1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Which mage to fund?

Discussion in 'Help & Advice' started by avoru, Nov 6, 2020.

1. avoru

avoru Blue Snail

Nov 4, 2020
    Male
    12:21 PM
    Magician, Cleric
    Hello,

I just started playing Maplelegends, and decided my first character will be a magician. I hit lvl 30 and I'm having trouble deciding which path to follow.

I want to level my mage up to 80-100 to give little fundings to my future NL char which I always dreamed of making. I'm not planning on doing the endgame stuff like HT because I certainly won't have time for that, but I just don't want my NL to be weak from the start. Does it make sense at all to level a mage to 100 to have some funds for the basic needs of a NL like ilbis or a dexless claw or should I just make a NL and level him up without funds?

If getting some funds makes sense, which Magician class would be best for it?

2. xadra

xadra Capt. Latanica

Jun 6, 2017
    Male
    6:21 PM
    Adra
    Paladin
    Divide
    Yes what you're proposing (making a mage to fund/help grind an attacker) makes perfect sense, and honestly speaking could be considered the "meta" of this server.

For the choice of mage, most would say to go cleric-> bishop since the party buff, holy symbol, is invaluable for party levelling. Also clerics practically don't use any money on potions throughout 2nd job, so you save loads of money there.

You could also go for ice-lightning mage, which is potentially the easiest class to grind up out of all classes. The downside to that is that when you're grinding up your attacker, you need holy symbol anyway- so you'll need to make a cleric at some point.

Lastly about fire-poison: it has the easiest 3rd job levelling out of all classes, but (similar to I/L) needs a cleric for hs anyway, plus the 2nd job can suck really badly when you don't get area spells like clerics and I/L do.

Lastly remember not to put any AP in LUK

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. kalash

kalash Headless Horseman

Oct 18, 2016
    Male
    Kalash
    Night Lord
    Halcyon
    If you want funds, go for a cleric. They grind for free (after level 45 or so) and are pretty lazy (gs2 ftw). Be sure to level heal -> mp eater -> teleport. The order of the rest doesn't matter that much.

If you're not interested in late game stuff, ignore anything you see about hp washing. If you think you'll want to do some late game stuff at some point, definitely start hp washing asap.

• Like Like x 2
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    avoru

avoru Blue Snail

Nov 4, 2020
    Male
    Magician, Cleric
    Thanks for the replies guys ! I think I'm gonna go with cleric then to fund my NL. As I said, I'm sure I wont do endgame stuff like Horntail etc. because of no time. Can you guys advise me on what stuff to get first on my low-funded NL and how much mesos do I need to save up for him to work semi-decently? Should I create him on a second account to benefit from my Priests HS?

5. kalash

kalash Headless Horseman

Oct 18, 2016
    Male
    Kalash
    Night Lord
    Halcyon
    1. Get some ilbies, luk gear, atk wg and maple weapons (weapons are starting from level 35, use a garnier until then). They don't need to be expensive at all. Like 15m should get you well on your way.
    2. Yes, always create new characters on a different account. You can vote on all your accounts for extra nx anyhow, so there's 0 benefit from multiple characters on the same account.

6. cypepsi

cypepsi Slime

Oct 31, 2020
    DIamondback
    I would recommend you to make him on a second account, so you can vote with 2 Accounts.
    Also you can Level your own SIN and get some HP Washing done (anyway Recommended).
    If not, i am actually first Charing a SIN tho.
    Sadly it is kind of Impossible to play w/o Fundings. For Example a Dexless Sin needs a Mapleclaw / Dexless Claw wich cost after level 35 7Mil +
    That is no Amount you would reach. Then you need a Atk Glove with atleast 6-8 Atk wich is another 4~12 Mil.
    Ilbis are 400~600k per Set, a Bathrobe with some Luk 2~20Mil.. and so on..

In Terms of Playing that Char for a while i'd Recommend Washing.. later or earlier you goanna regret not doing so..
    A Bish is first Choice for being a MesoDigger.

7. xadra

xadra Capt. Latanica

Jun 6, 2017
    Male
    6:21 PM
    Adra
    Paladin
    Divide
    To be sure, those prices are massively outdated. I feel its actually a good time to get started.

A maple claw these days does not cost nearly that much, an 8 atk glove is like 2m, ilbis are 200k, luk overall and earring scrolls are extremely cheap so its easy to make yourself a decent starter kit for your NL.

I think dont be intimidated. But yes just go mage, everyone wishes they had a priest for holy symbol, just crucial for any kind of grinding really

8. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    A bit off topic for OP probably and correct me if I'm wrong but if you have an account on which you are going to do alot of washing wouldn't it help to make a second adventurer on there to get more AP resets (through events and PQs)?

9. kalash

kalash Headless Horseman

Oct 18, 2016
    Male
    Kalash
    Night Lord
    Halcyon
    Perhaps with events, but the PQ nx just isn't wroth it

• Like Like x 1
  10. PrettyLights

PrettyLights Timer

Oct 11, 2017
    3:21 AM
    As an alternative to overpriced maple claws.. you can get 5 dex earrings and scroll the lv 15 claw. They are insanely cheap and more importantly have a higher attack speed than garnier(and you dont need to use the slowest claw til lv 35). Could use them right up to shinobi bracer lv 55 which is much much cheaper than kandayo. Or switch over to kandayo at that point if you need.

• Informative Informative x 2
  11. IHearColors

IHearColors Timer

Jul 1, 2017
    Male
    Shadower, I/L Arch Mage, Bandit
    Best bang for your buck would be illbis, wa gloves (8-10 attk is okay), and zhelm. Though if you want to get zhelm by level 50, you'll either have to wash to meet the minimum 3.6k hp requirement or buy an afk run, which will obviously cost a bit more. Even if you're not washing, the extra dex and luk from the helm is pretty big.

12. AlexSF

AlexSF Red Snail

Nov 7, 2020
    Male
    GoodOld2004
    Magician
    This is my exact question and situation hahah. I started playing again yesterday, and got my char to lvl 8 to be magician.
    Good to know I should delete my 2nd char and recreate on a diff account :)