1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Feedback Your feedback and experience of MapleLegends

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Kimmy, Dec 2, 2020.

1. OYM

OYM Master Chronos

Jun 30, 2020
    Male
    10:28 AM
    I just want to get back in the Hunted House, on the top floor there is a meadow and it turns into three bombards, level 20, 50 and 70. This is a great training place. (Or I get confused between Maple Story and Maple Legend) But in the rules of the game well there are no problems and everything is fine and thank you very much for the frequent care and improvements.

2. Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    9:28 AM
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    1. Which year did you join MapleLegends?
    2017 Summer Event (until end of August), restarted playing in February 2018 and on

2. How did you found/learn (about) MapleLegends?
    Talking with a friend irl about maplestory private servers, made me think about checking on it again on gtop and found this one being mac compatible.

3. What were your expectations going into playing MapleLegends?
    Grindfest and general research for optimization route for questing and grinding.
    Deleting all chars just because I don't like unfinished chars or just randomly leave them.

4. What made you continue playing? (not anymore)
    Friends I've made during those 3 years-ish.

5. Do you have any goals that keep you going?
    Beat AinzAinz and become #0 discord lvl spammer

6. What do you like about MapleLegends (feature, content, etc)?
    I'm a filthy mac user (!mac) and the possibility of even increasing size from that stupid 800x600 was a big feature.
    In general the move from NX gacha to farming only made the game even more appealing (as I'm a grindfest lover)
    The fact that the Spanish speaking portion of the community isn't much staffed (not sure there's staff talking in Spanish anymore) and you can rarely find those funny moments where they're smegaing RWT actions
    (and you get them banned lmao [​IMG] )

7. Your least favourite thing about MapleLegends? (feature, content, etc)?
    The usual economy "rich are richer, poor get poorer" but it's more of a mental/luck wall with Gacha being stupidly RNG.
    You can go on for 3 years and remain poor af with avg. chars and never reach 1b meso, while random new kids with their RNG in 2 months get 5 WS and 10 CS from events and gacha (how smh, I got 1 CS in 3 years, and from grinding winter 2018 like 24/7)
    Make event drop rates and raffle systems more transparent, it's a mess to understand if events are worth spending time over.

8. Compared to when you joined, do you think the server has improved?
    It surely did, various changes were brought up for classes, new areas and questlines to do.
    I've never really got to NT, but the PQ sounds nice, CWKPQ made getting Crushed Skulls easier (not by much tho) and gave more gear for acc for warriors.

9. What would you really like to see added or changed in MapleLegends?
    Finish the NT PQ (wanna see more streams of it being completed)... maybe try finding ways to include the JMS client modifications to play Pachinko?

10. Anything else you would like to mention?
    Discord ML Community >> in-game ML Community
    [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. sheepes

sheepes Mushmom

Apr 21, 2020
    Male
    1:28 AM
    sheepes
    Chief Bandit
    - A friend from MaplestoryM introduced me to it.
    - I had no expectations. Having joined around quarantine I was looking to pass the time and dip into some nostalgia. I did know that the leveling experience would be slow.
    4. What made you continue playing?
    - The cosmetics! As someone who cares more about FashionStory than gear, I like how much is in the Cash Shop. I also found a lovely guild that is easy going and friendly.
    - Level 10 monster book ring. Currently at level 6.
    - I would also like to pass the Zakum jump quest some day. Haven't attempted yet.
    - Level 150-160 on my main character
    - 4th job on all of my other characters
    - As mentioned above, I like the cosmetics that are offered in game. I also like the holiday events and how communicative staff are on Discord. I like that ML is also Mac compatible which is hard to come by.
    7. Your least favorite thing about MapleLegends? (feature, content, etc)?
    - HP washing
    - Mac users have to redownload the whole game each time it's updated.
    - Small number of channels which makes it difficult to train at certain locations. This also makes it difficult to farm mini bosses which are on a timer. I wish that timers were reduced.
    - More transparency
    - I don't really play outside of events so I'm not sure. But lately I've been hearing that some map/spawns (gobys and 5-6?) have been nerfed which kinda sucks because other users were able to experience the pre-nerf for who knows how long.
    - I would like to have hair and face mannequins. I'm not sure if it's possible in this version but the events always being some cute new styles and it makes it hard to part with previous styles from events since they rarely reappear. If it's possible to add hair and face mannequins, it can be a donor item or meso sink?
    * EDIT: Just read somewhere that there is a style saver in Amoria. Will check it out once game is out of maintenance.
    - Increased amount of character slots on an account. Not sure if it's possible to increase it but the current amount of slots is 6.
    - Event style items should be permanent. We don't really get to keep anything tangible with our characters once events end since all/most of the items end up expiring.
    - I would like to see this thread looked at/updated more often. Cosmetics do not kill the game and if more of the suggested items were added to the Donor Shop, I think that it would increase donations.
    - Removal of NX clothing being gender locked. To my understanding not much can be done with this.
    - Make training with a party more worth while.
    - Pet auto buff with Buff Jewels (I think this was what it was called). In older versions of MapleStory it was a green jewel that allowed pets to auto cast the buff that was assigned.
    - PLEASE add the Cloud Sheep Label Ring. It's the only donor ring that is missing the matching counterpart.
    Screen Shot 2020-11-24 at 2.21.20 PM.png
    - While much of the conversation happens on Discord, I wish that the forums weren't so dead.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Zapps

Zapps Red Snail

Apr 1, 2020
    Male
    3:28 AM
    MattTheSair
    Corsair
    WeenieHutJrs
    March of 2020 - but i have played a lot with veteran players

Probably GTop100, probably just google searched v63 private servers, and went off ranking

i fell in love with GMS when pirates came out (Sairs > Buccs), and wanted a server that encapsulated that experience (i definitely got it)

found an active guild (Weenies FTW) and found it easy to improve (leveling, merching, etc.). I loved GMS because i used to play with friends from my neighborhood, and stopped when everyone gave up on the game. The social aspect of this game is a huge component as to why i stay on the server.

get to HT level (currently 139), finish monster book, then work on end game items

constant maintenance is good in my opinion, means people care about the users, and most users who hit mid/end game are laid back and just happy to have a game that is not P2W.

the fact that you pretty much need a leeching char (mage) to make big money, or that for many chars (BM, NL, Sair) unless you sacrifice your early game to washing, you miss out on a fair amount of end game content. It seems like LPQ and KPQ are filled with washing chars, and the difficulty of washing makes taking certain jobs to end game a chore. id also say that until recently, much of the mid game content went overlooked due to it not being "efficient" in terms of grinding.

the addition of PB is huge, and i feel it has brought a ton of OGs back, and hope to see more boss implementation in the future.

I love the addition of bosses that push guilds and players, but I would also love to see the addition of a questing ring, as well as other rings that enable unwashed or low washed chars (like myself) to experience more of the end game, while still benefiting those who wash. players have 4 ring slots as a default, and unless they grind certain events (zombie rings most recently), those slots go unused. With the addition of PB, it seems like ToT has become much more populated due to more enticing drops (PoT, int scrolls, NPC equips). I feel that a good way of having users explore more maps is to explore rare item drop rates (shield magic att scrolls at Ninto is a prime example of this working) on less populated maps. another idea may be to have a questing ring, which makes exploring the whole map more of a goal than a burden.

This server has been one of the most stable fixtures in my life over the past year (covid, moved cross country, graduated college), and i appreciate everything done by staff to keep it that way. I'd love to see a public API for FM items (This is OSRS GE data for a whip, and this is a tutorial on how it works), as it maintains the utility of an owl (still useful for sniping quick sell items below market value), while stabilizing the economy (more accurate pricing = more stable prices).

• Like Like x 2
  5. cashc

cashc Snail

Nov 23, 2020
    Male
    4:28 AM
    Facesitting
    Thief
    Zakum

I was browing for a mac compatible v62/83 server that maintained classic MS grind & pace. After trying a few servers, none compared to ML.

Honestly -- I was expecting a higher EXP and mesos multiplier. However, after playing, im glad its what it is.

Honestly, I never got past lvl ~35-40 in classic MS due to lack of knowledge and friends to grind with. The generosity and kindness from people on this server made it hard NOT to continue.

Vote cash, active community, gacha drops

NO MONSTER CARNIVAL PQ :(:(:(:(

Possibly... I tend to play for a few months then stop and come back. Dont really know.

possibly greater EXP for LPQ (I find a lot of chars, including myself, burn out between 35-70. Especially with repetitiveness of certain training areas/pqs)

:)

6. Hchaos

Hchaos Slime

Nov 29, 2020
    Male
    Hchaos
    Bishop
    Stepbros
    i made an account a while ago but started really playing 2 weeks ago so 2020

was looking on google for maple and heard this was a less toxic server so i came to check it out and stayed :)

i was not thinking of much to be honest i was expecting it to just be like GMS

started having fun with the people

i plan to just play and have as much fun as i can main goal is to make a hero that i can boss with

the community i like that nobody feels to good to help out a new player makes the game more enjoyable

the only thing i don't like is sometimes not not being able to grind since most channels are full (just means a lot of people are on :p )
    and you can spend half a day grinding for scrolls and not get enough for even one piece of gear

have not been playing long enough to say but my experience so far is great server is not toxic the people are great to play with the people in charge actually do things that helps the players out the listen to the player which most games don't have

eventually maker skill :), npc in FM that u can buy potions and sell stuff to if possible, a little bit better drop rate for scrolls (again if possible)
    MORE events that helps us get more AP reset so people that main NL and BM can actually play their characters sooner

not much left to say so far from playing u guys are doing awsome keep up the great work and hope to see how far u guys take this server :)

7. Oradious

Oradious Mr. Anchor

Aug 28, 2018
    Male
    4:28 PM
    Oradious
    F/P Arch Mage, Gunslinger, Buccaneer
    Pasta

I watched Lin's videos. I followed him since 2012/13.

No expectations. Was just excited to try out maple again after 5 years of not playing.

Nothing in particular. If I feel like playing it, I'll play it. If I get bored/burnt out, I'll just spend more time playing other games. For now, it's probably the release of PB that made me stay and not fade into one of those extended breaks from the game

Finishing my NT bow is probably the top priority

PB, as well as small QOL changes like stackable gach/buying AP resets in bulk are some examples I can think of now

HT seems to be dead content now, and poses no real challenge for the usual people that I run with. The content itself also doesn't generate as much profit as it used to. You can talk about having fUn with friends, but for someone like me, I tend to lean towards the more striving for efficiency side.

I also dislike the fact that a few months ago, certain new member(s) of the staff were policing HT and going on ban/threatening of banning sprees, when they themselves have no experience in bossing let alone HT. I think staff handling end-game issues should have experienced end-game themselves, or be more experienced in the game before handling such issues.

Yes. Like I mentioned in 6, I like the small QOL changes that have been implemented ever since I joined the server. Multi-voting is also something that I think is an improvement that has been made to the game.

Some radical changes made to make HT more challenging/profitable, like 1 hour timer or expiring skillbooks. It's a balance issue so it's probably a topic for another thread

UNDERCUTOR4D

8. ScarletMoon

ScarletMoon Orange Mushroom

Oct 5, 2020
    Male
    2015 July, quit about 2 or 3 times throughout lasting 2 years or so.

Pretty sure I did a search on server pre potential (and therefore BigBang). I remembered choosing between legends and another server that has 5x rates but wanted 3x>4x>2x>5x (didn't want things to be too easy) so I chose legends instead.

Not much, I liked Maple since young and it is best of the legit games I played aside from mini game, flash games, gameboy, etc. Wanted to experience maple again!

Liked the server in general and also that it is going strong after so many years. An example would be like if a server is dying there is not much point to play.

It was all about goals for me I think. After the initial nostalgia phrase, I wanted to hit 120 on my first chara pre bb (hit 119 on the day big bang was released lol). Then it was some further training after that and getting other characters to 120 etc etc. Current goal is gathering equips costing 2b altogether and then the blue prints (Oli, I blame you for this f3).

Monster book, probably the best thing that came to ML since I joined. Also the constant addition of more maps and stuff to do, like HT, ToT, Ellin, shaolin, NT, Golden Temple, ShangHai (World Tour) - not sure how sustainable it is before we become no longer nostalgic but the addition we have is GREAT!

Some of them are the RNG aspect of the game like gach and scrolling but tbh, it's more of maple than ML.

Economy wise, I don't really like fact that money making is limited to Mage leeches and one party or less than that bossing (which is also kind of maple and not ML).

When I first joined, there was no events as well, so I'm kind of overwhelmed by events with how frequent they are and how grindy they can be. Not to mention with snowman and cake, you pretty much have to drop everything and run to the event map especially since it is the best way to obtain event etcs. It is much better this event though, with raffle and cosmetic separated along with choosing of rings/raffle (superb addition!).

Campers in all area bosses.... I usually have to skip over those cards to collect and only does it once or twice for quest completion. Sometimes I feel like having mini maps to be entered once or twice daily to collect cards and getting quest kills.

Nothing was in place yet so the server has improved by heaps and bounds. Last time there was nothing fresh to do after the early 4th job. Now, it is quite impossible to even complete all the boss runs everyday

Perhaps a change in how to obtain money or further addition of ways to obtain CS and WS realistically. One way could be increasing reward of every boss clears like how NT bosses giving coins to players (if mules can be excluded somehow?) so that there is less reliance on boss drops RNG. Another way could be tying CS and WS to some chain of quests or NT coins or Piece of Time or some other equally hard to get items that doesn't involve bossing.

HP washing has always been an issue as well, I would suggest to decrease the price of AP reset. Older players may feel left out but from my understanding other grindy games on phone or pc usually lower prices/increase rewards gradually so that there isn't a sudden jump that made older player's efforts futile while making it easier for new players coming in.

Amazing game, never expected the server to last this long (Summer 2016.... -_-"). Here's to the many years to come!

9. xadra

xadra Capt. Latanica

Jun 6, 2017
    Male
    Adra
    Paladin
    Divide

Summer 2017. Quit from 2018 Jan to 2020 March, before coming back.

Group of friends from uni were looking to relive nostalgic Maple from 2008-2010, a friend found this server.

To play ludi PQ with my group of 6 friends. That's it, really.

A combination of my love for RPGs, the undying charm of old school Maple, and being really free after my exams in 2017. Oh and also joining a guild that I talked to on discord every day.

Came back in 2020 because of COVID lockdown and a girl I liked asked if I wanted to play Maple. Then I got hooked all over again when I saw the new bosses like NT (LUL) and joining a new guild with great players inside.

Ever since I bought a Zak helm from Animals (the guild) in 2017, I always wanted to experience what it was like to lead and organize a bossing party because it looked like something fun and skill-intensive in this otherwise fairly simple game.

Also as an RPG fan I love upgrading my character's stats, which is why making a big weapon for myself was a goal as well.

That's why after hosting a handful of horntail runs, and getting a decent-ish Crushed Skull I've become a mostly casual player.

• Class balance. IMO for an RPG to be worth playing, class balance must be good and doubly so for a multiplayer game. I daresay almost every class has their place and niche here- or at least it's light years better than the game it's emulating. Neckson was unbelievably awful at this.
    • The rates (2x exp, 3x quest, 1x meso) are absolutely perfect, feels challenging and rewarding without making everyone feel zoom-zoom like our main competing private server or post-BB maple.
    • Variety of players from across the world
    • GMs that actually interact regularly with the playerbase
    • Extremely active moderation that really helps against any attempts at cheating/hacking/scamming
    • The iron-clad stance against Monster Carnival PQ
    • Frequent, fun and active events
    • I have always been a vocal critic about leech culture- but for reals, I wouldnt know how to grind an outlaw either if not for leeching. It's not something that I think should be changed but I've always found it to my distaste.
    • I did not like the patches that attempt to stuff out mules people use. I'm iffy about the muling culture as a whole (I don't own any except for an owl mule) but innovation from the playerbase shouldn't be destroyed by artificial means, especially not when the game is purely PvE. In the process also harming people who main those classes. Yes I'm talking about hammer mules again, how could you tell? Dex buccs too I guess
    • Some questionable balance decisions regarding maps -- some maps are extremely overcentralizing (GS2, CDs, Shaolin) whereas the rest of the maple world languishes in obscurity when some simple balance tweaks could probably fix it

Most certainly- balance has gotten even better, and more content to do = good, ESPECIALLY monster book ring since it gave an alternative goal other then the usual level grinding, merching, scrolling and grinding.

• Quest ring, which I think would have excellent social effects on the server
    • Buff axes and BW (Staves are sadly probably unsalvageable, sorry)
    • Also, buffing the ever living shit out of Orbis and Magatia PQs -- they are both very fun PQs, but OPQ has to compete with the disgustingly overcentralizing, overpowered and utterly braindead Ghost Ship maps while MPQ competes with leech. Just massively jack up the exp gained, it's low level anyway, most people that are sweaty enough already leech it away on their bishops but the PQs would help new players/non-leechers tremendously.

I can be critical sometimes but I'm very appreciative of the server, I've made so many friends (many of whom I've even met up irl) from ML.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Linker

Linker Mano

Mar 31, 2018
    Female
    Linker/Teishi/Omelet
    I/L Arch Mage, Bowmaster, Night Lord
    2016. Started playing more in 2018. Been on and off since.

Previous private server got shut down and friends wanted to start a new one together. Chose a server from gtop based on popularity and exp rates.

- Play old school MS at an acceptable rate (leveling not too slow or fast).
    - Experience content that I didn't get to and get the NX items I wanted as a kid.
    - Make friends

New content, events, and working towards goals.

Collect future event chairs and hairs if they're cute. Other than that, not really.....

- Server is continuously improving and being worked on.
    - Staff is helpful and friendly.
    - Handful of players still dedicated to the game. Nice to come back once in a while and see familiar people.

- Recent (maybe past year?) prioritization and staff investment on balance changes, including during events. Changes are being made, adjusted, reverted too quickly for me to keep up if I just want to play occasionally. Maybe it just seems like an increase in the number of balance changes because the transparency around changes has improved though.

Yes. Lots of new content, smoother client dl/setup process, more nx items heh

- Add: NT part 2
    - Change: Would like all chairs to be tradable. Feels bad to take a break and miss an event or not be able to grind enough during an event to roll a chair, and then not be able to ever buy it after. It also seems weird that some boss chairs are tradable (toad) and some are not (NT bosses). Correct me if my knowledge is out of date though, or if there is already an official explanation for this.
    - Change: A way to not have event outfits expire... Not sure what this would look like, but could be similar to how we can access and pay for past event hairs.
    - Change: Be able to trade in permanent NX items bought with donor for other NX items. I bought some real ugly things and regret it now lmao.

Appreciate the staff that keep the server up and alive!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. pinkdalbit

pinkdalbit Snail

Oct 16, 2020
    Female
    3:28 PM
    pinkdalbit
    Beginner
    2020. Just played for almost 2 months now :)

from qdeoks on Twitter.

I never played maplestory before, so I thought I would just testing the water and won't play much. I thought it'll be some kind of pay2win game. But here I am grinding everyday XD

The feeling after leveling up is just, really nice. XD And i got into a nice guild so it's fun chatting with them.

Want to advance to Bishop soon. Want to try running Zakum, and other boss maybe? Still a long way to go tho.

While the community is sometimes getting toxic, I'm glad I meet some really kind players. The most memorable thing was when I was lv 10+ there's this really nice player giving me a guava for free, and there's this player carrying me to HPQ so I can lvl up faster. Some players are kind enough to help me because I'm a total noob.

The grinding spot that's always full? XD I just hope there's more grinding spot for solo players without the need of buying leech.
    And some ppl who kinda not-noob-friendly ;_; Believe me, I too hate being noob and that's why I prefer solo grinding ;_;

Can't give any opinion about this since I just joined but I think the server is really good.

More events that's beginner friendly. And like I said before, more grinding spot... or channel ;_;

Thank you for all staffs who worked so hard everyday. \(^o^)/

12. Kyshies

Kyshies Slimy

Mar 13, 2020
    Elliy
    F/P Arch Mage

A friend of mine from a past internship played it, and told me about it when we were talking about old-school Maplestory.

Expected to do some PQs and relive the good old days, and to finally try out a pure INT cleric LOL.

This server is way better run than MapleSEA can ever hope to be, even back in the day.

Buying godly int gear, and maybe someday actually funding an attacker.

The lack of pay to win features.

The lack of new items and cosmetics to the cash shop despite pages upon pages of requests on an official thread taking suggestions for new cash items. 'New' stuff seems to be event-only, and are ultimately non-permanent or if in the case of myself, unobtainable forever because I wasn't playing in 2015-2019.

The time-gate of HP washing, and how it takes literally forever to do so. It's actually bad enough that shelling out a thousand-plus IRL bucks in old Maple for AP resets feels acceptable in comparison (that's not a good thing, btw). HP washing is alright, but waiting two years to do so...?

N/A.

More cash items, please!

Um....

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. porl

porl Mixed Golem

May 30, 2020
    Male
    7:28 PM
    Bishop, Night Lord, Buccaneer
    Pasta
    Early 2020

A friend and I went looking for private MS servers, decided on this one for it's rates (mainly 2x EXP, 1x Meso, i feel a lot of other servers go way overboard with this)

Due to the rates, I expected a more laidback & co-operative player base, although my past experiences with private servers were ones with a lot of hackers, inactive mods & selfish players. Mixed expectations initially, but overall a positive experience after that.

It actually feels like MS did back when I played it (06-07), the sense of community to me feels largely the same. I also enjoyed all the new (at least to me) content I didn't really get around to much back on GMS. I didn't feel like I was missing out much on ML, as there was no P2W & a lot the content seemed fresh to me as it's from versions after I stopped playing. Not to mention the rates are such that you can find people around at pretty much every level range around.

I'd like to have a few high level characters so that I can pick between them when playing or bossing, as I like options.

I like how pro-active the mods are in this server; dealing with @gm's, dealing with rule breakers, hosting events/gm buffs etc. Every time I've had an issue or seen someone clearly rule break on SMEGA the mods are quite timely. The complete lack of hackers is a big draw for me as on GMS I feel like almost no mods were ever around.

In terms of the server specifically, the lack of channels. I feel like the lack of channels & the inevitable toxicity it brings are bad optics for the server. It's not fun sitting on a rope, waiting until someone loses their @mapowner so that you can use the map, or you being @mapowner and seeing someone sitting on the map waiting for you to go AFK. I'd like to be able to walk into a map and just play it whenever I wanted & take breaks when needed, without feeling like I've robbed someone of that same experience, or feel like I will lose out by not taking breaks over a session. Most of the toxicity I have seen in this server is about @mapowner disputes & sniping Boss channels, I'd like to see some sort of workaround if more channels aren't going to be added (unique dungeons or instances perhaps?).

From what I can remember the server feels more stable & less laggy, which I understand is a complex thing to do so it's much appreciated. The ironing out of bugs, as well as the mods communicating more about changes being thought of or made, is another thing I'd say has greatly improved the server. The additional content & updates over the year I've played is also appreciated.

I'd like to see some way to enable higher HP on characters than what is currently available. Truth be told I'd rather be playing either an Archer or NL but feeling forced to wait for so long to accumulate NX & wash has led to me just making a Warrior instead.

(as mentioned above in 7.) I'd also like to see more channels/maps made available.

I do think the game is in a good place right now, and certainly the mods have worked hard to get it there. That being said, I think the 2 main issues I have brought up (the lack of channels/maps/boss maps etc & the HP Washing Grind) would be the 2 biggest issues I have with the game & would like to see changed in the future. Overall I'd say I had a remarkably positive experience in my year here so far & I will almost certainly be here for at least another.

14. geospiza

geospiza Web Developer Staff Member Web Developer

Apr 16, 2020
    geospiza
    Dark Knight
    Funk
    April 2020

I saw a MS video on Reddit where MapleLegends was mentioned in the comments.

I had low expectations because this was my first time playing a private server. I thought it might feel empty compared to the heyday, and that I would stop playing once leveling became too difficult (50-60ish?).

I joined an active guild on my second or third night that kept me invested in the game. It's nice seeing the same cast of people everyday when going outside isn't an option. There was a *lot* of content that was new to me, so I enjoyed being able to explore places in the world that I'd never seen before (Ariant, Korean Folk Town, Showa, NLC, Taipei, CBD). Leveling is actually enjoyable compared to 1x rates, especially with higher spawn maps like Forest of Golems, Mannequins, CDs, and Himes. It wasn't that difficult to break the 50-60 barrier.

I'd like to try out most of the main bosses and PQs like Zakum, CWK, Horntail, and Neo Tokyo at least once. I've been playing very casually, so it's going to take a while until I can get to that point. I want to finish up most of the major quest lines (quest ring when?). I want to collect consistent market data for a while and watch the economy since I've found big, sudden shifts in prices fascinating e.g. GFA60s after the anniversary event.

The nostalgia factor is real and I think part of what helps continue it is the community. I've met some awesome people this year. I also enjoy all the new content that I had never experienced before (in widescreen HD, no less). I fulfilled a middle school dream of being a Dragon Knight, and now get to figure out how to play a Dark Knight. My favorite area is Ellin Forest, which is the first area that was truly new to me. It has the best quests/lore and EPQ was loads of fun. The events have all been awesome, especially the changes to the FM.

I like how well everything seems to be run, from GM interactions to server stability and patch frequency. There are hiccups and mistakes, but overall I get a sense of friendliness and competence. One example that I thought showed a great deal of foresight was the policy of banning multi-clienting on boss runs. It seemed to pay off a few months later when Horntail was packed with all of the newly leveled players, with irritated folks complaining on smega and and in the forums about runs being sniped. It's also kind of incredible that I haven't seen any obvious hackers/botters since I've joined.

I've had a few unsavory interactions with people camping bosses (salty about mapowner rules or accusations over KSing). Some of the popular maps are really difficult to get for general training or questing (e.g. Ulu City estates). I'm a bit sad about not being able to wear any luk equips on a mage I've been leveling because int >>> luk. It's also bittersweet to see people leave the game, like many of the people in my first guild.

Improved for sure. The population seems really healthy at the moment (1-2k online at any given moment), and there seem to be new players all the time. There have been quite a few technical improvements like more widescreen maps, a new channel, balance changes to particular classes (rip dexbuccs, but yay sushi), and now aggro changes. And there's new content like Pink Bean.

It would be nice to have more training spots than the meta ones, especially when the experience gain is disproportionate to other things that could be done. I'm also interested in new content (new maps? quest lines?), but there's also plenty I haven't done.

It's been an 11/10 experience.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Lin

Lin Headless Horseman

Feb 27, 2017
    Male
    Singapore
    Linny,BangHero,Carbide
    Paladin
    Bonk
    February 2017

Kim DM-ed me MapleF3

It was originally a refuge place for me when Royals had their New source fiasco and left the server dead during that period, which then became my new home.

As i made videos of every step of my journey, i figured i'll keep the ball rolling and people kept watching and wanting more, and i love making videos, so i've not stopped since then.

Giving entertainment and or help/advice to players in game would be nice, a little whisper of info when people smega for help goes a long way MapleF17

What i noticed was that the client was relatively hassle free when downloading/launching.
    A couple other servers i've tried, had all sorts of nonsensical optimisations like setting the program's preference for a specific version of windows, changing this and that till it eventually works days later. Other than that, the server's abundance of custom content/maps is a big plus, like Shanghai/Golden Temple, it brings me back to the ol MapleSEA days.

The !roll system is nice for bossing loots, but it has been used for gambling as we all know, and has led to many feuds and bans that could have been prevented. This system was never a thing in the OG maplestory so having it being used for a gambling system that leads to staff intervention when stuff goes south is pretty annoying.

Oh yea definitely, i think i wasn't able to afk for longer than 3 hours back in 2017, and i hardly ever get disconnected now. As mentioned, the custom content is also a big plus.

Timeless/Reverse Allargando buff, and Axe buff MapleF11

yall are dank, thank you for reading.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Fluggo3

Fluggo3 Slime

Sep 11, 2020
    Male
    Montreal
    Roost
    I/L Wizard
    Community
    - March of 2020, lockdown and lack of work made me want to taste some nostalgia.

- First PS that popped up that sounded like it would be to my liking after a google search.

- I honestly just wanted the nostalgic feeling of oldschool Maple along with PQing, meeting people, and bossing because I never got high enough level back in the day to try any of them.

- Met a lot of really great people that helped me stay sane during lockdown. The server is generally lag-free aside from a few hiccups every now and then (which is fair), and overall the community has been really chill/helpful and easy to get along with.

- I've never done any bosses more than Zak, so my goal is to experience the end-game bosses.

- Essentially the same thing I answered #4 with. The holiday events have been really well made so it's always fun wondering what's going to be coming next.

- I'd run a marathon naked to have a mute smega button. Genuinely. That and HP washing. I don't necessarily want it removed, but it does feel excessive. There are items that help out with lack of HP (BFC, MoN, Tier Ring, etc) but there are still bosses that are completely unplayable without washing.

- Content has been added, bugs have been fixed, and more GM's have joined the team so getting help is faster than when I first joined. I think it has improved in the short time since I joined, for sure.

- Other choices to endgame grinding, especially for ranged classes as it's pretty much non-existant. Maybe more exp or slightly better bonus from PQ's so that they're more populated. PQ's were probably my favorite thing from older MS, and it would help people meet new friends easier.

- Honestly the best server I've played on. Everyone is so friendly and helpful and the team is doing really phenomenal work! <3

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. yogurtseller

yogurtseller Mixed Golem

Nov 28, 2017
    wholesomeABG
    Shadower
    December 2018 -> December 2020 = 2 years

GTop

Just wanted to pass the time over winter break between semesters at uni. Wasn't really expecting much besides a way to pass the time.

Joining an awesome guild and making friends.

Yep. I want to hit level 200 eventually, finish my monsterbook ring, run pink bean at least once, and self chaos a decent cape :).

i. COMMUNITY: I like how there's a wholesome community vibe to the majority of the community. I might be in the minority here, but I equally love seeing innovative and efficient gameplay coming out of the top players (hammer mules, DEX buccs, 4 client leech, barrage stun locks, barrel cancels, taunt mules, etc).
    ii. Balance: I like how classes are pretty well balanced, and any buffs/nerfs are given lots of consideration, and this is evidenced in the balance change notes. I might not necessarily agree with all changes, but it's great to see that things aren't changed on a whim.
    iii. Completed content: There's just so much finished and released content in legends for so many level ranges. PQs, bosses, map expansions, etc. Everything is very well polished and bug free as well. Many of the servers I've played on were riddled with bugs and workarounds, but Legends is so much more polished that no other servers can compare.
    iv. Washing: Ways to bridge the HP gap outside of washing. I really like that AP resets are untradable, and very slowly accumulate through voting. I found on other servers that if AP resets are abundant and tradable, there's much much more pressure to HP wash ridiculous amounts.

I dislike that legendary tiered items are primarily locked behind RNG, and earning mesos is primarily through mage farming. Many bosses are also slowly losing their value because it's not worth it to run anymore (HT, krex, zak, scarga, CWKPQ).

Definitely. There's been so many great changes in the past two years. HD resolution, pink bean, CWKPQ, removal of cash shop gach, lag fixes, emergence of boat glitch OnionMuha i mean haha what

I'd like to see quest ring added, and adjusting some bosses to provide higher incentive to run (horntail, krexel).

I hope the halloween ring/raffle format becomes a staple for all events

This server is probably one of the best games I've played ever and I've met so many awesome people from it. I think devs should take a break once in a while from coding novel events and straight up recycle previous events that were well responded.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. 정영우

정영우 Snail

Nov 14, 2020
    Male
    5:28 PM
    Beginner

• Like Like x 2
  19. iccqqq

iccqqq Dark Stone Golem

Jun 8, 2020
    Male
    10:28 AM
    Hero
    from an old EMS forum
    was expecting a simple replica of oldschool maple
    drive to do everything i didnt have the chance to do in oldschool maple back in the day(exploring every part of the game)
    becoming the NR 1 best AXE HERO in the game
    unique retouches of certain aspects of the game, nice events, dedicated admins
    leech and hp washing, slight tweak to either would be sweet
    yeah i think so
    what i would really like to see is more toying with the numbers or even reworking certain skills in the game(skills that are useless and not only),modifying attack speed and watk/matk from certain weapons, maybe new partyquests, better rewards from partyquest and hopefully a change to hp washing and leech
    AXE BUFF :tick::tick::tick::tick::tick::tick::tick::tick::tick::tick::tick::tick::tick::tick::tick::tick::tick::tick:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Dyna

Dyna Horny Mushroom

Oct 9, 2015
    Behind you, watching your every move
    Dyna
    Bishop
    Demure

GTOP100

Playing Maplestory the way it was back in 2008/2009 and trying all the PQ's again.

The guild wars going on between the 4 big guilds we had back then and just the overall drama and trolling in the community.

Not really at the moment.

Well I used to like the community but not so much anymore.

- The leech meta even though its tricky because thats basically what original Maple was too.
    - End game content feels really easy at the moment. (I remember people saying that if PB was going to be added it was going to take months if not years before this server could clear it) not sure if the bosses are just undertuned or the current players are more tryhard than I could ever imagine.

For me? No.
    For the e-dating butterfly couples? Probably.

Not sure if its possible but having a 2nd server (fresh start) would be nice.
    The race to be the first (guild) to achieve a certain goal is always a great motivation for players.

Remind me why I've been banned from the discord for like 3 years because I know I troll sometimes but I dont remember doing anything that bad honestly.
    Just tryna sell my bow fam :c

• Agree Agree x 3