1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Not a Bug Trojan

Discussion in 'Report Bugs' started by C0tt0nstar, Nov 28, 2020.

1. C0tt0nstar

C0tt0nstar Blue Snail

Nov 28, 2020
    5:54 PM
    Description of the bug: bitdefender identified a trojan when trying to download from windows and windows mirror 1
    What is supposed to happen?:
    Where did you find and/or notice this bug?: durring installation
    A step-by-step guide to re-producing this bug (optional):
    Extra information (optional): I didnt think to take a screenshot, sorry. The file said it was some specific trojan but I cant remember which one.

2. Pepper

Pepper Wolfspider

Sep 3, 2020
    Female
    7:54 PM
    Peppermint
    Bowmaster
    There is not a trojan. Bit defender sends a false positive. You just need to turn it off while you download.

3. Voxtagrams

Voxtagrams Headless Horseman

Jun 13, 2020
    4:54 PM
    A lot of unofficial servers tend to have false positives while downloading, not really sure why its like that but yeah.. if you're completely new to the game welcome to MapleLegends ^_^

4. halfwaysleet

halfwaysleet Master Chronos

May 21, 2018
    Male
    8:54 PM
    halfway
    Thief
  5. OP
    OP
    C0tt0nstar

C0tt0nstar Blue Snail

Nov 28, 2020
    Eventhough the antivirus specifically said it identified one? It wasnt just "there may be unknown programs with malicious files" it said it identified some specific version of trojan?

6. OP
    OP
    C0tt0nstar

C0tt0nstar Blue Snail

Nov 28, 2020
    I am brand new as of last week. When I downloaded it my antivirus tried to stop it but just said it may be harmful, I approved it and things went ahead. A week later when I try to download on the laptop it specifically says it identified a certain trojan, so is that different?

7. halfwaysleet

halfwaysleet Master Chronos

May 21, 2018
    Male
    8:54 PM
    halfway
    Thief
    upload_2020-11-28_19-17-3.png
    Fret not, It's not harmful at all.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Voxtagrams

Voxtagrams Headless Horseman

Jun 13, 2020
    4:54 PM
    Nope, its the samething. False positives also the post above explains a lot.

• Like Like x 1