1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Shared guild bank/storage?

Discussion in 'Rejected' started by bigbutts, Oct 22, 2020.

1. bigbutts

bigbutts Brown Teddy

May 31, 2017
    9:29 PM
    bigbutts
    Idk if it’s possible but I think a lot of people would like a shared storage for guilds. I haven’t given the idea much thought as to how it could be abused or not lol. Anyways I think a guild bank would be cool. Tell me what ya think.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Voxtagrams

Voxtagrams Headless Horseman

Jun 13, 2020
    6:29 PM
    This would be a great idea but I'm not sure how they would implement this.. it would be pretty cool because the guild I'm in has a guild bank for skill books but we would have to ping them on discord and wait XD but this is a pretty cool suggestion, I hope it gets accepted :D

3. Mirrors

Mirrors Zakum Retired Staff

Jul 15, 2019
    Female
    Mirrors
    WeenieHutJrs
    This is a really neat idea, but I have no idea if it's possible or not!
    For example how would you make sure that no one joins the guild, loots the entire storage and runs off? Maybe make it juniors only can take out but everyone can put into the bank?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    bigbutts

bigbutts Brown Teddy

May 31, 2017
    bigbutts
    I agree there needs to be some security. Maybe there’s like a common section that every member can use , and then a more secure section for jrs/leader.

edit: Common section: everyone can put in and take out
    Secure section: everyone can put in but only jrs/lead can take out (exception is if I’m not a jr and put an item in I can remove the item I put in?)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Pasta

Pasta Game Developer Staff Member Game Developer

Jul 18, 2017
    Male
    Pastaland
    3:29 AM
    Moderator Post
    Technically speaking, it's doable; practically speaking, however, in my opinion it's not a good investment.

Ignoring the fact that it would be set up on yet another dull NPC chatting script, with all the possible glitches that come with it, it's a feature that would require a lot of planning and brainstorming, especially on the anti-exploiting front; a few issues that come to mind range from players emptying the bank and leaving due to guild disputes, to players using the bank as an extended storage keeper and potentially upsetting other players.

The idea per se is not bad at all, but the workload it brings makes the current "guild bank mules" system preferred, for us.

Thanks for the suggestion nonetheless c: it's appreciated!

• Friendly Friendly x 4
  6. OP
    OP
    bigbutts

bigbutts Brown Teddy

May 31, 2017
    bigbutts
    I understand. I have a question pertaining to guild storage mules. Is the mule a char/acc that multiple members of the guild have access to? Or only one member of the guild? Wouldn’t sharing the acc/character info be worthy of a ban?

thanks for the transparent reply :)

7. Mirrors

Mirrors Zakum Retired Staff

Jul 15, 2019
    Female
    Mirrors
    WeenieHutJrs
    Hello, it is usually a mule that belongs to a member of the guild. For example, in my guild we have a guild treasurer. He has a mule where he keeps all the guild "items" and we usually ask him if we want to retrieve mesos to hand out during events etc etc. ^^

Please do not share accounts even if it is a guild mule! It is against our ToS. <3

• Like Like x 1
  8. OP
    OP
    bigbutts

bigbutts Brown Teddy

May 31, 2017
    bigbutts
    Totally understand, I was just asking to see if there was an exception to the rule :p

9. Huiae

Huiae Headless Horseman

Aug 1, 2015
    Female
    Seoul, Korea
    10:29 AM
    Verdict
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    Even if it had good intensions, making exception for ToS can trigger abusing of it, that's human thing.
    and I'm totally agree on it's better to be annoyed (and torture 1 devoted ppl ahaha) than making shared account and get risk of so many stuffs can be derived from it.
    (can't expect and prevent them fully, before it actually happens, bcz human creativity is awesome.)

I'd say, guild storage mule (and it's owner, just like MirrorsMirrors said), is a symbol of trust and friendship among them in this game.

was nice convo in discord, justin. #Sleepywood<3

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. OP
    OP
    bigbutts

bigbutts Brown Teddy

May 31, 2017
    bigbutts
    Looks like I’m the guild banker now lol #sleepywood

• Like Like x 1