seriously

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. OP
    OP
    Voxtagrams

Jun 13, 2020
    Ah, you're right it was poorly worded wasn't it.
    I guess I should have said it in professional way, that would suit your needs.

Having a spot get 'sniped' as a newer player would that let that player keep playing the game?

I think MapleLegends wants to keep their players and gain more players, not have people quit because of some spot sweaty person(s) would have the audacity to make that happen. I've seen it happen in other Maple Story servers and thats why I state that its disgusting and it needs to change.

Auction House, perhaps? Maybe not, the mechanics for that is even more annoying.

Sometimes I say stupid things and ''No, this is just silly.. I sell spots for meso! My kids man, they need food'' was one of them, but this thread when I started it still has its meaning for what I'm trying to get across.

Sorry to use you as an example Pepper.. but okasaki, see what I mean? If someone started playing the game, and they don't have friends to play with or just started to get some people in their friends list, having their spot get sniped away from them, do you think that person would still play the game or would they go look for an entirely different game? True or False? I think true, thoughts?

12. yurain

yurain Windraider

Dec 30, 2019
    YUrain
    I/L Wizard
    The best QoL change to FM, will be markers on the ground for ppl to open their shop for max space efficiency.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. OP
    OP
    Voxtagrams

Jun 13, 2020
    This also adds in a ghost-shop right? as if your shop is still there for about 5 seconds, so that it gives you enough time to reset it and if you leave the 'markers' on the ground the spot is open for anyone to take.

14. Winnie

Winnie Timer

Feb 22, 2020
    Bishop
    -
    I'm not against a potential change just saying you're wrong about the griefing part & the vote is like saying either you agree with me or you don't open shop / you sell spot for mesos

It's really petty to quit a game over something this small , just because people don't meet your expectation
    Every game have 'bad' people
    And there's nice people who will give out store for free or even move their store for you if they can fit an extra spot
    I've given my spot to someone on discord for free when they ''B>Ch1 Fm spot'' on #Freemarket

Just remember that just because you have expectation for people , don't mean everybody will meet your expectation
    Have a wonderful day :) <3

15. OP
    OP
    Voxtagrams

Jun 13, 2020
    I have 3 characters with shops I tend to get 2 extras for my guild/alliance for free, (you can ask anyone thats in WeenieHutJrs) but when someone snipes someone directly not even just randomly, they see you standing on top of your shop and they pounce right on top of you and YOINK its done, its that quick.

I've already gotten replies from staff saying that its completely fine to "snipe" people because its legit a free market, yeah but when you're being targeted it changes everything, not even a channel 1 spot, it can be any FM spot even if theres other spots nearby, they ignore it and just yoink your spot, which is why its so annoying and should have some changes.. I've sent whispers to people just idling there putting items in their "non-existed" existed spot and tell them that people can still take their spot and not care if you're putting up items, for sale they would just take it set up and leave as if they didn't do anything, people doing it just to get a spot yeah sure whatever but when they ignore someone else and even CLOSER to them they would adventure over to YOU where you are on the other side of the map and attempt to take the spot that you're reseting, this is why its so disgusting.

16. Skuire

Skuire Nightshadow

Aug 16, 2017
    11:25 AM
    Skucci
    Shadower
    "Good" FM spots kinda irrelevant in 2020 with FREE OWLS. I frequently sell stuff at ch5fm7 so...

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  17. Pepper

Pepper Wolfspider

Sep 3, 2020
    Female
    Peppermint
    Bowmaster
    If I am honest, I've never been sniped. When I reset my shop, I make sure there aren't people nearby and I take it down, immediately reopen it with 1 item. Once it's open, I just edit the items inside to add my remaining items. Its only down for about 5 seconds.

18. OP
    OP
    Voxtagrams

Jun 13, 2020
    Same, thats the thing I jump to see if someone is under first, I check mini-map to see if theres any red dots then I proceed to reset it, I'm at the part where I'm about to click Open Shop and it gives me the prompt that I can't place my shop there, I enter the shop that magically pops up on top of me this guy is waiting inside the shop and says "gg" then and leaves before I type anything. I know this person is following me and doing this on purpose towards me because there were so many times where I've seen him try to take my spot over and over and the 3rd time he actually gets it.. theres about 5 other people thats also annoyed by this guy and calls him a scum to the point that they open their shops in CH 3 just to avoid this guy and lets be honest here, although theres "Owl Services" sweaty HP washing people like myself don't want to spend NX on an owl let alone vote on another account(I have 2 that vote on but one is HP washing the other is MP washing.) and thats the issue, its targeted sniping even if theres already open spots available to them.. legit has about 20 or so clients open just afk in channel 1 and 3 FM 1~6 and snipes spots off people that he doesn't like, just because they 'sell' items cheaper than he does. 2 mil monster erasers, 5mil bamboo hats, 150k power elixirs like.. Huh?

Since you said that you're never been sniped I'm not going to give you that "experience" because I'm too slow to even attempt it myself, this guy would be at a top platform place himself with like chopsticks or like tape on his monitor to align himself and the spot below them and attempt to steal spots from people.. which is why its so disgusting, (I know I've said this so many times) but a normal snipe is whatever yeah sure okay I get it you're sweaty, but like to have the audacity to just go on top of another player and spot snipe them with free spots open like why? Do they not have anything else better to do?

• Like Like x 1
  19. Pepper

Pepper Wolfspider

Sep 3, 2020
    Female
    Peppermint
    Bowmaster
    If you are being specifically targeted by a griefer, I would suggest asking them to stop, screenshotting that, and if they continue to target you screenshot that. Then you can open a report against them.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1