1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Change Owl of Minerva from 3000(6) ea to 25,000(unlimited) for trading integrity.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by MagicBlazer, Nov 21, 2020.

1. MagicBlazer

MagicBlazer Red Snail

Nov 21, 2020
    Male
    1:53 PM
    MagicBlazer
    Priest
    SOLDIER
    Changes to Owl of Minerva for trading integrity

Old:
    Owl of Minerva x 6 (3000 vote cash) (500 vote cash ea)

New:
    Owl of Minerva x 1 (25,000 vote cash) (unlimited uses)

Change Owl of Minerva to a one time purchase with unlimited uses. It will increase the activity of players trading thus attracting more people to play the game benefiting not only the server but especially the players.

Every player will now have access to the information of all prices.
    That lets every player buy and sell their items more accurately.
    If every item is more accurate in price that means they will all be traded more.
    If an item gets traded at faster speed the price will fluctuate faster due to "supply and demand".
    If items get traded more that means the 2.5% tax will happen more thus taking more money out of the game.
    If there is less money in the game then prices would deflate in value.
    Prices would drop due to deflation and not the item being of lower value.

Merchants will typically trade at +/-2.5% trade tax and then +/-5% for an item flip.
    Scrolls trade relative to the supply and demand price of the scrolled items.
    Item prices are relative to their stats and the other thing that affects their price is if they are meta or not.
    non-meta items are usually only worth selling to NPC stores for Mesos because nobody uses those non meta items.

In the game Owl of Minerva costs 3000 Vote cash for 6. (500 vote cash ea)

This means 1 vote happens for every 5 trades. (5 buyers owl, 5 sellers owl)
    500 vote cash x 10 owls = 5000 vote cash = 1 vote

This system values the server's advertisement over the game's trading mechanics.

My argument is that making owl a one time purchase with unlimited uses will increase the activity of people trading thus attracting more players to play the game.

Make owl cost 25,000 vote cash (5 votes) but unlimited uses.

Great now everyone has to vote 5 times to get their unlimited owl uses.
    The server gains +50,000 votes bringing the server to #1 on the list.

(Edited on Wednesday Nov 25, 2020)

• Disagree Disagree x 14
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. SwordnBoard

SwordnBoard Selkie Jr.

Jun 17, 2017
    Male
    8:53 PM
    SwordnBoard
    Paladin
    TeaDrinkers
    I like the idea behind the owl changes, however.

Owls being a one time purchace might leave people more nx to wash certainly, with AP resets being one of the few consumables left in cash shop it would reduce the need for people to vote thereby reducing ratings longterm on Gtop/other sites, might be a good thing but who knows?

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Shivering

Shivering Wolfspider

Mar 9, 2018
    Shivering
    I/L Arch Mage
    How is making an owl mule an unfair advantage? Anyone can do it. There's literally nothing stopping any player from creating 20 new accs to use as owl mules while voting on each of them. Only inhibitor to that is being lazy.

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. Voxtagrams

Voxtagrams Headless Horseman

Jun 13, 2020
    Having a perma owl isn't going to gave 'more accurate' prices.. its going to stay the same.. you're implying that an owl being permanent is going to make the prices change, its not. Its only going to change people buying owls without using more NX in the long run.
    This would also stop the fun in HP washing because if owls become permanent why not also have permanent AP Reset and reuse the same over and over and people wouldn't vote at all..

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. PrettyLights

PrettyLights Timer

Oct 11, 2017
    It would be a nice QOL improvement. One less mule needed. Owls were made so neckson could farm our wallets. I don't know many games that charge you to use a search bar.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Pepper

Pepper Wolfspider

Sep 3, 2020
    Female
    4:53 PM
    Peppermint
    Bowmaster
    I have to disagree with the point of view here. As I understand it, the OP means more accurate pricing because it is easier to access (or quicker) than relying on old data such as on a website. I know sometimes I can't be bothered to log into my other account to owl so I probably list wrong. I choose to do that and that's just me.

This post in no way whatsoever mentions ap resets and the purpose of this post is for ease of use/quality of life for the trading market. At no time was it suggested that ap resets be made permanent and this jump is completely out of no where and has nothing to do with the original intention of this post.

• Agree Agree x 4
  7. Discor

Discor Slimy

Nov 29, 2017
    Male
    10:53 PM
    I/L Arch Mage
    NANI
    I believe that it is a huge time saver and quality of life improvement, but it will have huge implications in the long run.
    such as market stagnation or maybe ppl will constantly use them to monitor specific items to buy cheap and resell immodestly expensive.
    it will be an auction house experience with extra steps, and since our server does not have 10 of thousands of active users, an auction house can be easily abused.
    the only way it can work in my opinion is if the perma owl will cost like 1mil NX maybe less but not by much.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. Voxtagrams

Jun 13, 2020
    I mean, if owls are going to be perm its not going to change an items price, as they stated here. Its not going to change a price, its just going to make it give people free vote NX for AP resets or others and if Owl would be perm it should also allow AP Resets to also follow suit.

Owl only shows the quantity of an item and how much that person is selling it for, its not going to change the price of an item, its only just going to change the usage of vote used on owls.

EDIT: The guy probably only uses one account for multiple characters and doesn't want to make a mule for owls/super megaphones.

9. whatdatoast

whatdatoast Windraider

Apr 9, 2020
    whatdatoast
    Bowman
    Well it's certainly going to induce a lot of undercutting. Not sure if that's good or bad for the game.

10. Voxtagrams

Jun 13, 2020
    Forgot to mention 2nd post, so here

there you go :)

Here if you're having problems voting on multiple accounts thinking that its "unfair" a balance team staff member posted this, and i took the screenshot.
    very nice smoll guide btw FishyFishy quite useful<3
    Vote.jpg

11. Nise

Nise Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    5:53 AM
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    It might help out in the short term for getting "fairer" prices, since everyone will be equally informed, but unlimited owls will have a pretty negative impact on the economy of the server tbh.
    • If everyone prices their stuff the same with no variance, everyone will undercut >>> in which case, prices for everything will end up dropping (which is bad since you'll be earning less mesos, and that'll drive prices even further down cus you won't be able to afford things either)
      • Rich people will stay rich though :p
      • Would probably reinforce leeching as the only way to make decent mesos too
    • Ruins flipping as a method of meso making >>> some people do look down on it as a meso making method, since you're taking advantage of lower prices and selling at a higher price... BUT having middlemen isn't really bad for the economy, since it means that instead of 1 person getting $, you have 2 people getting $. It sort of ends up spreading the wealth in a way
    That said, is our current method perfect? Nope. But I think it has less long-term negatives than what I mentioned ^

Thanks for attending my unsolicited TedTalk :D

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. OP
    OP
    MagicBlazer

MagicBlazer Red Snail

Nov 21, 2020
    Male
    MagicBlazer
    Priest
    SOLDIER
  13. Caenyss

Caenyss Capt. Latanica

Jan 30, 2018
    Male
    Lisbon
    8:53 PM
    Caenyss
    Bowmaster
    I believe you're mistaking laziness with having limited playing time. Not to mention that it sounds more like a chore than having a good time playing.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. jstokes

jstokes Snail

Sep 27, 2020
    Male
    triosnewds
    It takes less than 5 minutes for me to vote each day on 5 accounts. Its laziness, not limited time playing.

Pretty sure introducing a change like this vote help with server votes either. Most players, if this change were to go through, would still vote the exact same as they do now. All this would really introduce is undercutting. As it is now, people may go to a store with 10 scrolls priced 50k over everyone else if they can buy 5 in one go rather than use 5 owls to save 250k. Having unlimited owl uses means cheapest items sell first period. A daily rechargeable owl with limited uses each day (say 2? for 50k) sounds interesting and decent compromise. Would allow those who choose to only vote on one character to get daily owls without breaking the system we currently have.

15. OP
    OP
    MagicBlazer

MagicBlazer Red Snail

Nov 21, 2020
    Male
    MagicBlazer
    Priest
    SOLDIER
    People post screenshots of their items for sale all the time on discord. They pay no vote cash. Just Saying.

16. Winnie

Winnie Timer

Feb 22, 2020
    4:53 AM
    Bishop
    -
    Pretty sure everybody that sell their stuff in discord have store ? Even if they don't thats just their way to play it i guess ? Store do not expire , i do not see any relevancy .
    Can you elaborate on how unlimited owl can benefit the server as a whole , not just player ?
    Since most of us have no issue voting on owlmules account