1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Increase the number of channels during events

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by NecksonBad, Dec 24, 2020.

1. NecksonBad

NecksonBad Slime

Nov 12, 2020
    San Andreas
    2:00 PM
    CarnivalPQ
    Suggestion: increase the number of channels during events

For the duration of events, common maps such as gs, cds, gallos, himes, skeles are often fully filled. Furthermore, the number of players online drastically increase during events.

Finding a free channel seems impossible due to the number of players restricted to eight channels. Since ML is a grinding/leeching dominated server - where lower population PQ are completely obsolete during events - contested channels on common maps could cause tension between players who are looking for maps. Not everyone wants to share their map and may have reasons for keeping it for themselves.

My suggestion is to increase the number of channels during events or during times where the server contains a significantly higher population than usual. After the conclusion of events, revert the numbers of channels to the original number.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Creative Creative x 1
  2. porl

porl Mixed Golem

May 30, 2020
    Male
    4:00 AM
    Bishop, Night Lord, Buccaneer
    Pasta
    I'd argue that the number of channels should be increased outside of events, back when the server had ~500 online regularly there was 6 channels, now there is almost 3-4x that and only 2 more channels.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  3. p3rsonman

p3rsonman Mano

Jun 4, 2018
    Male
    12:00 PM
    Resta
    Bishop
    IMO the problem is also the level restrictions for finding the daily items forcing you into certain areas. There are only so many lvl 100+ monsters to grind on. I think it would be more interesting if you were assigned a mob within a reasonable level range each day to hunt for your daily items. Would force people to spread out.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Pepper

Pepper Wolfspider

Sep 3, 2020
    Female
    Peppermint
    Bowmaster
    I legit love this idea because not only would it force people to spread out, you could encounter mobs or areas you wouldn't otherwise ever see.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    8:00 PM
    Moderator Post
    Suggest us maps we could improve upon so there's more availability. I am not going add channels just so 3 more users out of 2000+ can have a meta map.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. Pepper

Pepper Wolfspider

Sep 3, 2020
    Female
    Peppermint
    Bowmaster
    Himes is impossible to find a spot on during events. 1st post lists a few others

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Shivering

Shivering Wolfspider

Mar 9, 2018
    11:00 AM
    Shivering
    I/L Arch Mage
    I think she meant she wants us to suggest underused maps that can be buffed to become usable.

But if its possible to just fix this by adding dungeons to popular maps then yeah himes, gs2, gs5, gs1, gallos, ulu2, petris, cds, skeles, 5-6F, and 7F would all be popular candidates to receive dungeons.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Althariisa

Althariisa Slimy

Jul 17, 2018
    Female
    3:00 PM
    Tauriel
    Dark Knight
    Honor
    Well lets add sudden death in those maps then. so the users on the map will always change cuz they die.

• Great Work Great Work x 2
  9. Quinale

Quinale King Slime

Jul 17, 2020
    Add dungeons to the meta maps

• Like Like x 1
  10. RegalStar

RegalStar Nightshadow

Sep 23, 2019
    Male
    DMsRebirth
    More instances of mini dungeons would be nice. I recall that GMS had 20 instances of each mini dungeon, but even 4 extra instances (for a total of 5) of the skele dungeon would help with the traffic jam on present paper collecting a lot, since that's 32 extra maps when counting all channels.

11. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Or you can just lower the amount of mobs in the maps that are always full..

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. Pepper

Pepper Wolfspider

Sep 3, 2020
    Female
    Peppermint
    Bowmaster
    I don't see how this will help. This will just make them take longer for the next person to have access to the map.

13. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    It makes people consider other maps maybe?

• Disagree Disagree x 8
  14. Ben Ten

Ben Ten Slime

Jun 18, 2017
    Male
    Marksman
    There are other maps that have yet to be used despite being available since the decrease in level restriction (95+). Have y'all really exhaust all your other options? Deep Ludi with the new teleports has been a god-send for me and many others.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Black Kentaurus are a pretty good alternative to Himes for priests that need to heal to do damage. Only downside is they're level 88, so they aren't farmable for events.

16. Pepper

Pepper Wolfspider

Sep 3, 2020
    Female
    Peppermint
    Bowmaster
    I unfortunately do not have a priest character. But I have found alternatives to Himes, its just soloing for my class is a little rough because I'm in the early stages of 120 so my new skills aren't exactly spectacular so it takes me a while to go through a mob's 60k+ HP.

17. asdfjkliang

asdfjkliang Selkie Jr.

Jul 10, 2017
    Male
    Mirage
    Hero
    Influence
    Buff the spawn and exp of red nose den 2! It got a buff post bb

Also the exp to hp ratio is pretty bad on these as well

18. Selquin

Selquin Headless Horseman

May 28, 2018
    12:00 PM
    Serperior
    Bowmaster, Night Lord, Buccaneer
    Pasta
    Not saying that we definitely need more channels, but to be fair it wouldn't just be 3 more users that get a meta map since there are many relevant meta maps that are always full. To list a few popular maps that are usually full,

Shaolin 5-6
    Shaolin 7F
    Skeles 1st map
    Skeles 2nd map
    Skeles 2nd map mini dungeon
    Petris
    Ulu2
    GS2
    GS5
    Himes
    Burning land V
    Purple plains
    Mannequins
    Leprechauns
    Voodoo/Hoodoo

I'm sure there are some more maps I'm not thinking of, but this is at least 15 maps, which means that an extra 45 users can have meta maps. While there can be 2k players online, the actual amount of players looking to farm in one of these meta maps is actually much smallers, so the extra 45 slots is very much a non-negligible effect.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    5 x disagree but noone cares to explain why.. Is it because everything always has to be a buff or am I missing something here?

Seems logical to me to buff/nerf the outliers so people actually have a reason to leave those highly contested maps once in a while.

20. Pepper

Pepper Wolfspider

Sep 3, 2020
    Female
    Peppermint
    Bowmaster
    The reason I disagree is because the maps aren't just chosen for the spawn count. They are also chosen for the ease of access and the map layout. Lowering spawn count during events doesn't seem like a practical fix. "there arent enough meta maps for everyone so let's make it so there are less viable meta maps" doesn't help when there's a surplus of people trying to find a map vs amount of maps available.

Yes I know there are other maps that can be used like deep ludi. These aren't popularly used because most 120+ users aren't anywhere close to ludi when they regularly play and it can take a long time to go out there (like 15 to 30 min) so the accessibility is not appealing.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1