1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Lion Heart Castle

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by iwanapwn, Oct 9, 2020.

1. iwanapwn

iwanapwn Blue Snail

Jul 24, 2020
    11:17 AM
    Beginner
    Lionheart Castle was an interactive training location that allowed players to grind while preserving the social aspects of the game. Parties of up to 6 players of any class would gather around to farm mobs with high HP mobs that were impractical to solo. There were also many safe spots that encouraged socializing.

Current Issues:
    • There are currently only two efficient end game grinding spots in ML, Skelegons and Shaolin Temple.
    • End game maps do not foster any sort of party play. Skeles are exclusively used for leeching and Shaolin Temple maps such as 1-2, 3-4, and 5-6 are heavily favored towards mages which again encourages leeching. 7F while viable for melee classes can only support two players at once and is solo'd by most high level players. (Who likes to chat while getting slapped by fish anyways?)
    • Ranged classes such as BM and NLs have no reasonable grinding areas and resort to bossing for exp.
    Plausibility:
    ML is based off of a 2008 version of MapleStory with certain features going up to 2010 versions such as Ellin Forest, ToT, Cwkpq, Neo Tokyo, Ulu/Krex, etc. LHC was released in 2011 and would be the latest version of GMS ML has ever taken an idea from(?).
    Source: http://www.southperry.net/timeline.php

One of the core values of ML is nostalgia and I'm sure many of us want to preserve this. It would be great if changes could be made to maps such as ToT to touch upon some of the issues I mentioned. Then again ToT party training would never be able to support up to 6 players and provide the same high HP mobs LHC did.

• Agree Agree x 16
    • Like Like x 2
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  2. iPippy

iPippy Nightshadow

May 19, 2019
    Male
    iPippy
    Who are these high levels soloing 7f? It's still going to suffer compared to duo

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Joolahn

Joolahn Dark Stone Golem

Aug 1, 2017
    Male
    8:17 AM
    Joolahn
    Night Lord
    California
    LHC was probably the only content I enjoyed from post-big bang. Iirc, LHC also gave players 15% bonus EXP for each party member. This, in combination with using low-quantity, high-HP mobs, made it extremely favorable for party-play over leech-play.

Btw, 7F kind of functions as a current 'LHC', where parties of 2 high leveled non-mage classes can actually grind very well... but I definitely would welcome more options and larger party-play areas!

I'm not sure if post-big bang content is even able to be added, but if it is... I would love LHC (with appropriate balancing).

4. RegalStar

RegalStar Nightshadow

Sep 23, 2019
    Male
    DMsRebirth
    Just control two characters at once to get the best of both worlds

5. OP
    OP
    iwanapwn

iwanapwn Blue Snail

Jul 24, 2020
    Beginner
    Awkward realization that people just didn't want me :(
    14x pally btw

6. yabaschu

yabaschu Snail

Jul 27, 2020
    Male
    KIoud
    Hero
    Shelter
  7. Pepper

Pepper Wolfspider

Sep 3, 2020
    Female
    Peppermint
    Bowmaster
    I am not quite at that level (yet) to grind in these areas but when I played global (before monster carnival was released) the reason I enjoyed PQs so much was because it was party-focused. It is more fun and less mindless exhaustion to work as a team to accomplish a goal than to sit there and grind endlessly by yourself. Having lower amounts of players being able to utilize a map at a time also lowers the amount of people who can sufficiently grind at a given time and increases heavy competition for the very limited maps that exist. I don't know how bad map obtaining is at higher levels, but my 60's-70's was pretty bad trying to find a map. We often had to resort to worse maps and check for a decent one multiple times - sometimes we would never get a decent one that day.

I much prefer working with other players to level and have people to talk to then grinding endlessly by myself.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Nise

Nise Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    12:17 AM
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    Ellin Forest, ToT, CWKPQ, Neo Tokyo, Ulu/Krex I believe were still v62. Just for other versions of the game. ToT was v62 KMS (please correct me if I'm wrong). NT was v62 JMS. Ulu/Krex were v62 MapleSEA. Or at least very very close and pre-big bang version (so pre-2009).

I do remember looking this up, I'll post again with corrections if I find it again~

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    11:17 PM
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    Definitely a great idea, but not sure if it will work or not.
    Mysterious Path 3 used to be a very contested map in old MapleSEA, many areas allowing many people to party & train effectively.

In ML, its pretty empty, mostly only GS2 and GS5 filled with leechers or duos.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. RainbowYarn

RainbowYarn Pink Teddy

Jan 14, 2020
    Male
    United Kingdom
    3:17 PM
    It's not exactly a pre big bang part of maple, though.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Voxtagrams

Voxtagrams Headless Horseman

Jun 13, 2020
    8:17 AM
    Then that would mean that they would also have to add in Von Leon boss to the game.

12. GammaLemon

GammaLemon Blue Snail

Feb 27, 2018
    Male
    12:17 PM
    GammaLemon
    Crossbowman
    Glad to see me and my friends are not the only ones who think it'd be great to have LHC in the game, we think that when it comes to grinding after 150, aside from 7F and ToT, classes that aren't mages don't really have a lot of options, so LHC would greatly increase party-mobbing on higher levels, especially if you consider things like aforementioned exp bonus, or the smaller maps, so I'm hoping the staff gives the idea some thought! :love:
    And as for bringin Von Leon I'd say that decision is up to Kimmy and the rest of the staff, but aside from his excessive HP, he's no different from most bosses of his tier when it comes to drops, exp and mechanic so I don't think it'd be a bad idea at all.
    In any case, I'm sure a lot of players would be really thankful and happy if LHC ever did find its way to ML, positive change!
    Bless you for suggesting this in the forum, I love MapleLegends and would love to kill Von Leon and his goons too! :roflmao:

13. Knighthatzi

Knighthatzi Slime

Jun 22, 2019
    Male
    Melbourne, Australia
    2:17 AM
    HatziS
    Bishop
    Ive mentioned it before as well and you can see the actual castle in the background of Elnath Maps, the mobs themselves would need to be nerfed as 2011 was the potential era of maple and each of the mobs in LHC had millions of HP (7.4m minimum) and were considered "Boss Tier Monster", Temple of Time was added however the boss for it is still not in game, however could be by the time some people read this. The area would also add higher level armor and weapons much like Temple of Time can (hoping has very shortly), but its true more training spots are better and most of the best training spots are leeching spots regardless of level all the way upto Petris, Skeles and Shaolin