1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Allow skills to be binded to multiple keys

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Jaynus, Dec 23, 2020.

1. Jaynus

Jaynus Timer

Mar 19, 2020
    Male
    4:44 AM
    Dralith
    Beginner, Camper, Islander
    I used to be able to do this using macros. I put one gen on a macro and assign it to a secondary key to gen when im playing one handed. Now, with the ban on genesis on macros, I sometimes press a button assigned to nothing.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    1:44 AM
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    While I don't play mage, I second this.
    I have 2 brandish hotkeys: one for left hand and another for right hand

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. SinclairJ

SinclairJ Master Chronos

Dec 8, 2020
    6:44 PM
    Chief Bandit
    Definitely agree it would be cool to have, having to rely on hardware to achieve this can suck.

4. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    This is a client limitation. Can't confirm or deny if the client behaves weirdly if this happens to be done. Curious to test, though.

• Like Like x 6
  5. Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    Can't you use the skill combo?

I used to use that for Paladin HH
    Normal Skill was on 'x' key while the Combo Skill (with only HH) was on 'p'

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Slime

Slime Pixel Artist Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2015
    Male
    Israel
    7:44 PM
    Slime / OmokTeacher
    Beginner
    Flow
    Those are called "macro" ingame, and this latest patch they changed it so that you can't add mage ults to macros.

• Great Work Great Work x 1
  7. Voxtagrams

Voxtagrams Headless Horseman

Jun 13, 2020
    10:44 AM
    I don't understand why they did that.. now we gotta use another key for @mapowner and waste time using another clunky ability that will take about 10 seconds to complete before even using the clunkiness from FMA to repeat the process thus wasting time leeching..
    OnionPanicky

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Slime

Slime Pixel Artist Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2015
    Male
    Israel
    7:44 PM
    Slime / OmokTeacher
    Beginner
    Flow
    They did it because people were binding 3 mage ults in a row, for example, 3 Blizzard in 1 macro, so that they can cast it and then alt tab to play another client, and the character will just cast Blizz 3 times. Some people were even selling leech from multiple clients at the same time, making huge profits. Genius if you ask me, but I understand why staff would want end-game grinding to not be about hitting 1 key and then alt-tabbing away for 20 seconds.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. Voxtagrams

Jun 13, 2020
    Can Bowmasters still Alt+Tab Hurricane?

Because wouldn't that count as "paper-weight botting" tab is acting as something is on spacebar for a short time until the duration of Soul Arrow has passed or if they decide to go back to the client and repeat.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Nise

Nise Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    2:44 AM
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    Wait... checking @mapowner with a mage ult macro is like stabbing someone and then checking if they were alive :thinking: Just to prevent any griefing/KS allegations, I would always suggest tying @mapowner to a fast casting skill and/or a non-damaging one.

On my mage, I usually keep mapowner on "seal", and on my HS mule I have it on "dispel".

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Voxtagrams

Jun 13, 2020
    Its to keep track of the timer while Genesis if being used, if the change was for removing double-triple FMA to macro then just have it set up as one..

I have @mapowner on skills I use though XD (My NL has it on Triple Throw, Avenger and Haste/Booster)
    https://gyazo.com/783d95e94fbce27a5f756667d701fa45

12. Shivering

Shivering Wolfspider

Mar 9, 2018
    Shivering
    I/L Arch Mage
    I would use it to check epm consistently at shaolin so I know what kind of leech I'm providing. I would constantly be getting epm 3's throughout the entire hour by having @epm3 binded to the macro. It's no longer possible to do which is unfortunate.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Chrisss

Chrisss Horny Mushroom

Oct 21, 2020
    Male
    2102 Top Floor of Roppongi Mall
    1:44 AM
    ChrisBS
    Bishop
    Rogue
    Honestly I believe mages can still cast their ults and alt tab to another client, however repositioning the mage is very troublesome. There are different methods of making mesos such as farming and not just leeching every time because I think it will eventually get boring?

Of course, people will still find alternate methods to make loads of mesos and I truly hope that the Staff could reconsider about the mage ultimates being unable to apply into the skill macro. :)

• Agree Agree x 1