1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

My Feedback on Christmas Event 2020

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dance, Dec 22, 2020.

1. Dance

Dance Stone Golem

Dec 21, 2020
    Male
    Fiore
    2:54 AM
    Beginner
    It's my first time participating in any MapleLegends Christmas event ever and from first impression, I'm really enjoying it. I like how low-level players also get benefits while high-players do as well. Most servers I look at in the GTOP 100 website rush the Christmas event in order to lure people and once you get there, all they have is some Christmas maps, a daily quests event npc, and mobs dropping event currency to trade in for items in a shop.

You guys took extra steps and included nx drops, low-level equips to help us with on our journey like "Christmas Candy" (Recovers 50% of HP and MP), "Rudolph's Toy Hat" (Upgradable and scrolls for it), new design for the mob "slime", while also encouraging the community to come together with gifting presents and decorating Christmas trees.

Also, when I entered MapleLegends, I see tons of smegas helping each other out already with what NPCs to talk to for the presents. It wasn't just people that spoke English, it was literally any region and guilds. No one was stingy and kept the information for the present NPCs to themselves, maybe some, but 99.4% of them were open and I think a couple of people made spreadsheets as well, keep in mind, no one asked them to do this, it's out of their own energy. (this also applies to guides and help/advice in general)

Furthermore, before you guys launched the server, there were so much feedback on the patches and all that, a lot of criticism and some interesting. Don't be scared that they're doing this, the fact people are talking about certain stuff in the patch notes regardless if they're angry is a good thing for your server. They care about the server so much, they would type all this information for it to get to the staff. If they didn't care about the server, no one would say anything about anything on the changes and before you know it, classes and mobs would be all over the place with skill and mob changes.

Most of them might just continue playing with a whatever attitude and/or go to another server if they didn't care about server changes in terms of gameplay. The fact people are giving you criticism and interesting replies is because they care about the server. Best Example: The player "Shivering". He means no harm, he cares a lot about the server and was giving comments on what he thinks is happening and what he thinks should be done. Yes, I rather have people say that than do nothing at all, that's how you know the server is alive.

Some people only considered the server is "dead" because it's dead for themselves not for everyone. I understand where their assumption is coming from though. It's because PQs probably lack rewards they're not interested in and/or people aren't showing up to do party quests because certain training maps just tend to give EXP at a better rate. The only thing anyone can really do right now is suggest to/talk to/listen to/look to the staff for what happens next in the future for party quests and/or any map in general.

As far I'm concerned, forums are active, discord sections such as general, leeches, freemarket, questions, and support are active. The in-game details such as the free market place and training maps are active as well.

These are the game changers. I love rewards, but this is what MapleLegends is based off of. Only reason why I play low-versions is not just to experience old maplestory, but to experience it with players, you barely get this type of player-base in higher versions cause everyone cares about your dps/damage/hp and PQs start to disappear once you add lots of channels and have a high exp rate. I guarantee you if you look at the "reboot" streamers in any region right now, they are so dead inside on stream it is insane cause all they can really do is grind because PQs are so non-existent since the game changed a lot. The community event and "filling in with items to gift to fellow maplers" are big factors for me in a social server.

If you ever try to say something ugly on forums, you're making yourself look bad and actually complimenting the server, you care so much that you would say something out of the ordinary, and to be honest, you're wasting your time, can't get that shit back. The people that defend the server are the ones that don't use any insults/flames/roasts and dark words. Best Example: Blu301 handled one of the people in a "Shadower Post" about the skill "Assassinate" very well, he didn't have to use any derogatory terms against that one guy, all he said was what the skill can be changed to and then added near the end of his post, "it's annoying that you just want to make it a joke instead of actually adding any value to the discussion". Simple and straight-forward response.

Do not input any "Community Moderator" though or anything like that because people will start faking to get that type of symbol/rank/badge/role and no one will be able to tell if they're doing it cause they want to be helpful or posers. Remember, all it takes is "one" player to make a difference for everyone. Best Example: Nerfing Alishar's level in order for more players to participate in ludibrium pq early on without having to grind to a certain level to consider themselves "useful"' for damage and accuracy. The forum name "Pixel" was the original poster for the "Lower Alishar's Avoidability" topic.

Thank you to all the staff members for working hard. Fun Fact: The staff members you see on forums are no where near the amount of people that work on the server off it. I discovered that awhile ago. Check the credits for the Christmas Event 2020 Original Post, MapleLegends has staff members that I didn't even know about cause they're busy a lot with the server rather than being on the forums.

Also, it costs money to run the server, so at least be grateful you're not paying real $ for some dumb shit like [VIP Status] and/or [Donor Status] that give stupid buffs and also not playing in a very sensitive server (we all know) that bans people for anything at all.

Finally, staff members like: "Zerakai", "Snoozey", "Serin", "shot", "Wyndham" and probably a few others in the official Discord Server are people that are rarely seen posting and/or talking to others on the forums cause they're designers and coders. Merry Christmas and Happy New Years to everyone!

My Most Favorite Things About The Event

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Friendly Friendly x 14
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Mirrors

Mirrors Zakum Retired Staff

Jul 15, 2019
    Female
    Mirrors
    WeenieHutJrs
    this is such a lovely post it brought a tear to my eye!! thank you~

[​IMG]

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  3. whatdatoast

whatdatoast Windraider

Apr 9, 2020
    whatdatoast
    Bowman
    While we're at it, I think the present sharing mechanic is so thematic and really encourages people to work together to farm. So thank you (pasta I assume?) for implementing it; it seemed like it took a bit of work to make it happen! Probably my favorite part of the event so far.

No doubt we're gunna find people who abuse it a ton and there's going to be some rebalance maintenance soon, but a wonderful idea to introduce!!!

• Agree Agree x 1