1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

The real reason staff nerfed shaolin/ IL mages

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Selquin, Dec 22, 2020.

Why do you want 1hour HT timer?

1. To manage the declining HT book prices

5 vote(s)
    8.6%
  2. To make HT challenging endgame content again

17 vote(s)
    29.3%
  3. For the pleasure of knowing that new players will have their enjoyment of the game diminished

36 vote(s)
    62.1%
  1. Selquin

Selquin Headless Horseman

May 28, 2018
    7:03 PM
    Serperior
    Bowmaster, Night Lord, Buccaneer
    Pasta
  2. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    2:03 AM
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Yea pretty sure it's to make the game less enjoyable.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. JDPJHC

JDPJHC Mixed Golem

Aug 6, 2017
    9:03 PM
    JDPJHC
    Hero
    Summer
    At least reduce timer to 1hr 30minutes. Theres no reason to take longer than that for any dragon

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  4. Voxtagrams

Voxtagrams Headless Horseman

Jun 13, 2020
    6:03 PM
    How is For the pleasure of knowing that new players will have their enjoyment of the game diminished relevant to shaolin/ IL mages.

A new player doesn't have to make an Ice/Lightning they can make whatever they want.

The same goes for To manage the declining HT book prices I don't think that really matters?

Why would they change a boss to make it "To make HT challenging endgame content again" if other jobs would do the same thing towards the boss?

What I'm reading here is
    "Staff don't like ice/Lightning Mages so they nerfed them"

Staff also play Ice/Lightning mages? Staff are also players on the game, they probably also don't like the change but things needed to be done?

Personally for me i don't like the removal of FMA(Full Map Attack) from Macro that i used with @mapowner and who knows why they removed it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Enchanted

Enchanted Blue Snail

Apr 10, 2020
    Magician
    While they’re at it lets lower Zakum timer to 15 minutes too

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. aaronis

aaronis Slimy

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Shadower
    Beaters
    i want 12 hour timer so my boy ZooploopZooploop can achieve his lifelong goal of soloing the dragon

• Like Like x 1
  7. OP
    OP
    Selquin

Selquin Headless Horseman

May 28, 2018
    7:03 PM
    Serperior
    Bowmaster, Night Lord, Buccaneer
    Pasta
    Don't worry we are campaigning for that next, but one step at a time.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Slime

Slime Pixel Artist Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2015
    Male
    Israel
    3:03 AM
    Slime / OmokTeacher
    Beginner
    Flow
    You misunderstood the poll, I don't blame you, this thread is confusing. Read the title, and then the first post, and then the question above the poll. The poll is actually not about Shaolin.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    KurayamiLove/Nagrom/Amatista
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    Spending more time farming items than killing the boss? I'm all in.
    Also neeeding more runers and having less books on the market would increase the price of book, keep the same or lower the profits of individual runers and everyone would get less exp:[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    Nerfing mages is always a good thing.
    After all they are filthy, they gotta get nerfed.

11. Discor

Discor Slimy

Nov 29, 2017
    Male
    I/L Arch Mage
    NANI
    i think it is meant as a joke but it made me sad and my day is ruined....
    why do mages get so much hate ? i never see people say we should nerf NL or Bowman because they do so much DPM, or lets nerf warriors they have to much HP...
    CMON MAN.... LEAVE MAGES ALONE :cry::cry::cry::cry:

12. Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    At least they don't have full map scale dmg skills!11!!!

NEVER FILTHY MAGES REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
    [​IMG]

Dare I remind : My Paladin HH got nerfed because of pepegas abusing HH in HT runs... I went from 80m eph at Shaolin to like 25-30m... even if shaolin got nerfed more... I would give no fuck about it all because my char got shit nerfed to eternity

13. Voxtagrams

Jun 13, 2020
    ?

Theres plenty of posts that ask to nerf Night Lords and Warriors and even Bowmans... Bowmasters can Alt+Tab with Hurricane and go AFK or swap to another client and have it still use Hurricane, and its not even considered "Paper-Weight Botting" theres posts asking to buff Paladins and to "revert" SI to mages or even buff their skill speed.

Mages get a lot of hate because they have INT and people HP/MP wash with INT and their items are expensive, they get to sell leech because they have FMA(Full Map Attack) while others don't have one..

fritzpudfritzpud has a lot of reasons for example.. I haven't seen them around anymore at all in forums or even in game and that makes me sad they used to be a guildmate, quite active in forums and if asked for help for the smallest of things they would be there to assist.

When I needed help for HTPQ etcs they were there, when I asked where should i train at what level what should or where should I be at this point in the game they would reply whether or not they played that class or not.

Even when they hated the class that I was playing (Bishop, Night Lord) they still helped out, having anything to hate about mages would be

1. INT equips and having to wash (Just annoying but its there, I still like it though makes the game fun.. for me anyways.)

2. They make mesos super easy compared to other jobs because of the ability to sell leech. (basically just playing the game, passively making mesos.)

SREtzTl.gif

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. Discor

Discor Slimy

Nov 29, 2017
    Male
    I/L Arch Mage
    NANI
    oh sorry to hear that....well now your criticism has a point, :mad:LETS BURN IT ALL DOWN TO ASHES!!!:mad:

well if leech is the problem I have a great proposition: we should heavily lower party exp, lets say by half, and if someone in the party does not kill a monster at least once a minute he gets no exp.
    BOOM FIXED leech problems:shamemb:.

and I have even more great ideas :
    1) we should be able to create characters at top lvl (200) from the start like in "wow", solved the grinding maps problem, you do not need good grinding maps if you do not need to grind.
    2)we should make every character's skill do full map scale dmg with flat dmg on all characters no matter what gear you have, you cannot hate mages if all characters are the same character.
    3)we leave only NX gear available, if there is no gear there is no need for mesos or gear and you can't be mad someone is more efficient at getting it than you.
    4)instead of the first proposition we can make the server share exp and meso gain like a huge party mandatory party for the whole server, so if someone puts extra work and effort you get to have free exp and meso, because you deserve free stuff without any effort, and it will solve leech problem.
    I feel amazing looks at all those great ideas above, they are not the best but I feel they are fear to all classes and will DEFINITELY not make the game boring and meaningless for sure.

p.s the post is meant to be a sarcastic went, please do not take it at face value, I just get so tired when I see a post saying that we need to nerf the only good thing mages have (an all map damaging AOE attack).
    I personally do not leech and am not very efficient ( i am a LUK mage) and I am very excited to get to 4 job and having a massive AOE attack, but if you make it so bad that it is better to use composition arrow over it then there is no meaning to any mage class which is not a bishop.
    In all seriousness, I think you will never stop leeching you will just make it less efficient because there will always be lazy people and opportunistic people to take advantage of that.

p.p.s Have a niice day.;)

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Voxtagrams

Jun 13, 2020
    I actually don't think you're being sarcastic here at all because of this

You'll understand after you reach level 125+ and of course having 4th job.

I don't think you know why people leech in the first place.

16. Discor

Discor Slimy

Nov 29, 2017
    Male
    I/L Arch Mage
    NANI
    maybe I do not use the word " sarcastic" correctly, but I assure you I was not serious all of my "great ideas" are dumb and were just a way for me to vent some frustration.

to lvl up without grinding yourself, or am I missing something?

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Althariisa

Althariisa Slimy

Jul 17, 2018
    Female
    10:03 PM
    Tauriel
    Dark Knight
    Honor
    Why you guys scared? ht in 1 hour its possible, indeed we need it. too many pepegas overkilling that dragon. we need to decrease that number.

18. Shivering

Shivering Wolfspider

Mar 9, 2018
    Shivering
    I/L Arch Mage
    1 hour? What is this? SnowflakeLengeds?

Turn that down to 15 minutes and spam #HTLIVESMATTER with smegas until we start a full blown revolution.

19. Huiae

Huiae Headless Horseman

Aug 1, 2015
    Female
    Seoul, Korea
    10:03 AM
    Verdict
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    I love afk-cane is so famous and everybody talks about it but no one cares about afk-rapid
    BM is truly sairs friend. they shield sairs.

Hope you don't be serious. i'm just joking D:

20. RegalStar

RegalStar Nightshadow

Sep 23, 2019
    Male
    9:03 PM
    DMsRebirth
    The difference is that hurricane is BM's main attack, while rapid fire is a pepega skill that only ever gets used by pepega sairs that are too pepega to keep their boat alive.

• Funny Funny x 2