1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Pet does not loot event items properly

Discussion in 'Closed/Resolved' started by Shivering, Nov 1, 2020.

1. Shivering

Shivering Wolfspider

Mar 9, 2018
    6:48 AM
    Shivering
    I/L Arch Mage
    Description of the bug: (optional screenshot/video): If the person killing the mob does not have pet loot on, event items can not be looted by mules not in party. All other stuff will be looted excluding event items (sunshine and ice chests last event; candy this event). You have to exit dark sight and manually loot.

Video showing how sweeper's pet functions when attacker's pet loot is ON (can loot christmas boxes) - https://vimeo.com/494439442

Video showing how sweeper's pet functions when attacker's pet loot is OFF (can not loot christmas boxes) - https://vimeo.com/494439464

What is supposed to happen?: Pet should loot the event items even if the attacker does not have pet loot turned on.
    Where did you find and/or notice this bug?: Ulu2, but it exists on all maps.
    A step-by-step guide to re-producing this bug (optional): Remove auto loot from your attacker. Turn on dark sight on a sweeper mule and walk around with your pet with pet loot active. Everything will be looted, except for event drops.
    Extra information (optional): N/A

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Pepper

Pepper Wolfspider

Sep 3, 2020
    Female
    9:48 AM
    Peppermint
    Bowmaster
    I just want to bump this because this is a big concern for me and my husband. We play together every day and he (being priest, luring) is unable to pick up any of the pumpkin pieces at all. We are currently leveling on Himes (mesos explosion) and I was able to get 100 pieces just fine but after that, I can no longer see them as the quest has been fulfilled. They continue to drop because he has 0. His pet tries to loot them but says that they cannot be looted. He tried looting manually which also said it cannot be looted and resulted in him lagging/nearly dying. Even with the pet trying to loot the entire time, they remained as unable to loot until they expired. He now has to go solo on a separate mob from me because they wouldn't drop for both of us to loot.

3. 498762133

498762133 Red Snail

Jul 1, 2020
    Male
    iexiakira
    same here. mules cant root the event drops when killed by attacker

4. kalash

kalash Headless Horseman

Oct 18, 2016
    Male
    2:48 PM
    Kalash
    Night Lord
    Halcyon
  5. OP
    OP
    Shivering

Shivering Wolfspider

Mar 9, 2018
    Shivering
    I/L Arch Mage
  6. shot

shot Capt. Latanica Retired Staff

Oct 31, 2017
    Male
    8:48 AM
    sh0t/Davi
    Buccaneer
    Honor
    Mules not being able to pickup pumpkin pieces on mobs they did not kill was intentionally done so that you can't use 1 mage with insane AOE attacks to farm pumpkin pieces for 5 other mules in a party. As for things like portal warps or loots not working after you tried picking up other pumpkin pieces, that will be addressed after next restart.

• Like Like x 2
  7. OP
    OP
    Shivering

Shivering Wolfspider

Mar 9, 2018
    Shivering
    I/L Arch Mage
    Hey my post was specifically about event items like candy. Will this also be fixed so sweepers don't have to manually loot?

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Pepper

Pepper Wolfspider

Sep 3, 2020
    Female
    Peppermint
    Bowmaster
    I understand the system of preventing mules from doing it but my issue is that we are 2 different people who are partying together for killing the mobs. I thought the purpose of it being close to your level was to prevent mules. It just kind of sucks when I am trying to play with my husband we have to do it separately because he can't loot anything because he didn't kill it when he is playing the role of healer/lurer. We're like 2 levels apart so it makes sense to do it together.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. OP
    OP
    Shivering

Shivering Wolfspider

Mar 9, 2018
    Shivering
    I/L Arch Mage
    So uh this bug still exists in the game even after the reset. I still have to manually loot candy at ulu2 on my sweeper.

10. Pepper

Pepper Wolfspider

Sep 3, 2020
    Female
    Peppermint
    Bowmaster
    My pet does

Clarification: mine works in party. OPs mules are out of party.

11. benQ

benQ Pac Pinky

Oct 14, 2016
    Male
    9:48 PM
    benQ
    Bishop
    maple
    drop rate of mage AOE had been nerfed long long time ago..is this still an issue..?
    u hv to be min lv71 to activate the Spin Man quest..which is not low lv mules..
    then we cant choose if wanted to use mage to help 'mule'..? we dont deserve some good thing after invest so much to develop a mage..? the cost of using AOE nvr cheap thou..:eek:
    & wats wrong if we decided to party with frens to help each other to farm pumpkin pcs..?
    making party members cant loot the drops is just a lame decision..:drowning:

12. shot

Oct 31, 2017
    Male
    sh0t/Davi
    Buccaneer
    Honor
    Not too sure which drop you are referring to and in which time period. You are going to have to be more specific than "nerfed long long time ago"
    Nowhere here I mentioned that current level requirement for nights of terror is designed for low level mules, which clearly isn't.
    Yes, because helping 'mule' will make the entire monster level range requirement pointless as well as making significantly easier for people that has a bunch of level 71+ characters to get multiple raffles a day.
    I'm not understanding why you state that mages "dont deserve some good thing" when mages are by far the easiest class to level as well as having the highest AOE attacks for a map clear in the game. Your statement implies that mages rarely get anything from event when they are literally one of the most used classes for farming as well as selling leech to make mesos. Are you seriously trying to say that mages should be even more powerful than it is right now?
    Nothing is wrong with that. It's just that you are only entitled to receive pumpkin pieces that you kill with the reasoning I have explained here above.
    Again, this is done so that people with multiple 71+ mules cannot use their main to farm pumpkins for rest of the characters. This defeats the whole purpose of level range requirement as well as many other things that makes it easier for them to get multiple raffles. The whole point of this change was so that if one owns multiple characters that can complete the quest, it at least forces them to work towards the raffle individually rather than using one character to brainlessly farm for rest of the characters and repeat. No matter how 'lame decision' you think this change is, the fact of matter is, this has been by far the easiest ways do a raffle other than trying to earn enough event ETC's to get one. And if you still believe this is too much work for you, you can always choose other weekly options, or better yet, skip this event entirely.

I totally understand where you are coming from as I've personally used to grind together when I first started. And while I wish that there were ways to add an exception for cases like these, sadly we were not able to come up with any good ideas to distinguish from grinding legitimately versus using mules. So I hope that this option did not hinder you from grinding together still, as there are other weeklies out there such as boss or exp ring. While we understood that the changes we made will not satisfy everyone, we will try to find better ways to account for cases like these in the future.

Can you provide a video of that?

• Like Like x 4
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  13. benQ

benQ Pac Pinky

Oct 14, 2016
    Male
    benQ
    Bishop
    maple
    "Again, this is done so that people with multiple 71+ mules cannot use their main to farm pumpkins for rest of the characters. This defeats the whole purpose of level range requirement as well as many other things that makes it easier for them to get multiple raffles. The whole point of this change was so that if one owns multiple characters that can complete the quest, it at least forces them to work towards the raffle individually rather than using one character to brainlessly farm for rest of the characters and repeat. No matter how 'lame decision' you think this change is, the fact of matter is, this has been by far the easiest ways do a raffle other than trying to earn enough event ETC's to get one. And if you still believe this is too much work for you, you can always choose other weekly options, or better yet, skip this event entirely."

i hv a mage lv 17x but i dont hv any mule between the range of lv 20 to 17x..
    this changes didnt affect my mage / my mule but affected those who wanna party/grind together

the fact: the main is not allowed to help lv 71 mule to farm pumpkin pcs
    but why it is okie to help lv 10 Mule to farm halloween candy..?
    this is contradicting itself..:drowning:

14. shot

Oct 31, 2017
    Male
    sh0t/Davi
    Buccaneer
    Honor
    because halloween candies have nothing to do with raffles? The amount of time required to get the items desired is completely different than a daily quest that literally guarantees you a raffle by playing the game for an hr or so. It boggles my mind that you are trying to compare aspects of an event that serves an entirely different purpose other than that both are an event ETC that drops from monsters. Also, I have mentioned time and time again that changes like these cannot satisfy everyone, including the person that was legitimately trying to grind together. I know it sucks, but it's a small price one needs to pay for to prevent one person from easily getting 5+ raffles a day, which will be unfair for those that only have few characters to do the quest on.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  15. benQ

benQ Pac Pinky

Oct 14, 2016
    Male
    benQ
    Bishop
    maple
    good that u know it sucks..
    thx for the time for the explanation..
    conclusion: party mates cant loot the pumpkin pcs -full stop- :drowning:

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. OP
    OP
    Shivering

Shivering Wolfspider

Mar 9, 2018
    Shivering
    I/L Arch Mage
    Unfortunately since I don't have full screen recording software there's no way for me to showcase what I typed above. If attacker has pet loot on sweeper's pet will loot event candy; it attacker does not have pet loot on sweeper has to exit dark sight and manually hold z to pick up candy as the pet will not pick up the event candy.

17. kalash

kalash Headless Horseman

Oct 18, 2016
    Male
    Kalash
    Night Lord
    Halcyon
    I can vouch for that

18. Huiae

Huiae Headless Horseman

Aug 1, 2015
    Female
    Seoul, Korea
    10:48 PM
    Verdict
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    Of course you dont have many 71+s but in ML world there are bunch of guys with lots of 71+s.

As one of them, (have 17s currently) I clearly can say it is terrible idea to let me do 17 raffles a day with single skele leech using my main fp.

19. OP
    OP
    Shivering

Shivering Wolfspider

Mar 9, 2018
    Shivering
    I/L Arch Mage
    I want to bump this so hopefully we can get it fixed for the next event. It has been extremely frustrating to play the last 2 events and I would really like the chance to be able to farm resets on my attacker by allowing my sweeper to properly loot event items.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Floris

Floris Capt. Latanica

May 27, 2020
    Male
    Weren't you quitting?

• Agree Agree x 1