1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Add more grinding options for lvls 30-70

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by RT, Nov 12, 2020.

1. RT

RT Slime

Nov 23, 2019
    7:01 PM
    I/L Wizard, I/L Arch Mage
    Hi All,

I made a post about this yesterday but I deleted it since it came off as long and whiny... I wanted to re-post a truncated version instead.

I've been playing on this server for years, and in recent time its become really frustrating competing for popular maps like GS2 and skeles. Higher level/funded accounts don't feel this pain as much... but for new players its honestly awful. It can take literal days to find a GS2 map unless you're checking 24/7, or can afford leech (or to purchase the map outright)

I'd love to see a buff to things like the internet cafe (which is an excellent feature btw), to encourage party grinding at lower levels. Even adding more maps there (like maybe GS2?) would be a huge improvement.

I want to feel incentivized to grind... thats weirdly part of the fun of maple. The huge amount of mules competing for maps on this server has led me to essentially just grind mesos on my high-level mages and then buy leech. I miss the efficacy of actually getting to play my lower level characters outside of pqs... now I feel like I just watch other people grind them up and I miss out on the 1-120 journey save for some specific quests etc. Not to mention this issue makes it really hard for me to introduce friends to the game. I mean.. what exactly do we expect new characters to do aside from farm up a bishop to solve this?

Are we considering adding new maps (scarecrows etc?), increasing spawn on existing ones, or buffing the internet cafe? I know we can only have so many channels... but there are other solutions here aside from that.

I'd just love to be able to enjoy a nice grind session like the old days on this server without 75% of my time being consumed by map searches. And I mean... mules arn't going anywhere I know... but we can't pretend this isn't becoming a real issue.

In closing, I just want to be able to play again and not feel annoyed and frustrated when I'm not on one of my 140+ accounts. I hope you guys are willing to consider the plight of the newbies a little bit next patch.

Thanks in advance!

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. asdfjkliang

asdfjkliang Selkie Jr.

Jul 10, 2017
    Male
    Mirage
    Hero
    Influence
    we should have a rule where selling a map is prohibited. i think thats like one of the things about ML that is dumb

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. OP
    OP
    RT

RT Slime

Nov 23, 2019
    I will say it bothers me that level 150 bishops will guard maps meant for players 100 levels lower than them to either sell the map or leech later in the day...

• Like Like x 2
  4. Pepper

Pepper Wolfspider

Sep 3, 2020
    Female
    Peppermint
    Bowmaster
    I am a bit over 2 months in to playing here and when I was in the level range for ghost ship, I was able to get it almost every day. This may just be my timezone though. I do think that map limitations prevent new players from leveling. Any good map is filled with leechers. Leeching seems to be the main form of leveling which is kind of sad. But to wash you can't grind yourself very easily. Adding more maps I feel will still end up full of people leeching/selling leech on those maps. I think having level limitations on who can enter would be a good way to encourage grinding over leech.

5. Diziple

Diziple Pac Pinky

Jun 23, 2017
    Male
    7:01 AM
    HappyGuY
    Dragon Knight
    None
    Questing is also another way of levelling in ML within this range. It allows you to explore different maps, which is another fun way as well.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. yurain

yurain Windraider

Dec 30, 2019
    YUrain
    I/L Wizard
    THAT'S RIGHT. You found the right way to play this game.

Be a good friend, and give your irl friends free leech. LOL.
    Or just let someone draw the short straw and play a mage to leech everyone else.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    4:01 PM
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    There is some weird obsession with lower levels and 'optimal' grinding spots because of guides. If it takes you 5 minutes to find a GS2 map over a GS1 map, you've already lost out on the bonus exp advantage. There are tons of viable grind maps for the lower levels... 1% at lvl 50 literally takes 20 seconds. The difference between the maps isn't going to make a huge difference.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    Why can't you just PQ with your friends? You can PQ all the way to level 85 or so. HPQ -> KPQ -> Follow nise's quest guide to 35 ->LPQ ->OPQ / PPQ / EPQ -> MPQ

• Like Like x 1
  9. robert8

robert8 Mushmom

Oct 17, 2018
    Male
    UK
    11:01 PM
    Robert8
    I/L Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    I 100% agree with this. I never touched GS, from the very start I started going though the normal quests. Not only is it fun but it takes you all over the maple world and gives some decent experience.

I did KPQ but no other PQ.

By time I got to level 70 I had quite a lot of meso so I got leeched up to level 120 then after that I went back to quests and exploring. If you want to just level as quick as possible then buy leech, if you want to play the game then go explore :) After all it's your story...

• Like Like x 2
  10. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    12:01 AM
    So many I keep forgetting
    All I really do is grind in the 30-70 range because I always lose interest in chars before level 70.

I definitely can't say I share the sentiment of it being hard for people to get through these levels. There's tonnes of unexplored grinding maps that are left to rot because people just want the optimal grind path. As mentioned before, this often times works out to be counterproductive because so much time is spent waiting for maps that people could've done 5 levels in another map while waiting to get 10% faster EPH in some optimal map.

An example I keep bringing up is the map left of Mu Lung, for melee attackers and mages this map provides absolutely terrific exp between lvl 35-50, yet I've only really seen one or two persons there in my years of playing ML.

Questing and PQing is also super viable and (for some) a fun way to break the monotonous grind.

• Like Like x 1
  11. OP
    OP
    RT

RT Slime

Nov 23, 2019
    OK, please give me an example of a map for 55-70 that is within 10% epm of any ghost ship map. Maybe I'm wrong but I'd love an example.

12. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    It's already been said, but Mu Lung is a great alternative in the lower levels. So is Taipei 101 if you're strong enough. Windraiders are another option, especially if you party train. Ghost ship isn't even the best exp from lvls 60+.

13. BananaPie

BananaPie Selkie Jr.

Dec 22, 2019
    Male
    Kid mannes I got 3.2m epm 5 with basket, accuracy gear and other crap at level 61 on my fighter around 4 months ago

14. OP
    OP
    RT

RT Slime

Nov 23, 2019
    They changed mannes so they no longer track... previously I would've agreed.

15. RainbowYarn

RainbowYarn Pink Teddy

Jan 14, 2020
    Male
    United Kingdom
    30 - 35 Ariant Quests, Royal Cactus, Teddies
    35 - 40 Teddies, Chronos
    40 - 45 Teddies, Chronos, Straw Target Dummies, Omega Sector monsters
    45 - 50 Straw Target Dummies, Elin Quests, Omega Sector quests / monsters
    50 - 55 Star Target Dummies, Roids
    55 - 60 Roids
    60 - 70 Roids, Voodoos, Windraiders

16. OP
    OP
    RT

RT Slime

Nov 23, 2019
    WR are lvl 70... and a very popular leeching map sure. Which maps in Mu Lung are you saying give a similar epm to GS2? Straw targets certainly don't. Can you name some specifics maps/enemies? Also Roids are level 78.

17. ScarletMoon

ScarletMoon Orange Mushroom

Oct 5, 2020
    Male
    You can try fancy amplifiers, i recall having 3.5m eph or sth along those lines.

It might be more suitable for ranged though, since the map is rather large.

What is GS eph anyway?

18. OP
    OP
    RT

RT Slime

Nov 23, 2019
    Yeah a lot of good suggestions for level 70+ training... which I agree with. My original post said that the game really opens up at later levels. Still not really a suggestion for the 50-70 range that compares to GS2. Which is about 1.2MM EPH

19. BananaPie

BananaPie Selkie Jr.

Dec 22, 2019
    Male
    When I said 4 months ago I meant after aggro nerf.

To spell it out for you. I got 3.2m epm 5 on mannes after aggro nerf and before the recent buff to spawns last patch.

20. OP
    OP
    RT

RT Slime

Nov 23, 2019
    Wow really? Maybe I need to give mannies a shot then. Didn't realize they were still so good. If a lvl 60 can really get 700Kish eph without a leech then that's a genuine alternative to GS2 imo