1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Quest History on the website

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by robert8, Nov 19, 2020.

1. robert8

robert8 Mushmom

Oct 17, 2018
    Male
    UK
    7:45 PM
    Robert8
    I/L Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    We have level history, death history, fame history etc but would it be possible to add quest history? Show the available, in progress and completed? with totals?

Would be a great tool also for 'when' sorry I mean IF we get a QUEST RING :)

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. PrettyLights

PrettyLights Timer

Oct 11, 2017
    11:45 AM
    Dont we have an in game quest history? :)

3. OP
    OP
    robert8

robert8 Mushmom

Oct 17, 2018
    Male
    UK
    7:45 PM
    Robert8
    I/L Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Yes but I would like to see my quests without logging in to the game (in work!)

4. Pepper

Pepper Wolfspider

Sep 3, 2020
    Female
    2:45 PM
    Peppermint
    Bowmaster
    I feel like that would require a lot of data space for something that can be seen in game. I know if you use the bot in discord it will tell you how many you completed. But there are quite a lot of quests to list everyone what they have and have not completed seems excessive. It's not like you can do the quest if you can't log in because you're at work. You can also look up quests on hiddenstreet and other wikis.

5. geospiza

geospiza Web Developer Staff Member Web Developer

Apr 16, 2020
    11:45 AM
    geospiza
    Dark Knight
    Funk
    If you can see it in game, there's a good chance that it's stored on the server. I imagine quest history is kept around as a number with a library entry and a timestamp to figure out when you can repeat a quest.

There's an argument to be made that in-game should be the primary source for quest progress, though. It'd take away from the old-school experience (imo) if you weren't using the quest pop-up for all of your quest related needs. There is a quest ranking (https://maplelegends.com/ranking/quest), which is probably more than enough for keeping track of a quest ring outside the game.