1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Skills Balance: Increase Shadow Stars time

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by shlomi, Nov 8, 2020.

1. shlomi

shlomi Slime

Jun 5, 2020
    Male
    IL
    10:00 PM
    Hero, Dark Knight, F/P Arch Mage, Bishop, Bowmaster, Night Lord, Shadower, Marauder, Buccaneer, Corsair
    So right now, after the last balance update to increase the amount of arrows bowman can carry, bowman can have a huge stack of arrows + Soul Arrow who makes 600 seconds(10 minutes) of free arrows without using any arrows to cast
    while NLs have 1 star per 5 arrows + Shadow claw hold for only 120(2 minutes) seconds AND! costs 200 stars to cast.

while improving bowman(arrows stack / Strafe+10%) and other classes I couldn't find any improvements for NLs

All I asks is to increase the time of shadow claw and/or remove the stars draining while using this skill.

** this improvement won't increase any dmg, the only thing it makes is helping us not recharge before every boss we make **

• Disagree Disagree x 11
  2. Huiae

Huiae Headless Horseman

Aug 1, 2015
    Female
    Seoul, Korea
    4:00 AM
    Verdict
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    Let shadow star apply dmg of subi(+15 watk), just like soul arrow applies +0 watk even if archers have watk arrows, than i'd agree.

For fairness.

Mate just go rcg......

(Sorry sairs...)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    shlomi

shlomi Slime

Jun 5, 2020
    Male
    IL
    Hero, Dark Knight, F/P Arch Mage, Bishop, Bowmaster, Night Lord, Shadower, Marauder, Buccaneer, Corsair
    if you are not familiar with NLs skills please check maplelegends.com/lib before
    1. Shadow Star is not applying any +dmg.
    2. unlike bowman, NLs skills are all original and same as GMS as far as i've seen. want to be fair? remove all bowman modifications

4. RegalStar

RegalStar Nightshadow

Sep 23, 2019
    Male
    3:00 PM
    DMsRebirth
    I don't think you understand how archer skills work. Soul Arrow will invalidate the attack bonus on special arrows, as if the archer is firing regular arrows (the extra damage still shows up on the stat screen, but it doesn't actually get applied).

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. OP
    OP
    shlomi

shlomi Slime

Jun 5, 2020
    Male
    IL

So since soul arrow remove your poor 5ATT you don't agree for NLs to have a few more minutes of Shadow Stars?
    when you got +10% on Strafe or got 5k arrows when we can only hold 1k did anyone complain?
    What the Hell is wrong with you petty people

6. Shivering

Shivering Wolfspider

Mar 9, 2018
    12:00 PM
    Shivering
    I/L Arch Mage
    You are arguing about fairness and they are telling you why the bowman skill is the way it is. NLs get to abuse a shadow star bug where you only buy 1 set of high dmg attack stars; they don't need extended duration on SS.

Just because someone doesn't agree with you doesn't make them petty XD

• Agree Agree x 4
  7. isamelon

isamelon Mushmom

Jan 15, 2019
    Female
    Isamelon
    Corsair
    DerpFam
    Maybe after they fix the shadow star bug

8. WatIsDeze

WatIsDeze Horny Mushroom

May 1, 2020
    9:00 PM
    Camper
    You were told why your idea was sketchy and you just start calling people petty in response and trivializing their arguments lmao.

Great way to do suggestions

• Like Like x 1
  9. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    2:00 PM
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    Give me +31 attack arrows at same recharge cost as mtk and i agree

10. RegalStar

RegalStar Nightshadow

Sep 23, 2019
    Male
    DMsRebirth
    Well, I'll talk about this subject a bit in place of OP.

With the arrow mechanics change, even with Shadow Star, NLs go through their use slots on the same speed as BMs (200 stars = 1/5 of a slot, ditto for 1000 arrows), and faster than MMs, and they're also vulnerable to being dispelled which effectively increase their consumption even more. Of course, they can use the Shadow Star bug to slow down their consumption by using steelies which holds more stars per slot currently, but that bug is on slate to be fixed. And unlike archers, once they run out of stars they have no recourse other than throw out some shadow mesos for incredibly minor damage.

I think if/when Shadow Star bug gets fixed, something can be done about this area. Something I've been thinkiing about just now is to increase the clip size of lower tier stars so lower attack stars = more stars per slot, which also makes them nice QoL for lower level sins (and to sort of balance out the fact that unlike bullets, most stars have no level requirement meaning even a level 10 thief can be hurling ilbis around), in addition to giving them value as backup options of sorts, even if only mostly on paper. Of course, this is hinging on Shadow Star bug being fixed, because it obviously makes no sense while that bug is still present.

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. OP
    OP
    shlomi

shlomi Slime

Jun 5, 2020
    Male
    IL
    Don't you have +26 att and -50% mana use of "Concentrate" ? not even talking about SE
    take the +31 give me your dam SE and Concentrate

- If there is a bug, it should be fixed and not be considers cauz not everyone are abusers.
    - If there is a bug that somehow make infinite stars extending Shadow Star time wont do anything right? so what are you crying about?
    - if you didn't play NL save me your clueless replay please.
    - I don't care what bowman has, I can promise you that BM skills can cover on that 31att "loses" with other skills,
    - all I wanted is not having to skill every 120 seconds and lose 50% of my stack if I forget, why you people make so much noise about it?

12. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    9:00 PM
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    I like where this thread is going

13. iPippy

iPippy Nightshadow

May 19, 2019
    Male
    iPippy
    While on the topic of sharing skills: shifter and avoid for everyone. :pinkbean: No more sairs on luk or archer ragdolls in bosses~

14. CervezaSanta

CervezaSanta King Slime

Jul 29, 2017
    Male
    1:00 PM
    CervezaSanta
    Bishop, Night Lord, Buccaneer
    Vivid
    Buy more stars.

15. OP
    OP
    shlomi

shlomi Slime

Jun 5, 2020
    Male
    IL
    16 sets..

16. PrettyLights

PrettyLights Timer

Oct 11, 2017
    Maybs another row of use inventory would be nice, but a shad star buff thats a heck naw dawg from me

17. CervezaSanta

CervezaSanta King Slime

Jul 29, 2017
    Male
    1:00 PM
    CervezaSanta
    Bishop, Night Lord, Buccaneer
    Vivid
    I'm at 25 sets, used to run with 20 sets but ran out of stars one time in the middle of HT because I didn't recharge after a terrible 2 hour run, now I run with 25 sets. It's not like we need the use space for potions anyway.

18. whoblows

whoblows Slime

Jul 29, 2017
    WhoSUCCs
    only?

19. aaronis

aaronis Slimy

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Shadower
    Beaters
    NL buffs LUL and like cervezasanta said just get more stars lmao steelies are like 2 mesos and something something shadow star bug, i personally have 28 sets because im small brarin NL that forgets to recharge

20. IHearColors

IHearColors Timer

Jul 1, 2017
    Male
    Shadower, I/L Arch Mage, Bandit
    I didn't know throwing a tantrum and hurling insults like "petty" and "clueless" because people disagree with you gets you what you want. I should do it more often then.

The comparison between bowman and NLs seems slightly off imo. They do bear similarities in the sense that they are ranged classes that use projectiles, but in reality bowman hardly actually use arrows that give any additional attack once they obtain soul arrow. The buff to the arrow slots was intended to provide them with a more viable option to gain a boost in attack compensated through the loss slots from arrows. NLs will always use up stars regardless of shadow star or not, but they retain the additional attack damage from their projectiles, unlike bowman. Besides, despite that they are both range single-target dps, bm and mm definitely take a huge support role because of SE, while NLs exist purely for damage. The damage they deal can't be compared. Sure NLs need SE for their absolutely absurd damage, but to call it unfair that they don't have all the things bowman have is just not true and completely undermines the point of having unique classes. NLs far out-damage any other class in terms of single target with the exception of some Sairs (which are also more technically complicated and they don't even get any cushion for their projectiles), so being so overtly hostile to people disagreeing that this busted class deserves an even further buff definitely doesn't help your case. Imo staff should really only consider such changes after the shadow star bug is fixed. I don't think a buff to the duration to 180 or 200 seconds isn't necessarily an awful idea, but NLs definitely don't need it now and possibly in the future.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1