1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Regarding the daily Christmas raffle...

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Slavahere, Dec 23, 2020.

1. Slavahere

Slavahere Red Snail

Apr 19, 2020
    Male
    12:23 PM
    ConfusionTX
    Ohana
    As a player who main an INT based sin for the purpose of washing i dont understand the decision of being unable to loot wraps from party. unlike most of the server population i DONT have a Bishop or DK and nor i find it enjoyable to level them up.

currently im a level 120 night lord who been washing for a while and my damage range is underwhelming for my level, i have to struggle to take down a level 95 mob (since i hit around 3k dmg per line while the monsters have 50k+ hp at worst) just to have a CHANCE at obtaining a present wrap, and i need 100 of those for the CHANCE (pretty high i would say) of obtaining a candy or a random consumable.

i find it ridiculous that i have to suffer for 2-3 hours at best just to get the 100 wraps for a chance to win something decent at a raffle, while most of the population has a great mobbing char who can finish the mission in a matter of minutes. Please do something about it to make this event enjoyable for everyone.. thank you in advance for your consideration.

2. Diziple

Diziple Pac Pinky

Jun 23, 2017
    Male
    6:23 PM
    HappyGuY
    Dragon Knight
    None
    I thought the raffle isn’t a compulsory event thing that you have to do?

Just like HP washing as well.

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. OP
    OP
    Slavahere

Slavahere Red Snail

Apr 19, 2020
    Male
    ConfusionTX
    Ohana
    so by your logic if its not mandatory to complete the raffle daily, and i cant do it because i decided to enjoy the game in the long-term, so i shouldn't enjoy it and get the benefits of it? while people abuse the hell out of it with their mules to get as much chaos or white scrolls as they possible can to become rich, i cant use it once a day on my main since i did the decision of washing?
    also, HP washing is not mandatory as well but it came to a point where a normal sin that didnt wash aint viable to end-game regarding bossing , the only boss he could do is zakum and horntail (if you have hyperbody mule as a babysitter) but ill leave that to another topic.

4. aaronis

aaronis Slimy

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    3:23 AM
    Shadower
    Beaters
    If christmas points can keep track of who’s actively hitting i don’t see why these raffle wrappers can’t be lootable by party members that are actively hitting stuff

• Agree Agree x 8
  5. Diziple

Diziple Pac Pinky

Jun 23, 2017
    Male
    HappyGuY
    Dragon Knight
    None
    Because everything you listed here all points to your choice, if you think its not worth it then don't do it?

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Pepper

Pepper Wolfspider

Sep 3, 2020
    Female
    6:23 AM
    Peppermint
    Bowmaster
    I also struggle to get the wrappers every day because my current level puts me right in the middle where I am not doing enough damage for the mob requirement. My husband is bishop and finishes his in about 25 minutes, where mine takes me closer to 2 hours.

Additionally, the map I used for pumpkins is no longer viable for me because it's swarmed with people. I struggled finding a map during Halloween but was still able to do so. Not for Christmas. I believe the difference is that some users didn't select raffle at Halloween which lowered the player base doing it. Christmas has the raffle available to everyone over 70.

I really feel like changing the wrapping paper to be shareable up to 50 the same as the presents will relieve a lot of stress from the game. It will encourage party play. There will be more maps available because people can share a map and will also make larger maps more viable.

Edit: For comparison, I got 10 presents in the nearly 2 hours to get 100 wrappers. Don't know if that helps show any trend.

7. Pepper

Pepper Wolfspider

Sep 3, 2020
    Female
    Peppermint
    Bowmaster
    The current present method only shares them if you're actively attacking and within 20 levels of each other. I feel like this would be a fair change towards users who are playing together and very small amount would actually be mules.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. s0mething

s0mething Capt. Latanica

May 4, 2019
    The current system was implemented to prevent sweaty players from attacking on their mage and looting on their 1748394 alts. Staff has considered the feedback from past events and has even lowered the minimum lvl from 110>100>95.

• Agree Agree x 4
  9. OP
    OP
    Slavahere

Slavahere Red Snail

Apr 19, 2020
    Male
    ConfusionTX
    Ohana
    theres a huge difficulty spike going from 80 to 90 regarding monster defenses and hp, i feel as if the minimum requiered monster was for say lvl 80 instead of 95 it would be much better since even an attacker thats washing can finally farm mobs with ease instead of grinding hours per day just to have a chance to get something decent out of the raffle.

10. s0mething

s0mething Capt. Latanica

May 4, 2019
    Playing a high Int sin with no mage. I think you're the first person i've heard that's doing that. Props to you. Out of curiosity, how do you level?

Regarding, the minimum level. I can't really speak on that since i'm not staff. I would assume they used quantitative data to a justify lvl 95 as the minimum lvl and not do so subjectively.

11. Huiae

Huiae Headless Horseman

Aug 1, 2015
    Female
    Seoul, Korea
    7:23 PM
    Verdict
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    I feel weird for choosing washing path with his/her own will and greed, after that, complaining for cons coming from it.

Just imagine spamming ults with a mage in ulu2 bringing all mules 70+ and raffles like 15+ times in a day.
    For my case, it takes less than 20mins to finish 1 charas raffle. and I actually have 15+ charas with lv.70+. isn't this ridiculous?
    This is scenario can happens on me, if your suggestion gets approved. Even I think this is silly, and against of it.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  12. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    You chose to do it with an INT sin, therefore your damage might be similar to what a non-INT lord sin would have 30-50 levels before your current level.
    Thus, everything you do has some sort of difficulty, because you are dealing damage that is much lower then what is expected of your level.
    Adding the fact that sins are not great for mobbing, this pushes you to have much more difficulty.

With that in mind, your sin is already having difficulty on normal mobbing. Doesn't it makes sense that grinding for papers should be difficult as well?
    IF balance changes were to be made easier for INT lords, it will be much easier for other classes too, which I'm sure is not what the staffs wanted.

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. Diziple

Diziple Pac Pinky

Jun 23, 2017
    Male
    HappyGuY
    Dragon Knight
    None
    Based on your explanation, the current raffle shouldn’t be changed at all since it forces you to grind and level up and thus making you stronger.

I foresee you will thank the staffs later into the event when your time taken to collect the wrappers drastically reduced.

14. OP
    OP
    Slavahere

Slavahere Red Snail

Apr 19, 2020
    Male
    ConfusionTX
    Ohana
    Thats the way i roll, im going against community norms. and i level by leech like every other washing person. if you play the free market prices and work hard enough you can make some good money with no bishop at your side :), although i must say im leveling one now, hes only level 58 tho

15. talhakhan

talhakhan Blue Snail

Dec 24, 2020
    Male
    3:23 PM
    Camper
    I foresee you will thank the staffs later into the event when your time taken to collect the wrappers drastically reduced.

16. Voxtagrams

Voxtagrams Headless Horseman

Jun 13, 2020
    This event with Christmas Wrappers are the same as the previous event, Halloween event they were Pumpkin Pieces.

They both have the same loot mechanic.

17. Pepper

Pepper Wolfspider

Sep 3, 2020
    Female
    Peppermint
    Bowmaster
    It took me less time to do it at Halloween because I was able to get a map where I could kill efficiently. This was because the event made people choose between raffle and exp and a good chunk of people chose exp. This time it was everyone got raffle and I haven't been able to get that map at all. I don't think that they should make it lootable by party. I think it should remain locked but I would like if it was treated like the christmas presents where if you're within 20 levels of each other and actively attacking that you can share up to 50 points. This would make it a little faster for some people struggling, encourage party play, increase map usage from 1 person to 2 or more, which would then open up some of the maps that are taken by 1 person, and can make new maps that are too large to be efficient for 1 person more viable to use.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Voxtagrams

Voxtagrams Headless Horseman

Jun 13, 2020
    Yeah I hope they change it to a 0/50 for some to encourage party farming a little bit, but as of now wrappers still have the same looting mechanic as pumpkins :/

19. RegalStar

RegalStar Nightshadow

Sep 23, 2019
    Male
    DMsRebirth
    If you're adapt at playing free market for profits, then you might as well just keep devoting your time to that. There are some fun untradable equips in the raffle, but they're more cute than anything and the average money you get from the raffle isn't that awesome.

Or take advantage of the 10-70 part and level an archer. If you're gonna play a sin you'll probably want a SE mule at some point, and why not start that now? A mule doesn't really need to wash so you can invest all your stats in killing power, and if you can get it to 70 before event ends it'll make a fine raffle bot.

20. Pante

Pante Slime

Aug 16, 2020
    Male
    I decided to take a look on bbb at mobs that are in the 95+ range and I'd suggest that people work through the ToT questline to get to Memory Lane 3 to access Memory Guardians (98). 53k HP mobs with a lot of space in the map for classes that are ranged. If you do not want to progress through ToT then try Grim Phantom Watch (99) 60k HP or Gigantic Spirit Vikings (98) 58k HP. Both maps have a lot of room to move around in. Grims spawn is very good as well since you only need to kill the bottom two platforms to maintain spawn rate.

• Like Like x 2