1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

[Formal Proposal] Quester's Ring

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Skuire, Apr 30, 2020.

Do you support this proposal?

1. Yes

498 vote(s)
    82.9%
  2. Yes, but needs changes (specify in thread)

84 vote(s)
    14.0%
  3. No

19 vote(s)
    3.2%
  1. nics

nics Mushmom

Nov 3, 2020
    1:43 AM
    if you're washing, you're still leeching the quest items/ kills lol.

2. nics

nics Mushmom

Nov 3, 2020
    Everyone has to start from 0, quests have to be redone if you want it to count towards this. All quest done before this update will not be counted and available for redo. To ensure fair playing field

Or maybe people that quested have to redo half..

• Disagree Disagree x 13
  3. robert8

robert8 Mushmom

Oct 17, 2018
    Male
    UK
    6:43 PM
    Robert8
    I/L Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Its not a race.

• Agree Agree x 8
  4. nics

nics Mushmom

Nov 3, 2020
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  5. Pepper

Pepper Wolfspider

Sep 3, 2020
    Female
    1:43 PM
    Peppermint
    Bowmaster
    She literally says "Still deserved, but it feels different". It is not a race on who gets it first. The point is it would be beneficial to people. I am not going to argue with you about it anymore, I personally see it as a good thing for the server, along with 318 other people. You are entitled to dislike it if you want, I just am unable to share your point of view, sorry.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. nics

nics Mushmom

Nov 3, 2020
    I know it is good thing for the server and beneficial to people, i agree. But all i am saying is this is disadvantageous to people that decided to leech/grind instead of quest. Quest is good for some classes and not for some others and washed character have no choice but to leech. Everyone should start on an even playing field.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
  7. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    7:43 PM
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Don't speak in absolutes when it's not true please thank you. I had nr 2 quest rank when that released with a base 75 luck rest into int thief without help/leech.

Just because you can't doesn't mean it's impossible.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. nics

nics Mushmom

Nov 3, 2020
    yeah, superior being. *Bows*

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    7:43 PM
    KurayamiLove/Nagrom/Amatista
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
  10. cruddas

cruddas Mano

Apr 27, 2015
    Male
    gravator
    Fighter
    I completly disagree with your point of view, they made a decision to leech up (possible not their first) a class for many possible reasons, and it does indeed take time to prepare good items to use in those high levels, you think some players would think twice about having to suddenly do quests for a new ring?

Depending on if it gives low stats, but a great HP bonus then they would jump for the chance of getting it no matter how many quests they would have to go through to get it, and who are you exactly to determine if quests should be "sacred"? So what if they skip the dialog, those that do it aren't playing for you or your beliefs.

11. nics

nics Mushmom

Nov 3, 2020
    I think you only read half way, i'm all for quester ring and will get it if i have to redo all the quest
    A few people already said it's unfair if they did not do quests but chose the grind/leech route. Why should some ppl instantly(or with little addon effort) get the ring and some not?
    What's your counter-argument to that?

Also to prevent ppl from speedrunning through the quests i recommend releasing ring tiers seasonaly ex: once per week

I got defensive talked kinda rudely in the first few post because i already saw an ongoing argument about this and the "questers" seems to have an inflated ego because they did quest blablabla. They need to understand not everyone do quests on their main/ group of friends play tgt spam pqs & grind / heavy washing and many more reasons. They sonehow feel superior because they "spent time" to inventigate into the lore of the game, bruh. Calling grind/leech the "lazy" route too.
    Funnily enough, when checked stats, on my starting character, i have more quests done than said person while being lower lvl

I wont be responding to this thread anymore, have work to do. Bye

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. nics

nics Mushmom

Nov 3, 2020
    How about statless ring for quest count pre update(statless, everything else same)? Quests done few (1 or 2?) months before update still count towards the stated ring so to not screw up new players.

Your probable justification as to why some people should instantly get the ring is because they took the time to quest. What about people that took the time to train a mage to leech themselves? What about people that had friends to leech them?
    Or you might think questers deserve it because they care more about the game than others. What does questers even mean? What about those that did not quest on their 2nd acc and want the ring, should they be "punished"? You quest because you are bored of grinding, what about those that had hs? Had friends to grind together?

Since such ring is only meant to be optional in the proposal, I suggest statless version for quest done pre update but you still can upgrade the tier number but not the stat by doing new quests, maybe even make it a cash item to equip ontop of other ring.

If you want stated you have to redo just like everyone else, except for quests few months before update or something like that to not screw people up.

13. cruddas

cruddas Mano

Apr 27, 2015
    Male
    gravator
    Fighter
    Yes, what about them? That's their issue to deal with, they chose to leech or grind, and will still be leeching and grinding, for how long or to what level i am unsure, maybe they can take a break now and then to do quests for such a ring, but i find it totally unreasonable that a vocal minority wants to complain about not wanting to do quests, or whine about others that skipped quests on purpose because now they might have to spend more time dealing with quests now than getting in that valuable leeching/training time.

The quest badge introduced at a later version of maplestory required 800 quests complete to earn it, i'm certain such a number can be reached in maplelegends also, it's just a matter of who wants to put in the time and effort to be a completionist to go that far, and there are also those that want the best chance they can get in bosses, so the chance to get a high HP boost ring would be right up there with well scrolled items for them.

But it's the players that ignored or were unwilling to do quests to only train or leech that should be thought about most in the concept of "fairness".

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. nics

nics Mushmom

Nov 3, 2020
    Since when in the post do people/ I complain about not wanting to do quests? What about those that committed to the meta to train up a mage first and leech their 2nd character for that "valuable leeching/training time"? screw them up to suddenly change the meta? people don't choose to ignore/ were unwilling to do quests on their main account, it was not the meta. Say they are a 200int thief, should they fly around the world doing quests with the help of their mage or leech at the optimal map?. They may still have already done the quests on their first character, Maplelegends is afterall quest orientated with 3x.

Give people their statless ring according to their quest count pre update, if you want stated you have to start redo like others with some exception.

15. nics

nics Mushmom

Nov 3, 2020
    Yeah admirable people, just rating on every post and not being brave enough to comment :) Some people just want instant stat ring huh :D

16. yogurtseller

yogurtseller Mixed Golem

Nov 28, 2017
    10:43 AM
    wholesomeABG
    Shadower
    I thought u had work to do

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. geospiza

geospiza Web Developer Staff Member Web Developer

Apr 16, 2020
    10:43 AM
    geospiza
    Dark Knight
    Funk
    It's interesting to see the history of a quest ring idea, always great to have citations. This post is certainly the most thought out though, with an NPC sprite to boot.

This seems like a misunderstanding. The initial proposal cites defense as the primary stat with a well reasoned argument for why it should be a thing.

It helps with damage, but it seems disingenuous to equate it directly as an HP ring. Or maybe 500def/mdef is effectively reduces the HP thresholds for high level bosses? I don't have a full grasp on the mechanics behind this, but I don't view this directly as an HP ring.

This was addressed in the proposal itself; there's room to design for new content and prevent it from being an immediate stat boost.

Statistics about the number of players who are even in the tier-10 range kind of renders this point moot though (123 chars or 1 in 1,060 at the time of the OP), most folks will have to put in some work to complete the ring. Would people who care nothing about quests really do this over washing, leeching, and card collecting? I have some doubts.

• Great Work Great Work x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. yurain

yurain Windraider

Dec 30, 2019
    YUrain
    I/L Wizard
    Eh. No?
    As a lv90 with 220 base int, I do turn to hunting low level monster for cards as a change of pace from leeching.
    Same thing applies for questing.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. nics

nics Mushmom

Nov 3, 2020
    And how are people supposed to do quests for lvl 1-50 without help while dumping all into int? buy 1million red snail shell?

20. Pepper

Pepper Wolfspider

Sep 3, 2020
    Female
    Peppermint
    Bowmaster
    I have a level 36 full int hunter that is able to kill a decent amount of monsters still and farm drops. I am not limited to snails. Plus there was another user previously who said they would help with getting quest items. You can always party with other people to complete common quests. Just a suggestion. :)