1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Zipangu Odaiba 2100 Map Change Suggestions

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by SaviorSword, Dec 1, 2020.

1. SaviorSword

SaviorSword Dark Stone Golem

Feb 9, 2020
    Male
    Aiur
    9:23 PM
    SaviorSword
    Paladin
    Bonfire
    As a recent Neo Tokyo craftsman/farmer, these new aggro changes has some consequences to the livelihoods of other similar folks who reside here to collect material and craft goods. Unlike other maps that got a nerf due to how they were too efficient to farm for Mesos, there are alternative ares with less efficient maps that exists to serve as alternatives. There's no other alternative areas to gather items for Neo Tokyo goods however.
    I'll show a picture and explain the problems of the best and most viable map along with the new problems that arose.

[​IMG]

The Overloads here before the aggro change had global vision of the map and would easily just swarm on us so that it was easy to engage with and kill. Because of the recent changes, that has the side effect of a direct nerf to Neo Tokyo crafts and material farms as the farmer will have to go out of their way to get the attention of the Overloads now. In this image, it is the Overload with the yellow circle over it.

A second new issue is a double whammy as even if one was able to kill an Overload outside of the boundary, which is below the ship, their materials are lost and the time spent to kill it was in vain.

Unless it was intentional to nerf Neo Tokyo goods, then I have a few suggestions to help restore this map a bit back to a more efficient area to farm for materials:
    • Remove the ship/shorten the map: This change will take out the double whammy as monsters won't ever be inaccessible nor will their drops be inaccessible either. The side effect of the aggro change that will decrease the efficiency of the farm will just have to be a drawback to accept from the global aggro changes.
    • Increase Auto-Aggro vision: This change will make it so that Monsters will be able to spot a player from a good distance of the map. It won't have the excellent range of the entire map for aggro, but it will definitely be an improve over what we have now. This solution still doesn't solve the problem that the Overloads will still have the chance to fly out of player bounds.
    • Increase Spawn Rate/Numbers, Remove Respawn Timer, and/or other combinations of the map's Monster Rate Attributes: This change will make it so that a sheer increase of Monsters to kill can help overcome the changes in the aggro system. I'm not a fan of this idea as that could upset the balance of items that can drop from Monsters and further damage the value of them in the market. To me, this is like a band-aid to a bigger problem.
    Problems, if any, of the current state could potentially lead to make Neo Tokyo items and in a stretch Reverse/Timeless goods (As they require Neo Tokyo goods as materials to craft.) much harder to access due to the lower efficiency from the side effects of the aggro change.

I would personally hit the flaws of the map geometry first as Monsters really should not fly into areas inaccessible to players. Another aggro change in accordance to my suggestion as the basis might have some conflicts with the intentions of the recent system change.

And that's my suggestion with changes to this important map for endgame content. Thanks for the time to read over my post.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Cashew2

Cashew2 Orange Mushroom

Oct 19, 2020
    Male
    10:23 PM
    Cashew3
    Night Lord, Corsair
    Did they change the platforms in the map? You should be able to get onto the ship by jumping from the blue crate next to it (what components of the map is or isn't a platform could use some visual clarity), or jumping down from the crane structure where ponicher stands.

• Like Like x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    SaviorSword

Feb 9, 2020
    Male
    Aiur
    SaviorSword
    Paladin
    Bonfire
    I later did find out that the ship is accessible, though right underneath the ship platform is still inaccessible. I've already made an edit to the original post. Thanks for the note on that error.

4. MeatSlam

MeatSlam Mushmom

Apr 2, 2020
    Male
    8:23 PM
    MeatSlam
    Page
    Agree 100%

This map already wasn't the best and definitely didn't deserve a (indirect) nerf. There really isn't any other map you can farm coins at (besides NTPQ twice per day).

5. OP
    OP
    SaviorSword

Feb 9, 2020
    Male
    Aiur
    SaviorSword
    Paladin
    Bonfire
    It's actually worse than Odaiba after me and my friend went to test out the drop rates. Sure there's no spawn timer and Dida draws all Monsters to the center, but many Monsters are much bulkier to kill.