1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Himes Mapowner level requirement

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Pepper, Nov 9, 2020.

1. Pepper

Pepper Wolfspider

Sep 3, 2020
    Female
    8:42 AM
    Peppermint
    Bowmaster
    The level requirement being 105 and higher is 100% unreasonable for Himes. This is a main grinding map for players level 70 through 100 plus. There is no reason that the level requirement to have map ownership should be higher than the main mob spawns.

I am a chief bandit and I have been grinding at Himes since level 70. Due to the event, level 120+ users have been using the map to farm event drops. I waited 30 to 45 minutes to find an open Himes map to grind and started leveling, only for a very high level person to come in and start killing my mobs while I was actively grinding there. Now I am automatically in the wrong because I don't have map ownership on a map that is meant for my level range.

A boss spawning in a map is not a valid reason to increase map ownership above the main mob level. Especially when that boss has a 23 hour spawn time. The purpose of the map does not revolve around that boss. Personally, bosses should be exempt from map ownership since they are a special spawn and not the normal spawn of the map.

I am requesting that Himes map ownership level be lowered to meet the requirements of the main mob spawn as it is used as a main leveling place and is not just a boss map.

• Agree Agree x 33
  2. Slime

Slime Pixel Artist Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2015
    Male
    Israel
    3:42 PM
    Slime / OmokTeacher
    Beginner
    Flow
    All true, this is probably unintentional. Can we get a confirmation that this will be fixed next restart or something?

3. bigbutts

bigbutts Brown Teddy

May 31, 2017
    bigbutts
    WR should be like 60-65 instead of 70

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Huiae

Huiae Headless Horseman

Aug 1, 2015
    Female
    Seoul, Korea
    9:42 PM
    Verdict
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    Im feeling sorry that you lost your map even though you were obviously active in there.

I do agree mapowner system can prevent lots of wasting time for stupid argument, but, for this time, it is wrong.

Low level shouldn't be restriction, especially, on system. Cant agree more on OPs opinion.

5. RegalStar

RegalStar Nightshadow

Sep 23, 2019
    Male
    DMsRebirth
    Grind at a better map; do Forest of Towers instead.

On the topic of himes though, bosses should not count towards mapowner threshold until they actually spawn. I felt that was the case before; no idea why that got changed.

6. iPippy

iPippy Nightshadow

May 19, 2019
    Male
    iPippy
    I believe this was put in place due to sweaty anego campers that would otherwise only need a level 67 mule to hold a hotly contested exp boss map. Not taking a stance; just pointing out that this approaches a "unique map ruling" scenario, a potentially slippery slope.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. OP
    OP
    Pepper

Pepper Wolfspider

Sep 3, 2020
    Female
    Peppermint
    Bowmaster
    Here is the problem - Forest of Towers is level requirement 120 to have map owner. If I can't hold map owner for Himes at 105, I definitely can't hold map owner for Forest of Towers. It is also more used for grinding by F/P mages. Although the map owner requirement for that map is reasonable since the level of the monsters are higher than that. But for Himes, it is higher than the monsters.

8. RegalStar

RegalStar Nightshadow

Sep 23, 2019
    Male
    DMsRebirth
    If you can kill the highest level monster on the map, you getmapowner regardless of your own level. Himes have this problem since tengu is on 23 hour timer, but Forest of Tower doesn't.

9. OP
    OP
    Pepper

Pepper Wolfspider

Sep 3, 2020
    Female
    Peppermint
    Bowmaster
    Well I just reached a level where I can start doing Forest of Towers but that also doesn't make it fair to other people who are not able to do Forest of Towers and I would still like to request that Himes is edited for the benefit of everyone who wishes to grind there. It isn't fair to get jipped a map for a 23 hour spawn timer boss.

10. carebu

carebu Brown Teddy

Jul 15, 2020
    Male
    carebu
    Dark Knight
    Elluelians
    A good suggestion if a little niche being brought out by the event. I wonder how hard it is to write exceptions?

11. OP
    OP
    Pepper

Pepper Wolfspider

Sep 3, 2020
    Female
    Peppermint
    Bowmaster
    I feel like you should be able to just edit the level of the map requirement but I don't know as I can't see the code for it.

12. meoww

meoww Blue Snail

Oct 29, 2020
    Had the exact same issue last night. Leveling in hime map with a friend for a couple hours, trying to maintain the map and only repotting/mystic dooring one at a time. im high 90's and hes in the mid 90's. A high level hero comes in after we had no issues for hours. Kills a mob them spams f6 saying its his map. If i can kill a mob or my friend can, we should have ownership.

The higher the map levels get the more toxic the community seems to get. Had the same issue in wolf spiders where the guy even said ill sell you leech after getting map ownership since we were low lvl. (My friend and i are going hero/bishop so have no problem grinding higher maps) As a new player this is really shitty feeling. especially when the gm basically says shit outta luck.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Tate

Tate Capt. Latanica

Apr 16, 2020
    New Zealand
    12:42 AM
    Potayto
    Shadower
    Beaters
    While i understand that is this a very niche issue, my perspective is that griefing or harassment of any kind is not tolerable on this server. In these instances i would say that the best thing you or anyone can do is as per the ToS, you can use a screenshot with @ time command being used.

From Section 3.4 in the ToS:

"For griefing claims related to mapowner, they will be settled by using the @mapowner command, which displays who owns the map. For cases of area bosses that do not have killable mobs (eg. JrBalrog), first one who entered the map will have pseudo-mapowner and has the right to ask other players to CC. This is proven by a screenshot with the @ time command used."

Or you can also record your screen for evidence that you've been grinding there for a while with @ time put on a macro, so if/when a griefer does come around at least you'll have video proof irrespective of the fact that @mapowner decides everything. Personally i prefer video because although a picture says a thousand words, video @ 60fps says 60,000 words per second.

On Windows 10, you can easily record your screen by pressing Win + Alt + R. (or pressing Win + G, then pressing Screen Capture)

In the past, with similar situations regarding bossing (HT) channels being sniped, pseudo-mapowner has always been the defining guide for these claims.

Have a read of PrecelPrecel 's post here for a better understanding of Mapowner: https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/mapowner-guide.31939/

It's frustrating when these things happen, but we can only control what we can control, so at the very least knowing your rights will hopefully give you or anyone going through such a degrading experience some peace of mind.

EDIT: I know that pseudo-mapowner only applies to maps without killable mobs, I'm just pointing out that any evidence is better than no evidence. Correct me if im wrong, and i'm sorry if i am.

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. OP
    OP
    Pepper

Pepper Wolfspider

Sep 3, 2020
    Female
    Peppermint
    Bowmaster
    I understand very well how map ownership rules work. However not everyone has windows 10, or a computer able to record every grinding session in the event someone does this. Mapowner would have sided with the incorrect party which is at no fault of mine. I have also been told it is only supposed to reflect 105 and higher when the boss is active on the map but it does this at all times. I will still strongly suggest that this be fixed for new players as this is a grinding map and new players, or any player, shouldn't have to record their screens to level up in a map meant for their level range.

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. Tate

Tate Capt. Latanica

Apr 16, 2020
    New Zealand
    12:42 AM
    Potayto
    Shadower
    Beaters
    PepperPepper I'm sorry if I came off as a bad guy or to echo the sentiment of being S.O.L. I was merely stating that given these circumstances suggestions can, and sometimes will go a long way but sadly it isn't the nature of life to have equity = equality. So in these cases we just need to try our best with what we've been provided. Lemons into lemonade as it were.

But i do definitely agree that something needs to change, especially as the players who started over covid slowly matures and starts filling up portions of the senior playerbase, its important that these players know, or atleast try to be friendly enough to not grief other low-leveled players out of maps meant for their specific level range.

I don't know much about v62 development so I wasn't even aware that the 105 and higher should only comes into play when Tengu spawns. If it is indeed a glitch in the system the next best thing to do would be to post a bug report in support.

16. OP
    OP
    Pepper

Pepper Wolfspider

Sep 3, 2020
    Female
    Peppermint
    Bowmaster
    I didn't think you were being rude or anything. But at this point, staff is aware of it and let me know they are discussing it so I am just waiting on an update from them.

17. meoww

meoww Blue Snail

Oct 29, 2020
    Was talking to my friend after the incident that we would probably have to record our grinding sessions in himes and even higher zones to even argue against the "map owner" due to potential level restrictions but is it even worth playing at that point. I'm just trying to enjoy the game and have fun.

And yes some blame is on us for not knowing about the mapowners command in detail or minimum levels but to be forced to leave the map and lose a map just cause the higher level person couldn't be bothered to look for open maps/channels is shitty.

The info/tips would help normally but the issue is that a map(himes) requires a higher level than the actual mobs farmed there so people there to level will most likely be unable to have ownership of that map (himes) So anyone above the required level can come in and claim the map even tho its being farmed/actively used by levelers. Its probably more of an issue now cause of the whole pumpkin pieces to spin event making the map a lot more in demand. But in the end you're right, some evidence is better then none.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Alden

Alden Slime

May 13, 2020
    Male
    8:42 PM
    They probably increased it on such maps due to the boss spawn. For certain group of people that hog 8 channels with mules just to slay crows.

19. OP
    OP
    Pepper

Pepper Wolfspider

Sep 3, 2020
    Female
    Peppermint
    Bowmaster
    Yes it is based on the boss spawn but because it is a main grinding map and the boss is a 23 hr timer, it seems unfair to make the level req higher than the grinding mobs. But at this point I am just waiting response from staff.

20. nics

nics Mushmom

Nov 3, 2020
    8:42 PM
    Any update on this?
    -soon to be chief bandit