1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

No-Washing Maple Journal

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Midnight, Nov 15, 2020.

1. Midnight

Midnight Skelegon

Jan 2, 2015
    2:03 PM
    Midnight/TheMorrigan
    Dragon Knight, Assassin
    WeenieHutJrs
    A guild mate inspired me in a way, thanks for that.

- We're kinda going with the all-original Squire rules on this one, boys. Start with NOTHING. Except for 27k NX for storage expansion. Edit-FM shop to start. Part of the hoarding treatmentplan.
    - Also to help my hoarding disorder, I will not have 5 characters that just hold... OnionShout stuff. 1 at most. That is a rule.

- No Dexlessism. Low-Dex is ok. If one day we don't need any base dex to equip end-game gear, then good.

day one.png

Goal- You guessed it, PINK BEAN BABY OnionRay
    - Maintain inventory cleanliness

Attached Files:

• Like x 7
    • Funny x 2
    • Great Work x 2
    • Friendly x 1
    • Creative x 1
  2. iLovKimberly

iLovKimberly Headless Horseman

Feb 23, 2017
    Male
    Malaysia
    2:03 AM
    Tsukishima/ItamiYouji
    Islander, Bishop
    Halcyon
    What class will this brave adventurer be?

3. OP
    OP
    Midnight

Midnight Skelegon

Jan 2, 2015
    Midnight/TheMorrigan
    Dragon Knight, Assassin
    WeenieHutJrs
    Day One

Bandit!

The number of bandits/cbandits that I've made now is 3! One that got started over since I wanted more HP, one that has way too much base int, and now this. About that-

Disclaimers
    - I did dump all of my nx on storage upgrades but I had 3000 nX leftover so I spent that on fart spray ofc. Also, just ignore the dead dog.
    - I also found an FM store on this account and decided to keep it. I feel like that should be included in the hoarding disorder treatment plan.
    - There is absolutely nothing else in the Cash Shop, and this is the only character on the account. These are the only "starter pack" things to be included, and no funding from other characters.

After making my way through the freaks in Maple Island, I was so excited to start nailing quests that I just spammed dex all the way to 35! What and idiot. With that already a thing, I decided to avoid another mainstream habit- Dexlessism. It might be better for someone without funding, who knows?

After job advancing, I chose to keep the dagger an be a bandit. Not a sindit, a bandit that uses knives as a baby too.
    We only got 9 Victoria Island quests done before I realized that taxis are gonna kill me, so I sold fame to a gentleman for 150k.
    And won a Bow Atk 60% scroll from my first gach ticket! I know it won't sell for more than fame price, but it's a good chunk for level 18.
    After NLC quiz, level 18! Not bad for day one.

Made the first step on road to recovery from hoarding. Observe.

success.png

Overpriced because I'm not exactly scrambling for room in the granny stand. Not yet. :nailbiting:

andgo.png

Next steps-
    -QUESTS.
    -Try to keep up the monster card sets after each monster becomes questless. For example, I'll probably get all the snail cards right after the Mano questline because after that quest, snails won't be used for any future quests
    -Max out Mano cards
    -Try to avoid using taxis
    -Create a washless guild

I might post the daily doggo like I did with my high-int bandit journal (which is still going btw)

Any other common efficiency trends you guys think should be avoided?

• Like Like x 5
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  4. Skuire

Skuire Nightshadow

Aug 16, 2017
    12:03 PM
    Skucci
    Shadower
    [​IMG]
    so this is the power of non washing SlimeShocked

• Agree Agree x 4
  5. OP
    OP
    Midnight

Midnight Skelegon

Jan 2, 2015
    Midnight/TheMorrigan
    Dragon Knight, Assassin
    WeenieHutJrs
    Day Two

I bought some level 15 armor. Just as soon as I typed this, a level 20 thief bottom dropped from a green mushroom :>
    After Green Mushrooms, I went to Pig Beach. The pigs gave me TWO level 15 bottoms and one level 15 top! Seriously?
    ...seriously?
    Killed 5 Mano, no cards yet.

I'm seriously considering going auto-potless. Will decide at level 30. No autopot until then.
    And I'm definitely doing 800X600 resolution as of today while the quest is still young.

Shoutout to ETAN for the Blue Bamboo Hat! A little str doesn't hurt damage stability!

I'm already throwing things in to storage, but will soon be faced with a wall of capacity. The first intervention is coming soon.

-Attended a lesson on HP washing. It was... interesting. Jesus tried to trade me.

Overpriced 60% bow scroll is still for sale :D FM 1-19

daytwoo.png

Next steps-
    -QUESTS.
    -Try to keep up the monster card sets after each monster becomes questless.
    -Max out Mano cards
    -Try to avoid using taxis (it's kinda working)
    -Create a washless guild
    -Hurry up a little.
    -Sell more, store less

Any other common efficiency trends you guys think should be avoided?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    7:03 PM
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    Wait... what? A Washing lecture? What the fuck has happened to ML?

We doing online gaming lectures nowadays? [​IMG]

7. HouseAuburn

HouseAuburn Capt. Latanica

Aug 11, 2020
    Male
    Henesys
    You should hunt for your equips! That's very not mainstream, at least I think, especially if you're not going DEXless. I don't know anyone else who does it other than myself. And...since no washing, you could actually avoid Zakum helm and wear the normal level hats for basically as long as you want.

Right now, I'm hunting Desert Giants for the Brown Sonata on my sin, and you're welcome to join the hunt once you get up in that range! I wish you good luck in the meantime.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. OP
    OP
    Midnight

Midnight Skelegon

Jan 2, 2015
    Midnight/TheMorrigan
    Dragon Knight, Assassin
    WeenieHutJrs
    I totally will when I'm done with the lower levels. I usually try to avoid buying equips from shops but levels 1-18 gave me nothing at all from monsters. Will definitely hit you up in game soon. Thanks Celestalia!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Flyinpanda

Flyinpanda Brown Teddy

Mar 17, 2020
    Male
    Ask me in game
    11:03 AM
    Flyinpandas | Lazypanda
    Shadower
    Konoha
    Ooh, if you're accepting items through drops only I found some thief gear for you if you're interested:
    Deadly fin- 72 Atk
    Korean Fan- 55 Atk
    Green pirate top- 6 dex
    Green pirate bottom - 3 dex
    Blood Moss Boots- 2 str 2 luk
    Brown studded top- 3 dex 2 luk
    Marine Shadow- 3 luk (level 40)
    Red Pilfer- 2 luk
    if you're interested lmk so i don't npc them :D

10. iLovKimberly

iLovKimberly Headless Horseman

Feb 23, 2017
    Male
    Malaysia
    2:03 AM
    Tsukishima/ItamiYouji
    Islander, Bishop
    Halcyon
    Btw what is that 7 cash item?

11. OP
    OP
    Midnight

Midnight Skelegon

Jan 2, 2015
    Midnight/TheMorrigan
    Dragon Knight, Assassin
    WeenieHutJrs
    Absolutely! I'm in game rn. Thank you very much in advance

12. OP
    OP
    Midnight

Midnight Skelegon

Jan 2, 2015
    Midnight/TheMorrigan
    Dragon Knight, Assassin
    WeenieHutJrs
    Fart spray, had to buy something useless to drain my NX After storage increase

13. OP
    OP
    Midnight

Midnight Skelegon

Jan 2, 2015
    Midnight/TheMorrigan
    Dragon Knight, Assassin
    WeenieHutJrs
    Day Three

- Look, 800X600 is simply marvelous. I don't know if my computer sucks, but there's less lag with the keyboard inputs and you can see better for those close jumps. It makes jump quests WAY easier (Did Shumi's Coin and John's Basket btw)
    - Spent vote NX on more inventory expansion of course.
    - Killed 2 more Mano, no cards.
    - Did a lot of Vic island quests, but they're getting hard so we're taking a vacation to Floating Market and Coke Town. Only strong enough for the Coke Snail quest, which really sucks.
    - Needed to do Manji's desert quest so i screwed around in Ariant and found that I'm just weak everywhere
    - Sold the YWG

wristguard.png
    Ayyyyyyyy
    - THANK YOU FlyinpandaFlyinpanda for your donation. Is motivating.
    - Giving in to autopot.

Day3.png

• Like Like x 3
  14. OP
    OP
    Midnight

Midnight Skelegon

Jan 2, 2015
    Midnight/TheMorrigan
    Dragon Knight, Assassin
    WeenieHutJrs
    DAY FOUR

- Slow day, and late post... hopefully Day 5 (now) will feature more progress after I finish writing this.
    - Changed my mind about autopot- still no autopot. But I am going with autoloot for sure. Reason is that being autolootless actually slows me down. Autopot doesn't. I brought the old the old Husky back from the dead, but don't have enough NX for Wing boots or Binoculars.
    - Wasted money on level 30 equips and bought a 6 atk glove from FM for 650k. Now we're doing a little damage.
    - Struggling with storage even though I've spent almost all of 39k NX on it. Trying to quest in one area at a time to avoid using up too much Etc. space. It's really hard to throw away things that I'll need for quests later.
    Can anyone recommend which ores I should just NPC? After 4 level 70+ characters so far, I still don't know.
    - 60 is the new Dex cap until/unless I need more
    - Mostly just tore up Ariant quests and finished a couple Vic quests to keep the quest manager clean.

Next- finish Ariant, do more Vic island quests now that I'm stronk, start farming my own gear

DAY FOUR.png

IRL
    Making some quality of life improvements.

-
    Added a candle in my bathroom, maybe bath instead of shower soon.
    - Established a proper reading corner in my bedroom. With a lamp.
    - FK no-nut november.
    - Reading Where the Forest Meets the Stars
    - Cleaned out the scary parts of my house and found 8 lighters from when I used to smoke cigarettes.

• Like Like x 4
  15. OP
    OP
    Midnight

Midnight Skelegon

Jan 2, 2015
    Midnight/TheMorrigan
    Dragon Knight, Assassin
    WeenieHutJrs
    DAY SIX

- Explored the Sleepywood tunnels and killed boars for quests
    - Equipped the Kfan, still capping dex at 60.
    - No autopot.
    - Obtained Zombie Ring
    - Struggling with hoarding pretty bad right now.

DAY SIX.png

IRL
    -Business was crazy in the last 48 hours, but the weekend is here :>

• Like Like x 2
  16. OP
    OP
    Midnight

Midnight Skelegon

Jan 2, 2015
    Midnight/TheMorrigan
    Dragon Knight, Assassin
    WeenieHutJrs
    DAY SEVEN

- Sry for the shitpost for Day 6-7, I was tired.
    - I did the Stumpy quest and shared the kill with Zoos so he could finish the quest too. We traded fame, he seems like a cool dude.
    - My FM shop isn't selling shit. Prices too high?
    - Vic Island quests are getting stupid. Am looking for a good place to just grind. Master Chronos ASAP.
    - Doing some traveling quests with the rat traps, horns, 3 books and letters right now.
    - Checked out Blu's Shad guide. Again.
    - Did the Deo quest, waited about an hour for it to spawn. 3/5 Royal Cactus cards.
    - BTW here is the ring so far, I'm not mad about it. Seems kinda OP compared to my luck so far.
    zombiering.png

Any suggestions about this current situation? Need more attack...
    DAY SEVEN.png

Rocky DOES love you. In case anyone is familiar with him, he's almost 8 now and still very much a puppy.
    ROCKY1.png

• Like Like x 2
  17. OP
    OP
    Midnight

Midnight Skelegon

Jan 2, 2015
    Midnight/TheMorrigan
    Dragon Knight, Assassin
    WeenieHutJrs
    DAY EIGHT

What do you see first, red or blue?

binocularrivalry.png

- Did the Ninja Castle quest for Shoe Jump 30%, sold it for 3.8m. Oops.
    - Finished a few traveling quests
    - NO IDEA of what to do with my NX but I will be a gentleman.
    - Bought 11 pig heads from FM. Pig's Heads suck. After almost 6 years of playing here, I still think the drop rate should be increased.
    - Finally collected 20 leathers and 50 stiff feathers to knock that annoying Nella quest out.
    - This can stay.
    zombiering2.png

DAYEIGHT.png

IRL

- Where the Forest Meets the Stars is worth reading.
    - Spent a lot of time today trying to tire out Rocky, it didn't work. He's still a puppy. <3
    - Tail of the Dragon.

Rocky loves YOU.

ROCKY2.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  18. OP
    OP
    Midnight

Midnight Skelegon

Jan 2, 2015
    Midnight/TheMorrigan
    Dragon Knight, Assassin
    WeenieHutJrs
    HELLO AGAIN
    I broke a rule... somebody gave me a freakin gaming laptop for Christmas so we're gonna see if it's less laggy at 1366x768.

Has it not been an insane 3 months? Gah

IRL-
    -I did finish the process of getting back in to school again, hopefully I'll actually enroll in some more classes this time.
    - More quality of life improvements. Bedroom/office plants and looksy things, more tea instead of coffee. More water, inspired by a Youtuber to use drops of lime juice. Rocky's making quality of life improvements too. He got a car seatbelt, and healthier treats
    - Bought a fishing pole. Rocky deserves more walks in the park and that'll be encouragement.
    - Got my little boat up and running
    - Currently dealing with the most expensive automotive repair of my life

MAPLE-
    - I wasn't sure if this is IRL or MAPLE but I tried some other major MMO's. My old laptop REALLY sucked. Lord of the Rings online, Edler Scrolls Online, EVE online, and a couple others. They were just too damn complicated, how do you get past that?
    - Really just did more quests. It's time to grind for some scrolls and equips though. First stop is cape dex, shoe scrolls, and earring dex. Have to save up for zhelm, can't buy them.
    - I uh... made a storage mule. BUT AT LEAST we're making good use of FM Grandma, so no need for an intervention

asdf.png

• Great Work Great Work x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  19. OP
    OP
    Midnight

Midnight Skelegon

Jan 2, 2015
    Midnight/TheMorrigan
    Dragon Knight, Assassin
    WeenieHutJrs
    BORING
    MAPLE-
    - Grinding at HHG1 for cards. Red Snail is being bad. Think I'll just skip and eventually get it while traveling.
    - Spent all my NX on silly things, forgetting that things will expire soon rip
    - 15 min of grind, 15 min of chores and repeat. That's the beat today.
    - This sucks, I hate grinding low level stuff.
    - Insert more whining here
    - Probably something more interesting tomorrow... Not even taking a screenshot.

IRL-
    - Headlights have become cheap! $56 for the pair, with bulbs
    - Hit my head pretty hard at work last night, had to see the nurse this time
    - Meanwhile, right down the street 6 people died in a chicken plant from a liquid nitrogen leak. So I'ma just count my blessings and wear a helmet
    - Wolf Moon was beautiful, no?

20. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    7:03 PM
    So many I keep forgetting
    This post was such a rollercoaster

• Like Like x 1