1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Timeless/Reverse Weapons Balancing Issue

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by cyeoh1120, Oct 31, 2020.

1. Alden

Alden Slime

May 13, 2020
    Male
    9:27 AM
    Supply and demand isnt the only factor on why pieces of time are dropping. There is almost no reason to craft a Reverse now , when PB is already being farmed by the top tier players. Timeless EQ will be flooding the market , thus , its a better idea to hold on to your dragon/NT weapon , and upgrade to Timeless instead of a Reverse.

Unless there is a nerf to timeless or a buff to reverse , this is just going to be the way it is..

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. MeatSlam

MeatSlam Mushmom

Apr 2, 2020
    Male
    7:27 PM
    MeatSlam
    Page
    I'll concede I was wrong about the prices. However a major reason I was wrong is as others have said timeless weapons are much easier to get then anticipated. Why would people even bother crafting reverse when they can buy timeless? I figured PB wouldn't be as easy or would drop much less but was definitely wrong in that regard.

Also once again the price of NT etcs had nothing to do with natural supply and demand. They buffed the drop rate. Prices literally went from 50m to 10-15m in 1 week (speaking from personal experience).

The meta has shifted away from NT which isn't necessarily a bad thing. NT was/is still a joke more or less. You kill 20 bosses and might get 1 drop worth 10-20m that is split between multiple people. The optimal way to do it is bring as many mules as possible (10-20) so you can get max coins. I'm surprised NT has lasted in its current form for so long. I really hope they fix it in the future but can't say I'm sad about it becoming less relevant(although I do understand people with perfect NT weapons being mad).

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    cyeoh1120

cyeoh1120 King Slime

Jul 29, 2020
    9:27 PM
    MapleBoy
    I/L Arch Mage
    GucciGang
    I do not think you guys understand how the supply/demand graph works.

Definition:
    - Demand: the desire of purchasers, consumers, clients, employers, etc., for a particular commodity, service, or other item.
    - Supply: make (something needed or wanted) available to someone; provide.

Demand for a(n) item/service does not always stay at the same point, it fluctuates depending on various factors (i.e.: emotions, news, etc.), hence you do not see the item that you bought 10 years ago selling at the same price today. Same goes with supply, it is not stagnant.

You said that demand is brought down due to Timeless weapons (killing PB) are much easier to obtain than we initially thought. That is essentially what I meant by the movement of supply/demand graph. Supply increases slightly, demand drops significantly, hence the price drops significantly in such a short period of time. Many players with common knowledge of how economic works already foresee this happening (although not this soon). Even if PB isn't able to be brought down today, the price will eventually fall to the current price. Why? Because the fall of PB currently is just a catalyst to expedite the fall on demand (i.e.: same as how COVID-19 expedite the growth of e-commerce market). It is the growth catalyst, not the cause itself, because eventually people will be able to bring down PB as more and more perfect weapons are made.

History repeats itself, like the examples below were very profitable in the past (prices at a year ago):
    1. HT Books (MW20 - 350m; Gen30 - 150m; Bliz30 - 50m)
    2. NT etcs. (50m+)
    3. Zakum helmet service (It was already a meme a year ago)
    4. Scar/Targa helmet service (Scar - 25m; Targa - 40m)
    5. HTP + egg service (70m)
    6. Leeching service (skeles/petris: 9-11m/hr split)

More players in ML = more competitors. In ML, none of our products/services have any economic moat, hence it is going to be more and more price competitive as more and more players get access to end-game contents. Therefore, I am 100% sure that it will eventually fall to the current price even without the current catalyst.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. ShadowRealm

ShadowRealm Chronos

Jun 18, 2018
    6:27 PM
    Shadower
    Option 3 isn't really a suggestion, because in reality, Reverse and Timeless equips by default have always become untradeable once equipped, same as GMS. Because this is not a v0.83 server, implementation on these isn't there yet.

And welcome to power creep... I feel like reverse/timeless are fine as it is. They have a level 120 requirement with more secondary stats needed but Reverse/Timeless equips are meant to be stronger.
    More importantly, getting "said" max att requires even more luck compared to dragon weps and nt weps to get a max +6 att from reverse or +10 att from timeless. But also rng luck from getting +2 additional attack. Its not as easy as it looks it is very difficult to get max att from reverse/timeless.

5. Shivering

Shivering Wolfspider

Mar 9, 2018
    Shivering
    I/L Arch Mage
    You don't really need anywhere close to +max att for a reverse/timeless to be better than dragon or NT weapons though.

6. ShadowRealm

ShadowRealm Chronos

Jun 18, 2018
    Shadower
    Even if you don't get the max att, lets say you get +3 from reverse and +6 from timeless you get total on all item level ups, it is still not easy to achieve either...
    Getting a max att NT claw is much easier than getting +3 from item level ups alongside +2 from rngesus claw. Timeless is prob even harder now you get 5x level ups.

Which is why its fine tbh.