1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Information Christmas 2020 Balance Changes [Explained]

Discussion in 'Update Notes' started by Nise, Dec 20, 2020.

1. joota

joota Mr. Anchor Retired Staff

Jul 13, 2019
    5:11 AM
    Buccaneer
    Freelancer

Original shaolin mobs for reference (note the jumpy bois)

• Great Work Great Work x 4
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. thedgafclub

thedgafclub Timer

Sep 23, 2019
    Female
    thedgafclub
    Shadower
    Beaters
    ??? So Ice/Lightning mages are just fucked now?

Given that Fire/Poison mages have a lot more attack than I/L mages (ex. 1-hitting Petris much sooner with a much lower TMA requirement), are we just rendering I/Ls completely useless? What's the point of having "Ice" in Ice/Lightning if the only mobs that endgame mages multi-hit don't freeze?

Also...everyone that abused and hoarded multiple channels of Shaolin maps...and recorded all of your earnings are omegalol.

• Agree Agree x 19
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. RegalStar

RegalStar Nightshadow

Sep 23, 2019
    Male
    8:11 AM
    DMsRebirth
    They can't jump if they're frozen

4. aaronis

aaronis Slimy

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Shadower
    Beaters
    it’s ok ice lightnings still have elemental advantage at ob4 and can chain lightning pin nameless, they aren’t a meme like old fps yet

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. cglavatchi

cglavatchi Mano

Jul 3, 2017
    Male
    Magician, Brawler, Marauder
    Love all the i/l leech sellers crying LOOOL

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    Some SOLID mage nerfs, these were pretty much expected. However, the thing that probably hurts normal players (the ones that don't multiclient mages) would be shoalin monsters jumping.

Of course we have to see how it ends up working out. If there is still a safespot left on the map it should end out okay.

Removing the freeze effect alone makes it pretty much not feasible to control multiple mages. Was making ultimates unable to be macro'd and shoalin monsters jump also needed?

Thank you for bringing back mannequin, but I have a feeling that this is going to be something short lived.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. PandaOnPanda

PandaOnPanda Timer

Jun 29, 2019
    PandaOn___
    Paladin, I/L Arch Mage, Corsair
    Homies
    good luck at 7f without a safe spot for your mules

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
  8. thedgafclub

thedgafclub Timer

Sep 23, 2019
    Female
    thedgafclub
    Shadower
    Beaters
    Is it a bad thing to be a leech seller? If there's a demand, there's a supply. Especially in a server where you can no longer consider HP washing optional if you're trying to enjoy end-game content (PB).

As someone who's a casual player with only one Arch Mage and not 4 mages hoarding 2 channels at Shaolin, this kinda fucks up my only source of income (along with many others).

• Agree Agree x 16
  9. Huiae

Huiae Headless Horseman

Aug 1, 2015
    Female
    Seoul, Korea
    9:11 PM
    Verdict
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    FPs are meme from start of ML, due to FM gassing, but haven't been meme for damage.
    Remember that FP was 1st autobanned class which was hitting cap dmg too much and made cap 200k from 100k.

• Agree Agree x 4
  10. Huiae

Huiae Headless Horseman

Aug 1, 2015
    Female
    Seoul, Korea
    9:11 PM
    Verdict
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    Shaolin isn't only way to get $. I actually haven't grinded even single hour in shaolin and i'm living well.

11. Pundit

Pundit Pink Teddy

Jun 5, 2018
    Male
    liljer
    Bowman
    Homies
    This raises an important point: the language of the original post says “Shaolin Temple Monsters” can jump. Does this include the Malevolent Laser Fish ??? If so, I cower in fear.

• Funny Funny x 12
    • Great Work Great Work x 2
  12. ColdHearts

ColdHearts Slime

May 25, 2017
    Male
    Heartbroken
    Bowmaster
    Give mages back their SI then. What's the purpose of balancing if you nerf one thing and not add a benefit to balance it?

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. nomilk

nomilk Slime

Apr 18, 2019
    NoMilk
    Night Lord
    Beaters
    Why isn't 7f nerfed to the same extent as 5-6? There are cleave classes that get more eph than the best 5-6 leechers and some classes cannot grind at 7f. This heavily favors the classes who can grind efficiently at 7f while punishing those classes who cannot.
    My solution before this patch was to train and get an arch mage so I could leech my attacker class (which is more effort in itself than making a class that can cleave naturally in 7f, all while getting less EPH), but now that is off the table. This essentially forces some classes to constantly have to do content and camp area bosses while other classes can get away training in one map.

Also, any word on Dunas exp?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  14. cglavatchi

cglavatchi Mano

Jul 3, 2017
    Male
    Magician, Brawler, Marauder
    You still have other places to sell leech that dont require freezing where mages can still 1 hit. Also there is gach!

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  15. thedgafclub

thedgafclub Timer

Sep 23, 2019
    Female
    thedgafclub
    Shadower
    Beaters
    Petri leech is still available, yes, but it's so much more difficult to find buyers and the EXP gain is so much worse. Oblivion 4 is an option but nobody really buys leech from there. Maybe they will eventually when more people do ToT for PB, but... At this point it just seems smarter to make an FP to abuse mist training through early levels, 1H everything faster, and not have as bad of a Shaolin nerf omegalul.

• Agree Agree x 5
  16. ShadowRealm

ShadowRealm Chronos

Jun 18, 2018
    Shadower
    imagine 2021 spring balance patch
    -Shaolin mobs are resistance to fire and poison because i/l are made they can't freeze mobs so they need equality for f/p to share the pain. KEKW

17. JDPJHC

JDPJHC Mixed Golem

Aug 6, 2017
    JDPJHC
    Hero
    Summer
    I wish that the people crying for nerfs of I/Ls would just shut up and put in the work to make an I/L.
    Same for those that cry about Shaolin. Why not just put in the same work as everyone else to achieve the same thing?
    Why do the GM's support this crybaby mentality and not support the ones that put in the work LOL
    The only people that wanted 5-6 nerfs were the ones that only have a bishop and cant find partners kekW.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. Shivering

Shivering Wolfspider

Mar 9, 2018
    Shivering
    I/L Arch Mage

Why do people only use the it used to be like this when it’s convenient for them? Did these mobs also used to be immune to freeze? In this version of the game were mage ults unable to be macrod?

• Agree Agree x 6
  19. iPippy

iPippy Nightshadow

May 19, 2019
    Male
    iPippy
    I am inclined to agree with the sentiment of ice being no longer worth the damage loss as an element. Obv4 is nowhere near viable enough to be good in comparison to what new shaolin will still likely put out.

I'd rather see some discussion into the design of the classes and elements as a whole. In the current design, fire simply has a flat 20 basic attack higher than comparative ice skills (to trade-off for ability to freeze). With loss of Freezing in shaolin, the debuff on mobs with ultimate abilities is relevant in... ulu3? Anything else is better served one-shot, something that meteor (and the fire element as a whole) easily come out on top. Even if they had the same strength, iirc fire has more relevant enemies that that are weak than ice (though neither have enough to cry foul either way).

A flat 20 att boost to fire skills just feels like a bandaid solution centered around ultimate play rather than the class as a whole. In theory (assuming I used the right formulas) demons have similar damage output to corresponding ultimates, with fire demon being slightly stronger than meteor and ice demon being weaker than blizz due to the flat 20 att boost on skills with different cast speeds.

With the only real downside to ultimates being negated in Legends (the mp cost), it completely overshadows other useful skills and over-centralizes the class. For skills with such a large area of effect, why are they also still the strongest option in any non 1v1 scenario?

To call for change would likely be met with hate, but as-is, the balance of mages is all over the place and cant be fixed with ultimates as strong as they are covering so much area. We're throwing out an entire, unique skillset to preserve "muh leech". And all attempts at "balance" are only with leech in mind.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  20. Tate

Tate Capt. Latanica

Apr 16, 2020
    New Zealand
    1:11 AM
    Potayto
    Shadower
    Beaters
    • Funny Funny x 3