1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

SP resets, what's the deal with them?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by TWW, Dec 12, 2020.

Tags:

Should you be able to reset points into a lower skill tree from a higher one?

1. Yes

28 vote(s)
    87.5%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    3.1%
  3. Fuck you

3 vote(s)
    9.4%
  1. TWW

TWW Pink Teddy

Dec 12, 2020
    Male
    Cleaveland
    3:46 AM
    TheWhiteWolf
    Hero
    Misfits
    I'd appreciate it if you could reset points from a higher skill tree into a lower one. I was actually shocked to see that you could only reset into the same skill tree you were pulling the point out of. And as a Hero, shout is (almost) useless AND so is shield mastery, they're both a complete waste of resources and I would honestly rather put points into axe mastery (waiting for that inevitable A.X.E buff, right? )) Or even lower the prices of SP resets (3.8k for 3rd job and 5.1k for 4th job seems outrageous, seeing as how they BOTH cost more than an AP reset...)
    Thanks.
    [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    9:46 AM
    Moderator Post
    Want to know how much they cost when they were still vanilla price?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    TWW

TWW Pink Teddy

Dec 12, 2020
    Male
    Cleaveland
    TheWhiteWolf
    Hero
    Misfits
    Yeah... I know, the prices were insane. I'm just more irritated with the fact that you can't put points into more useful skills. Don't like the idea that you can put fresh SP into an earlier skill from a later class then wash it out later. If you never did that, those SP points are gone :/
    But on the bright side my maxed shield mastery skill gives a whopping 5 weapon defense increase on my stolen fence! YIPPY!!

4. KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    KurayamiLove/Nagrom/Amatista
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    Perhaps my memory is wrong but I rmb you could use skill points from a higher jon into a lower one with these resets, I think I saw this when I SP reset my DK after power crash became good; but well perhaps as I said my meory is a bit bad.
    Btw dont feel bad about this but altho I afree I voted fuck you cos that was to tempting of an offer, rawr.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. OP
    OP
    TWW

TWW Pink Teddy

Dec 12, 2020
    Male
    Cleaveland
    TheWhiteWolf
    Hero
    Misfits
    Appreciate the feedback and the 'fuck you'. I feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    KurayamiLove/Nagrom/Amatista
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    Is common to ppl beinf fuck to feel something warm inside.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Voxtagrams

Voxtagrams Headless Horseman

Jun 13, 2020
    12:46 AM
    That was from an event that the original MapleStory did it was a scroll that reset everything from all jobs then you would reapply them to whatever you wanted. https://www.hidden-street.net/gms/quest/revamp-celebration-sp-reset-scroll-0 but all classes ere able to get it not only bowmans, they did this because Final Attack screwed them over forcing a 'Final Attack' causing them to get hit and possibly die.

EDIT: There were also events called "Hot Time" that released them out as
    well
    00IHs-3ed6a886-4df4-464e-8ecb-68d331327db8.png
    1031fdjhr43.jpg

The light blue one is AP reset (resets everything to the point the character has 4/4/4/4) https://global.hidden-street.net/items/etc/ap-reset-scroll
    The golden one is SP reset (resets everything to the point the character had in any skill) https://global.hidden-street.net/items/etc/sp-reset-scroll

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. iccqqq

iccqqq Dark Stone Golem

Jun 8, 2020
    Male
    10:46 AM
    Hero
    I agree with TWW :kiss:

• Like Like x 1
  9. Aesop

Aesop Orange Mushroom Retired Staff

Jul 8, 2020
    Female
    Aesop
    Hero
    Saying that Shout is useless is not entirely fair, the damage is definitely a meme but even at level 17x I find it useful for stunning flying mobs, it's comes in handy in NTPQ (trying to drop the device when the mobs auto-aggro), in cwkpq when I try to keep the spawns contained and in JC when it spawns mini-JCs.
    If eventually axe heros get buffed (which is unlikely) there would probably be some sort of a solution for AP resets considering how unfair it is to 4th job heroes.
    About Shield Mastery, you could just scroll a Crossheider :^) jk pls don't~
    Or just enjoy the benefits of maxed Guardian, it's a pretty huge benefit to have it in boss runs.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  10. iccqqq

iccqqq Dark Stone Golem

Jun 8, 2020
    Male
    Hero
    axes WILL get buffed and sword heroes WILL NOT get any sp resets.
    :cigar::cigar::cigar::cigar::cigar:

11. Voxtagrams

Voxtagrams Headless Horseman

Jun 13, 2020
    12:46 AM
    :think:

12. OP
    OP
    TWW

TWW Pink Teddy

Dec 12, 2020
    Male
    Cleaveland
    TheWhiteWolf
    Hero
    Misfits
    I only found shout useful for killing low level mobs during events (for candies or ice boxes). When it comes to stunning flying mobs, they usually get stunned and fall to the bottom of the map for what seems like an ETERNITY. I actually find it easier to just kill them.
    And guardian is a GREAT skill (unless it activates while you're facing your party members, like in scar where it pushes the boss left when you're trying to keep it pinned right...god I hope that doesn't work on PB.)