1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Information Halloween 2020 Balance Changes [Explained]

Discussion in 'Update Notes' started by Nise, Oct 30, 2020.

1. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    8:58 PM
    Moderator Post
    A lot wondered how the new HH will look. Here's a small demonstration
    [​IMG]

Disclaimer: since we are still in maintenance it may not end up be the final product

• Great Work Great Work x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. iPippy

iPippy Nightshadow

May 19, 2019
    Male
    2:58 PM
    iPippy
    Is this the buff we need to do high damage? Probably not. Is this the buff we deserve because we don't know how to control our characters and require perma stance and dexbucc avoid? Apparently.

For what it's worth, in HT specifically, you should not be falling off the left side transformed. If you need to leave the platform to rebuff, corkscrew can let you climb either side to the top without even touching the rope.

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. MrPresident

MrPresident Capt. Latanica

Dec 19, 2017
    MrPresident
    Spearman
    Still salty about the ropes?

4. xadra

xadra Capt. Latanica

Jun 6, 2017
    Male
    2:58 AM
    Adra
    Paladin
    Divide
    Cooooooool! Is this with SI?

5. Dawnie

Dawnie Mushmom

Nov 19, 2016
    Female
    Malaysia
    Dawnielle, DirtySoul
    Night Lord
    Heaven
    *claps*
    point proven : RIP, it is now perma stance discussion guys. (From adding more charges to perma stance idk how dont ask)
    point proven : I have pepe hands and do now know how to cork screw blow until lvl 183, wings down you be cord screwing air.
    point proven : Not only drk/hero/pally have clowns, apparently bucc have too, while shitting down on own class.
    point proven : Stay left side, good point until the whole party comes to you for SI buff. Go down and rebuff and its HTJQ all over. Wing down ? good luck,you just reach zakum jump quest level 2.

Disclaimer: I am sorry, i got pepehands, i use 4 hour to finish zakum jump quest. Did you just suggest i stop playing Buccaneer ?

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. iPippy

iPippy Nightshadow

May 19, 2019
    Male
    iPippy
    I'm probably the last person to say the class needs buffs. It's definitely not the *class* that I'm "shitting down" :brownpoop:.

Real talk though, if its not perma-stance, what is it that we need to climb rope? And how are archers able to climb it with similar (if not higher w/o gear optimization) levels of avoid?

7. s0mething

s0mething Capt. Latanica

May 4, 2019
    11:58 AM
    Legend has it, we use a secret portal to get back up.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Dawnie

Dawnie Mushmom

Nov 19, 2016
    Female
    Malaysia
    Dawnielle, DirtySoul
    Night Lord
    Heaven
    If you realise. Incase you didnt, they are ranged. Their positioning is way better and do not require to STICK THEIR HEAD TO THE HT PARTS YOU ARE KILLING.

Dont know how you missed this but, dont bring demolition into this, their range is still far better and have no blind spot.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. iPippy

iPippy Nightshadow

May 19, 2019
    Male
    iPippy
    Ranged isnt some magic ability that lets you do damage anywhere, anytime. They have to reposition much more than we do, especially if they want to hit the midhead. Where do you usually stand that makes you fall off?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    upload_2020-10-30_22-1-20.png

• Funny Funny x 8
    • Great Work Great Work x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. shck

shck Timer Retired Staff

Feb 10, 2020
    Male
    Singapore
    Recube
    Buccaneer
    Bloom
    This has been my exact point while discussing "bucc buffs", it all comes down to character control(timing, precision and repositioning). I'm not the best at any of those and certainly require more practice. Not tryna complaining, but I certainly dislike the QoL(Stance) buff to buccs this time round.

The key point in this is buccs should not be falling off the left side transformed. Only time you should ever be off of top left platform in transformation is when both HT heads are cancelled or when you're rebuffing after a dispel.

1) Longer bubble up time(more stance duration) in itself is a bad decision IMO. More charges on the other hand is always welcomed, therefore, let's give the 50% additional charge rate a test run before asking for more charges. All in all, adding both in the same update? Sure, but no thanks to more stance.

2) You can still CSB to assaulter platform on either side when the arm stretches out. Also, timing a hit from HT for iframes or just getting hit by a rock works too. Not the best counter-argument, I know.

3) Neither iPippyiPippy or I am shitting on our own class, in this case, Buccs. For me, it's just that these buffs can be put onto some other aspects of the class rather than a QoL change. More importantly, the fact that a balance team member has spoken to Bucc mains and still settle on these buffs is a testament to how our opinions STILL don't matter.

4) I personally go over to the right to SI my party members(if necessary) when transformation is on cooldown. With SI 14, I'm at a comfortable spot with rebuffing and going back to top left before my transformation is off cooldown. However, when someone get's "SI bug" or "my SI ran out", they can go fuck themselves, just don't rebuff idiots.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. iPippy

iPippy Nightshadow

May 19, 2019
    Male
    iPippy
    SI14 squad assemble. I wouldnt call stance buff an unwelcome change, but it definitely aims at improving consistency/ease of use for the class. Our "good run" output probably wont go up too much, but the "average run" will likely go better. I've got plenty of stuff to test out to know for sure though.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Midnight

Midnight Skelegon

Jan 2, 2015
    Midnight/TheMorrigan
    Dragon Knight, Assassin
    WeenieHutJrs
    No reason to hate on the Shad buff... It benefits everyone in the party. Shads have crappy DPS, a little buff to their party utility can't hurt.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Holp

Holp Master Chronos Retired Staff

Nov 13, 2018
    Male
    4:58 AM
    kKayo
    Shadower
    Toot
    6-man shad parties can now have 4.5min of smoke and 30 second downtime woohoo :sleep:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. Dawnie

Dawnie Mushmom

Nov 19, 2016
    Female
    Malaysia
    Dawnielle, DirtySoul
    Night Lord
    Heaven
    Welp, i dont wanna put up a map. people like you are a really tiring "thing" to deal with. If there isnt a problem on stance at start, why would people be requesting it.

#use your big brains to think c:
    #ask the first bucc that gets to 200 why she said we get knocked more often than usual c:
    #talk whatever you want, if there really isnt an issue why balance team thought of it and BUFFED it.
    #yeah right, all other buccs are pepega except you, you so smart to use tricks to prevent yourself from felling. *claps*

HAPPY FOR YOU. YOU TOO SMART !

shckshck

*If its not the best counter-argument, dont even mention, its not helping.
    *Its not that your opinions dont matter, there is kinda only 2 of you guys that has the power to mitigate the issue and call it normal* Majority > Minority.

• Funny Funny x 12
  16. ShadowRealm

ShadowRealm Chronos

Jun 18, 2018
    Shadower
    Just my $0.69 first thoughts
    I feel like this is an improvement to pallies dpm (in general) but nearly all bosses aren't weak to holy unfortunately and some are strong/resistant to some bosses such as cwkpq Margana. Its alright to be used against bosses like HT/Zak that have no weakness to any element.
    In NT, Targa/Scar, other bosses of cwkpq, your still better off using flame/blizzard/lightning charge as they are weak to those said elements in which elemental weakness give more multiplier than just a straight up 0.1x multiplier from holy charge.
    But at least its finally now worth dumping skill points on rather than just leaving it ignored cough cough Ninja Ambush

For bossing, Heaven's Hammer probably will still go unused mainly if pallies are more funded.
    Don't forget HH now does 50k damage against bosses, its only good if you aren't heavily funded but if you hit higher numbers or even 6 digit numbers on blasts or acb than HH is still going to be a hindrance.
    For farming/grinding HH is now more convenient and effective now.

I honestly feel like this is probably one of the great buffs after assasinate buff for shadowers. But yes smokescreen with 10 min cd was just too situational. With the long cooldown, there are some situations where smokescreen needs to be cast at the right time. Some scenarios that smoke has to be used
    * Mass Sed, if all hope is lost, other party members hero's will are on cd and bishop fails to holy shield properly.
    * Ressing a squishy player that could just die 1 hit after a ress
    * Waiting for cancel magic attack (99.9% of the time)
    * For bosses with multiple bodies like Pre Head HT, Verga, Nibergen, Zak, and etc.
    * Mass dispel from HT (mainly for bishops so they don't die to dispel)

Now a 5 min cooldown, it is indeed comparing to old smokescreen, you have 90 seconds of taking no damage which in longer boss runs, attackers can save more hp pots within the time frame but also it now makes smokescreen much more usable when off cd. This makes it that shadowers will use even fewer pots in boss fights for instance a shadower could prob use 30-40 hp pots instead of 50-60 hp pots in one horntail run.
    For instance, shadowers smokescreens, when someone dies outside of smokescreen, you can essentially wait 5 minutes and have the bishop guarantee a smokescreen + ress to ensure their squishy attacker gets succesfully ressed and given hb or magic guard on time without hindrance.
    Also it can make solving some of those scenarios much easier given shadowers can smoke once per 5 minutes.

I don't have much insight about buccs but +5% increased weapon mastery on an active skill is a surprised change. I honestly didn't expect an active skill can be coded to contain passive effect cause limitations. I thought it would be +5% more mastery on knuckle mastery LUL.
    But don't forget, buccs get to keep their bonus attack for 10 extra secs from energy charge so a bit more damage.

I feel like Buccaneers now have lower downtime for energy charge for bosses which means easier access for stance. Definitely a QoL change for bossing buccs.
    But then again, these changes are a right step in the direction. It may have a small significance for bosses that don't multiple platform but bosses like HT it helps a bit more.

• Like Like x 1
  17. OP
    OP
    Nise

Nise Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    3:58 AM
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    Reading this post, I realized I missed out on something...

Main post updated by the way!

• Like Like x 5
  18. Romel

Romel Stone Golem

Jul 10, 2018
    Male
    1:58 PM
    oXLuffyXo
    Buccaneer
    Yonkou
    Me agrada pero esperaba que energy orb si afecte a varias partes del cuerpo de ht como pasa en los brazos de zk, no estoy 100% convencido pero no lo sabre hasta ver los cambios en marcha

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. Romel

Romel Stone Golem

Jul 10, 2018
    Male
    1:58 PM
    oXLuffyXo
    Buccaneer
    Yonkou
    se que no soy el mejor jugador de buccs ni que estoy con un financiamiento divino pero ni bien se restablezca el juego tratare de medir un epm 45 en ht para romper mitos de damage y dudas sobre postura usando la distribución estándar que vi de ir a la cabeza izquierda después de la cola y otra atacando alas y brazo derecho con mi propio macro que tengo
    PD: ¡Yo creo mis propias opciones! >:v
    poggggs.png

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    Bucc buffs were probably the most difficult ones to decide on overall. I know that at the very least it probably had the most discussion going for it. Honestly, I heard a lot of different things from a lot of different people. Many people were happy with where buccaneers were but others weren't, and getting to the bottom of that in terms of balancing becomes difficult, as it's a complicated class that can have wildly different outcomes depending on personal skill and what you're killing. Personally I'm anticipating that the bubble buffs will help people just starting out at HT, where they can't rely on avoid or experience to save them, along with providing slightly more damage with more ideal combos for everyone. It's still important to know what to do outside of bubble, but at the very least those periods have been shortened to get on with the meat of the fight. I do believe that some classes begin to scale much better late game than they ought to compared to mid-game, and bucc is one of them, along with sair and the bowmen, as their DPM growth in bosses seems to be less linear than others, with more factors involved as they master their class.

Damage is always a difficult part of balancing. It's hard to say who belongs where on the DPM charts, or even what level of gear/buffs should be included in the DPM charts, but overall with the mastery buff this should put buccaneers on the same level as Heroes for single target. There were a lot of places that could've been hit, individual skills and whatnot, but personally I enjoy the metas that involve chaining different skills together. Royals did buccaneers a disservice in making them demo mules, so instead I believed that buccs can thrive under a small dpm buff to every skill. It's difficult to make changes without breaking the identity, so what was brought to the table were a couple small changes that accentuate the class without fully nullifying any of the weaknesses, but as usual I'll be on the lookout for what else can be done in the future to improve every class, and I quite enjoy small buffs everywhere in a slow process over patches, that's how I'll try to personally approach for buffs or nerfs for everyone in the future. ^^

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1