1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Information Halloween 2020 Balance Changes [Explained]

Discussion in 'Update Notes' started by Nise, Oct 30, 2020.

1. Foxes

Foxes Dark Stone Golem

Sep 2, 2019
    1:49 AM
    "your fault you didn't participate enough in vote to win washing"

• Disagree Disagree x 8
  2. MeatSlam

MeatSlam Mushmom

Apr 2, 2020
    Male
    2:49 AM
    MeatSlam
    Page
    I'm gonna stop responding cause its pretty clear you are just overall salty for whatever reason. Washing is a whole other discussion but it is clear as day when you start this server that it is important if you want to do certain end game content. You could have picked a different server.

• Agree Agree x 18
  3. shck

shck Timer Retired Staff

Feb 10, 2020
    Male
    Singapore
    4:49 PM
    Recube
    Buccaneer
    Bloom
    more avoid, faster charge rate, longer stance uptime and even more mastery... sounds like buccs are gonna cleave well in ht now...

• Funny Funny x 5
  4. Flyinpanda

Flyinpanda Brown Teddy

Mar 17, 2020
    Male
    Ask me in game
    Flyinpandas | Lazypanda
    Shadower
    Konoha
    thanks for buffing shads :D

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  5. chih1ro

chih1ro Slime

Sep 2, 2019
    Female
    yeehaw town
    3:49 AM
    chih1ro
    I/L Arch Mage
    Spirit
    sir this is a wendy’s drive thru

• Disagree x 2
    • Informative x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Great Work x 1
    • Useful x 1
    • Creative x 1
  6. RegalStar

RegalStar Nightshadow

Sep 23, 2019
    Male
    4:49 AM
    DMsRebirth
    You should be using a lot less considering you'll have HT buff for an hour on the second run, and most runs don't reach anywhere near max time limit (groups generally plan for 90 minutes so there are some leeways for when things go wrong). Also MMs don't use much less arrows than BMs do especially with SI; they use 432 arrows per minute compared to BM's 500. From my very rough calculations, 8 slots of arrows should suffice for 1 run assuming you don't get stuck with excessively slow ones. It's certainly a lot of slots but I think it's doable if you don't keep a ton of clutter in inventory before run.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. iPippy

iPippy Nightshadow

May 19, 2019
    Male
    4:49 AM
    iPippy
    With the reduction in price, ability to actually store them, and high attack, you would be well-advised to make the inventory space to use them. MM get better space efficency but higher cost per slot. Its interesting, just have to wait to see how the numbers play out.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. s0mething

s0mething Capt. Latanica

May 4, 2019
    thats a good point. mentioned it in discord but forgot to edit. Another benefit I guess is not having to cast soul arrow (which requires casting MW) before attacking, if you get dispelled.

9. Pixel

Pixel Mixed Golem

Jun 17, 2018
    DragonMaid
    Outlaw
    Friendship ended with Fire Charge

Now Holy Charge is my best friend

(But for real, thank you for the early Xmas present i was asking for Fire to not reign supreme for months)

• Agree Agree x 6
  10. Luscious

Luscious Mr. Anchor

May 2, 2017
    Male
    Luscious, MoeMoe, Spicy
    Demure
    Soul arrow didn't use attack from arrows in GMS, that was never a thing. It also makes sense if you think about it because you're replacing your arrows with a different magical arrow.

---

I think the arrow changes, at least for BM, are much more reasonable to use now than they were. 10 minutes per stack of arrows with hurricane versus 12 minutes per stack of stars with shadow stars (assuming shadow star bug doesn't get fixed) seems like a big difference on paper but remember that shadow stars gets dispelled with no star refund whereas with arrows you don't even need to rebuff for soul arrow. Yes archers do need wayyy more inventory for potions than NL, but it's not like it's impossible now to bring pots and arrows for 2 HT runs. Like now it's an actual method that's in the realm of discussion.

---

Blind changes say that it will work on bosses at a 10% rate, but does that mean it has a 10% chance to proc, or does it mean it lowers the accuracy rate by 10%? Little bit ambiguous.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. Romel

Romel Stone Golem

Jul 10, 2018
    Male
    oXLuffyXo
    Buccaneer
    Yonkou
    PALYS
    Hace un tiempo propuse que en lugar de mejorar el daño subieran holy charge en los paladines y por fin veo que escucharon mis sugerencias y estoy contento como paly 17x pero remover puntos de 4to job no es muy recomendable ya que cada 5sp reset cuesta alrededor de 5.1k de nx pienso que al ser un cambio tan grande deberían reembolsar 20 5sp reset a los jugadores palys como antiguamente Neckson hacia con grandes parches de habilidad o resetear los puntos 4to job para que cada jugador paly los vuelva a asignar, además que seria mas beneficioso ver como es que realmente afecta a esta clase al ver a mas jugadores desempeñarse en bosses con holy charge 20 y no solo a la gente de siempre que manda capturas de epm 45 con equipos que la mayoría no puede costearse desde un inicio del juego ya que a mi lv por ejemplo mover 20 puntos a holycharge son muchos dias de voto o si subiría de nivel también tardaría
    BUCCS
    últimamente uso mi bucaneer como echo m20 TL SI mula y a veces damage mula, usualmente en ht solía coincidir el tiempo de carga de energía entre dragón strike + barrange (que tenia cargada mi energía) y super transformación (momento en el que recargaba) con la reduccion de carga del 50% supongo que es momento de rearmer mis timer de combos kekv, se agradece el aumento de evitabilidad que era de 320 antes del parche usando NLC pots

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. s0mething

s0mething Capt. Latanica

May 4, 2019
    Sorry Luffy. Just google translating >.<

PALYS
    Some time ago I proposed that instead of improving the damage they raise holy charge in the paladins and finally I see that they listened to my suggestions and I am happy as paly 17x but removing points from 4th job is not highly recommended since each 5sp reset costs around 5.1 k from nx I think that being such a big change they should reimburse 20 5sp reset to palys players as Neckson used to do with large skill patches or reset the 4th job points so that each paly player reassigns them, which would also be more beneficial See how it really affects this class by seeing more players perform in bosses with holy charge 20 and not just the usual people who send epm 45 captures with teams that most cannot afford from the beginning of the game since to my lv for example moving 20 points to holycharge is many voting days or if it would level up it would also take
    BUCCS
    Lately I use my bucaneer as echo m20 TL SI mule and sometimes damage mule, usually in ht the energy charge time used to coincide between dragon strike + barrange (which had my energy charged) and super transformation (when it recharged) with the 50% load reduction I guess it's time to reset my kekv combos timer, the avoidability increase is appreciated, which was 320 before the patch using NLC pots

• Great Work Great Work x 3
  13. xadra

xadra Capt. Latanica

Jun 6, 2017
    Male
    Adra
    Paladin
    Divide
    Level 160-175 paladins- you resetting guardian or achilles for Holy?

But nice paladin buffs! Thanks for being more prompt and decisive on this one <3

And in this case, we'd REALLY need to test the changes before commenting. So knee jerk responses (like some in this thread) you get the eyeroll.

Btw faster HH cast time should mean a non negligible buff for paladin grinding as well. Pretty sexy really

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Romel

Romel Stone Golem

Jul 10, 2018
    Male
    oXLuffyXo
    Buccaneer
    Yonkou
    i think paly 2h end game obtain holy before achiles
    palys 1h skull o redkatana/ntspeargrave reset achiles or aobtain holy before achiles guardian

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. MeatSlam

MeatSlam Mushmom

Apr 2, 2020
    Male
    2:49 AM
    MeatSlam
    Page
    I'm resetting Guardian which makes me a little sad since I really like the skill but just means I'll have to level some more lol

16. xadra

xadra Capt. Latanica

Jun 6, 2017
    Male
    Adra
    Paladin
    Divide
    Ya, makes sense, 5% is hard to pass up. Gonna cost me 20x5.1k? 100k nx to reset OMEGALUL

17. xadra

xadra Capt. Latanica

Jun 6, 2017
    Male
    Adra
    Paladin
    Divide
    Yeah i friggin love guardian especially as a skull player, I think I'll be resetting achilles myself. Too bad during this interrim i didnt vote :brownpoop:

But yay fellow solo paladin meatslam is back

• Like Like x 3
  18. Romel

Romel Stone Golem

Jul 10, 2018
    Male
    oXLuffyXo
    Buccaneer
    Yonkou
    a mi lv 179 tengo 19 puntos en achiles y un punto en holy charge en mi caso no me afecta mucho mover puntos por que mis 30k clean me ahorran muchas pots, pero si me incomoda gastar 96k nx para obtener holycharge max y aun mantener el guardián ahora me imagino a paladins 2h y/o de menor lv preguntándose si realmente vale la pena usar reset o subir de nivel (que hablando en 190+ es mejor ir a reset) por eso es que pedi que nos obsequien 20 5sp resets para ver una respuesta mas temprana a el daño real en boses y juego en general usando holy al maximo, ya que es mejor a que te envíen nx, seria mas injusto en relación a otras clases

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. fahad

fahad Mushmom

Mar 17, 2020
    Male
    11:49 AM
    Hakai
    Beginner
    I like the new pally buffs !!!!! Definitely makes Paladins more unique in my opinion.

20. Dawnie

Dawnie Mushmom

Nov 19, 2016
    Female
    Malaysia
    Dawnielle, DirtySoul
    Night Lord
    Heaven
    Thanks for the Buccaneer Buffs, long awaited and finally delivered. But Meh.

So, meter fills 50% faster attacking bosses, while barrage/demolition hit multiple times, it still counts as 2 charges for the long cast time. Meh.
    • As bold Italic Underline in initial quote, then make it strong, but not TOO strong as you would imply.
    • A charge per 2 lines wont make it "TOO strong", now i would need to do Flash Fist to gather charge in Bosses. (Fastest and more charges but minus DPS, Great work "balance" team, yall indirectly ask us to go back to 1st class)
    Stance buff being imply on Energy Charge, certainly good but not great. Again, if you cant hit, you cant charge. HT is like HTJQ again all along. Meh.
    • Suggestion, can being damaged adds a charge or two too ? Or timer base, with xxx seconds add a charge.

Haters gonna hate:

10 thousand buffs and still asking for buffs. --> Waiting for MrPrexxxxxx to trash talk.
    Buccs has the best utilities bla bla bla --> try it before you talk, takes immense timing precision and its not as great as you seem.
    Buccs are already too strong and can white pally --> IDK how, but you sir is really disappointing.
    Doenst make sense shit mierda --> Now you shut up and go back playing your hero/pally/drk and stop giving suggestion on other classes.
    Stop rating funny yall clowns

• Funny Funny x 20
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1