1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

[Formal Proposal] Quester's Ring

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Skuire, Apr 30, 2020.

Do you support this proposal?

1. Yes

498 vote(s)
    82.9%
  2. Yes, but needs changes (specify in thread)

84 vote(s)
    14.0%
  3. No

19 vote(s)
    3.2%
  1. Pepper

Pepper Wolfspider

Sep 3, 2020
    Female
    3:45 AM
    Peppermint
    Bowmaster
    This would be an optional alternative to have more HP without washing. It also will add item value to the market (selling quest items) which can also help low levels make money. It isn't required for someone who is already high level to go back and do quests to get this ring. I have to disagree that it would be unfair advantage since high level can usually kill mobs easier than someone who is completing at the quest level, and someone who did the quests already put in the time to do them vs someone who chose not to. I personally don't see a negative, and I like investing into the lore of the game that most people skip.

To clarify: it is not unfair advantage that some users decide to level with quests instead of grind or leech. They took the time to do the quest. If you also do the quest you would be doing the time as well. You just werent incentivised to do it before.

• Agree Agree x 5
  2. GangstaGuy

GangstaGuy Snail

Nov 20, 2020
    2:45 AM
    Star67
    Beginner
  3. nics

nics Mushmom

Nov 3, 2020
    3:45 PM
    It's not that people don't care / choose not to do quests, they already did it on their first account probably a mage and then start heavy washing their attacker. There's 0 incentive to control 2 characters everywhere just to get lower exp from quest than leeching and also how tedious it is to move 2 characters around for quest. Plus there's no fun anymore because we already know the lore/story of the questline.

• Disagree Disagree x 9
  4. xadra

xadra Capt. Latanica

Jun 6, 2017
    Male
    Adra
    Paladin
    Divide
    This argument similarly holds no water for me at all because its even harder/more tedious to grind monster book ring on 2 or more characters and yet people have done it

• Agree Agree x 6
  5. nics

nics Mushmom

Nov 3, 2020
    People have already done the quest on their first character, you want them to backtrack and do them again with their attacker just to get the ring? Seems to me people that main their starting character just want some instant hp ring when this is released.

I would suggest if this is even released, make the ring one time tradeable to your own account. I am sure they have a profile of which accounts belong to an individual.

EDIT: I was talking about training up a new high int character, typically people leech monster instead of quest leech because it is less tedious and yield more exp. IDK why xadra suddenly compare it to hunting monster book? One is early game and one is typically late game

• Disagree Disagree x 7
  6. xadra

xadra Capt. Latanica

Jun 6, 2017
    Male
    Adra
    Paladin
    Divide
    You haven't responded to my point at all. This is already the case for monster book ring. How come for quest ring suddenly it's "no fun" to grind for, and we need to install a special allowance for transferring the ring?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. nics

nics Mushmom

Nov 3, 2020
    Quests should be kept "sacred". You should only do the quests because you're interested in it(and some exp) not because you're trying to grind out for a ring. What's the point if people just skip every dialogue just to quickly get the ring?

EDIT: i know i sound like i'm against quester ring, i am not. This argument started because of the disadvantage for people that did not do quests (whether they chose to or have no choice) This argument did not start because one party does not want there to be more incentives to do quest in the game/ more tank gear.

• Disagree Disagree x 7
  8. Pepper

Pepper Wolfspider

Sep 3, 2020
    Female
    Peppermint
    Bowmaster
    But most users don't do majority of the quests in game at all, so I am not sure how that is keeping them "sacred". Some users don't like doing quests. Some do. It doesn't matter if it is your alt or main, it is still amount of time invested. You still have to take the time to grind the monster cards for each character, the same would apply to each quest. It is an optional method to add HP to the game in a meaningful way that requires sacrifice from the player. It would encourage people to do quests, which also often times grants great rewards (mesos, exp, scrolls, etc.).

I am sorry if you don't want to do quests. Then don't??? You aren't forced to. You can go the lazy route and just vote and wash that HP instead anyway. It isn't something being forced upon you.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. nics

nics Mushmom

Nov 3, 2020
    Everyone does quest on their first character if not how are they going to afford potion to grind? I have already done all the quests on my priest up to ghost ship level and carefully read into the story. You want me to go back with my attacker, through all the quest, mindlessly skipping all dialogue just to get a ring? I am not against more hp eq option, but the current proposal of quest ring won't do it.
    You're basically asking ML to be this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1ZKcZbi1rg

Edit: Again, sorry that is not what i'm trying to stand for. I'm all for quester ring, the attacker i'm referring to is extremely high int. Should i start doing quest leech or normal leech then? What if after i'm done leeching they release this new mechanics, are people like me screwed to have to go back and do the quests which we could have done?

• Disagree Disagree x 5
  10. Pepper

Pepper Wolfspider

Sep 3, 2020
    Female
    Peppermint
    Bowmaster
    Funny video, but that is literally monster ring.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. nics

nics Mushmom

Nov 3, 2020
    Yes and you want another 1 of it? I am just saying the current proposal of quest ring won't do it.
    At least monster card people can mindlessly farm while watching show on the side. With quests you have to constantly look up guide for the fastest way, pre collect etc to do the quest.
    I am not against quest ring, just the current proposal of it. There should be incentive for people to do the quests THEY HAVE NOT EXPLORED. Maybe a way to merge the quest log of all accounts belonging to an individual.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  12. xadra

xadra Capt. Latanica

Jun 6, 2017
    Male
    Adra
    Paladin
    Divide
    I think if you find the idea of redoing quests so abhorrent for some reason, and the extra HP isn't a sufficient incentive for you, you can feel free not to do the quest ring. Just like how there are quite a few 4th job characters walking around without a Tier-10 Monster Book ring. Entirely optional.

To be fair to you its a valid opinion that you want quests to be sacred -- the staff reading this thread will have noted this and will likely come up when they are discussing the quest ring. As to whether it matters to them, will depend on them. So let's see :)

By the way idk about you but this is precisely the reason why Quest Ring is so much better than Monster Book Ring to me as a concept. Quests are way more interesting and involved, anything to make this grindy game less-grindy is a win in my books.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  13. nics

nics Mushmom

Nov 3, 2020
    Thank you, i've already stated my point. We'll just see what the gm thinks

14. Voxtagrams

Voxtagrams Headless Horseman

Jun 13, 2020
    12:45 AM
    "There's 0 incentive to control 2 characters everywhere"

in·cen·tive
    /inˈsen(t)iv/
    noun
    1. a thing that motivates or encourages one to do something.
    Uhh.. but there is.. I play on 4 characters a Bishop, a Hermit, a Spearman(HB), and another Assassin(MU)..

One encourages me to leech myself (Save mesos, gain my own.), My Attacker (To enjoy the game later, even more so), Spearman give myself more HP and MP every buff so that I can spam Genesis, Assassin (another hermit with MU maxed) more mesos when I do sell leech and to loot the mesos on my attacker (they pay for leech, not pay meso for EXP and meso while leeching.)

My Attacker is double washing, so I don't want to buy leech for it when I can just do it myself.

Screenshot_1.png

The part for the quests, you can just go over and do them.. most quests don't just 'disappear' and not let you do them ever again.

You didn't really waste any time, theres still plenty of quests that are doable for level 32, if you want someone to help you with kill quests to rack up quests I'll be more than glad to help you on my Bishop, just start a conversation with me (a forum DM).

• Like Like x 1
  15. Voxtagrams

Jun 13, 2020
    Some people also have multiple level 200s, and thats still surprising to me.. they also have T10 rings..

16. nics

nics Mushmom

Nov 3, 2020
    I did not update my character info on forum

I'm a priest with just maxed hs, nearly 400quests

I am currently leeching my attacker with my priest and is currently lvl4x(170 int). I am not going to repeat the quests(also leeching) that i've done just for lower exp than normal leeching. Leeching itself is already grindy and thankfully i'm still able to watch show on the side. Not for quest, many things you need to look for guide online if you do not want to waste time figuring things yourself.

Please no more tedious and time consuming stuff for more hp eq. I believe majority of old school maplers are grown adults now. We do not have the time.

Players can already show off their quest count in discord, I dont see the point of adding quester ring if the stats are truly optional which can be replaced by other rings anyway. It is not that you like doing quests more than some others. They have no choice, washing/ trying to catch up to the level for halloween event.

Attached Files:

17. xadra

xadra Capt. Latanica

Jun 6, 2017
    Male
    Adra
    Paladin
    Divide
    I cannot get behind this at all, sorry. If you do not have the time to do it then don't. Your character will not be deleted from the game if you don't do it. You can still horntail or pink bean by washing a bit more if you don't want the ring. There are so many others on the server who enjoy doing quests (even with 99.9999999% of them skipping through every dialogue box) and support having this ring, as you can see from the overwhelming support in this thread and the buzz it has generated. Stop feeling FOMO about things you can't do, and don't hold back others who have fun doing it just because you don't like to do it.

I'm not gonna respond on this topic anymore but I hope you can see how selfish it is.

• Agree Agree x 6
  18. nics

nics Mushmom

Nov 3, 2020
  19. Voxtagrams

Jun 13, 2020
    Oh.. then that explains a lot LOL, but the questing still applies though

20. yurain

yurain Windraider

Dec 30, 2019
    YUrain
    I/L Wizard
    Another one that plays this game the LeechStory way.
    All the more this ring should exist, so they will actually do something else than just leech lol

• Agree Agree x 3