1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

General items drop rate thread

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by Kimmy, Jan 30, 2015.

1. welch123

welch123 King Slime

Nov 4, 2017
    Male
    New York, NY
    2:52 PM
    nucky, Jacinda
    please take out the "balance" where mage aoe attacks result in much lower drop rates

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    11:52 AM
    Marchilles/Annolis/ Atlan/Katroz/ Chokal/Corvack/Tisif/ Quallo/Crisilixin/Forg/ Nannosh/Tylius
    Crusader, White Knight, Dragon Knight, F/P Mage, I/L Mage, Priest, Ranger, Sniper, Hermit, Chief Bandit, Marauder, Outlaw
    Eternals
    I usually max Chicken before Duck. You're lucky!

3. Jaewonnie

Jaewonnie Capt. Latanica

Apr 21, 2020
    Crimsonwood Mountain: Cavern of Pain
    PAWGChamp
    Buccaneer
    My experience was that chickens were the easiest, then ducks, and then sheeps. I think I passed by 10 extra chicken cards before I finished sheep...RNG of hell of a drug

4. Appleaters

Appleaters Slime

Aug 9, 2017
    Shadower
    I think that's just RNG going on - I got like 10 chicken cards before I finished either of Sheep or Duck

5. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    Marchilles/Annolis/ Atlan/Katroz/ Chokal/Corvack/Tisif/ Quallo/Crisilixin/Forg/ Nannosh/Tylius
    Crusader, White Knight, Dragon Knight, F/P Mage, I/L Mage, Priest, Ranger, Sniper, Hermit, Chief Bandit, Marauder, Outlaw
    Eternals
    Sheep are far easier than the rest. In order, I would say...
    Sheep
    Goat
    Chicken
    Ox
    Cow
    Black Goat
    Duck

When I do collect the cards, I go in the following order:
    Ox & Cow
    Black Goat
    Duck & Chicken
    - chances are, if you go in that order, you'll have already gotten your Goat & Sheep cards due to overlap on the maps.

6. Jaewonnie

Jaewonnie Capt. Latanica

Apr 21, 2020
    Crimsonwood Mountain: Cavern of Pain
    PAWGChamp
    Buccaneer
    Interesting. I only did the map left of Shanghai cuz the other maps had spawns that were too sparse for me to care (except pog centipede).

7. Dawnie

Dawnie Mushmom

Nov 19, 2016
    Female
    Malaysia
    2:52 AM
    Dawnielle, DirtySoul
    Night Lord
    Heaven
    Okay, now that i tried. Black goat is definitely hard. Low spawn, mix mobs, hard drops. request to look into it D: KimberlyKimberly

8. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    Eternals
    Focus on the Ox and Cow first - you may get some Black Goat cards in the mixed map. After that, go to the right at the 3-way fork until you reach the NPC, and that's the best place to farm Black Goat cards. Avoid platforms that have mobs to sets you already have (like the Sheep).

9. Hchaos

Hchaos Slime

Nov 29, 2020
    Male
    Hchaos
    Bishop
    Stepbros
    idk if anyone else hunts Wind raiders storm breakers and the other badge dropping mobs but it seems to me that the rate they drop badges are really low compare to GMS they seem to be taking long time for me to get the badges from them

10. 3ricchan3

3ricchan3 Slime

Mar 31, 2017
    Male
    Please look into increasing the drop rate of "[Storybook] Burning Book of Fire", nobody really hunts Griffey so there's not many on the market from people randomly getting one. I was at Area of Red Kentaurus for over 2 hrs, got 8 cards, 5 gach tix, 45 Christmas boxes, and still no burning book.

11. Myungsoo

Myungsoo Slimy

Apr 10, 2020
    Male
    8:52 PM
    Robinn
    Crossbowman
    Jr. Necki monster book drop rate seems off. I have finished both Octopus and Jr. Wraith in maps full of Jr. Necki but not a single monsterbook drop to be found.

12. Healer

Healer Windraider

Apr 26, 2015
    Male
    9:52 PM
    Well then you should try Jr. Boogie, now that's low . To be honest Jr. Necki is quite fast.

13. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    Eternals
    Bad luck is not a bug. Try hunting Jr. Necki in the Swamp of Jr. Necki.

I've done 12 sets of Jr. Boogie. I attest - you are absolutely correct, sir!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    The recent changes to to Crimson Balrog spawn rate made it pretty ridiculous for farming cards.
    Across a week of boat rides (~20-30) I've only seen one Crimson Balrogs spawn, and they didn't even drop a card.

15. NatteHond

NatteHond Skelosaurus

Apr 10, 2015
    Male
    What did they change to their spawn rate?
    Also, maybe set aside some time to ride the boat back and forth, that's how I finished my set (took about an hour for 3 cards).

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    I @gm'd when I saw 0 Crimson Balrogs across about 10 total boat rides back and forth during my mages' Meteor and Blizzard quests earlier this week on the chance the spawns were broken. I was responded to saying they lowered the spawn rates on Crimson Balrogs in a previous patch. Since then, I've been going back and forth leeching my noobs between Vic Island and Mu Lung and have been spacing my noobs out on different channels to check rate. I've only seen 1 so far out of ~30 rides.

I used to be able to get most of my Crimson Balrog cards in the past between the 3rd and 4th job advancements and skillbook quests, so I'm no stranger to hunting for Crimson Balrogs. It seems like they lowered the spawn chance from 50% to like 10%.

17. whatdatoast

whatdatoast Windraider

Apr 9, 2020
    whatdatoast
    Bowman
    Are you only waiting for the 4 min mark? I think they changed it so it spawns at different times now.

• Like Like x 1
  18. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    No, I've been riding through entire ride since I'm using it for travel.

19. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    So many I keep forgetting
    Can confirm Rog spawn rate on the boats was absolutely nuked, I have barely seen any over the past month.

20. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    I just saw two spawn on separate channels, so I'm guessing it's just a streak of bad RNG.
    Still, I don't really see why there was a need to lower the spawn rate.

Edit: After going through many more boat rides to do the chair event quest, it seems like the rate has been readjusted again to ~50%, or I was getting REALLY REALLY unlucky before...