1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Bowmaster worth it?

Discussion in 'Help & Advice' started by Erik, Dec 26, 2020.

1. Erik

Erik Orange Mushroom

Oct 23, 2015
    Male
    Norway
    9:41 AM
    Aixel
    Page
    Agape
    Hello!
    I’ve been thinking of making a bowmaster for a few weeks but I’m not doing it cause I hear it’s not worth it if I don’t vote for 2 YEARS first.. It just kinda sucks if I make a regular one and then later I want to participate in end game content but I would need to make another one & vote for two years cause the original one would be handicapped :( I guess the tier 10 monster book ring alone wouldn’t be enough?

2. Selquin

Selquin Headless Horseman

May 28, 2018
    1:41 AM
    Serperior
    Bowmaster, Night Lord, Buccaneer
    Pasta
    2 years is somewhat of am exaggeration unless you are going for 30k hp or something. It took me about 6 months to get my 15k HP BM to the point where it was missing no stats from washing, and another 3 months to get its HP up to 15k.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Huiae

Huiae Headless Horseman

Aug 1, 2015
    Female
    Seoul, Korea
    4:41 PM
    Verdict
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    Every classes are worth, even if they're mules.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Shivering

Shivering Wolfspider

Mar 9, 2018
    12:41 AM
    Shivering
    I/L Arch Mage
    You don't need anywhere close to 2 years or voting to make a respectable BM. Respectable IMO is 10k base hp which is achievable with about 3-6 months of voting and spending 1-2 events farming resets for a few hours a day during events.

I say 10k base as this allows you to hit the 11.5k threshold for PB pre-HB with tier 10 ring and some scrolled pet equips/event hp items.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. xmrmonky

xmrmonky Blue Snail

Mar 14, 2018
    Male
    Tanukichi
    Shadower
    MUSHGANG
    I made a BM as my first character, and never knew to wash until way late. At the end of the day, there are a lot of mechanics built in our server (i.e. pet HP, monster book ring, event rings, etc.) that help give you additional HP without having to hardcore wash. Just play the class that seems fun to you.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. whatdatoast

whatdatoast Windraider

Apr 9, 2020
    whatdatoast
    Bowman
    You also don't need to wash at all to zak/HT. So unless you really want to fight toad/pb on your BM, you don't NEED to wash.

7. Voxtagrams

Voxtagrams Headless Horseman

Jun 13, 2020
    It all depends on what class you want to play, any class is worth playing if thats your favorite class.

For me, I really enjoy Night Lords because they have Flash Jump, Shadow Partner, Meso Up and of course like Shadowers, Shadow Shifter.

A few hours isn't going to get you nearly enough AP Resets each 5 AP Reset is 300 event points, its not nearly effective to farm that for a "few hours."

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Shivering

Shivering Wolfspider

Mar 9, 2018
    Shivering
    I/L Arch Mage
    Just to clarify, I didn’t say it would take a few hours. I said it would take a few hours a day of farming throughout 1-2 events. An event normally lasts 30 days. I assumed you would be farming efficiently at a map like BLV V or the purple plains map.

Here’s the math to back up what I said:

In order to do a basic wash to 10k HP by 180, assuming 0 int gear, and 140 base int.

normal wash to 150 - 178 resets (7k HP @ 150)
    MP wash from 151-180 - 330 resets (10k HP @ 180)
    Remove base int - 140 resets

648 resets required

3-6 months of voting @180k NX per month = 180-360 resets
    4 hours of event farming a day for 1-2 events assuming 100 event currency per hour at BLV/purple plains = 200-400 resets.

Total resets achieved: 380-760.

Even if you do 2 hours a day for 2 events and vote for 6 months you’ll get to 560, which would almost get you to what you need for 10k. This also assumes no Int equips so it can definitely be less NX cost if you just make friends and borrow gear.

9. Voxtagrams

Voxtagrams Headless Horseman

Jun 13, 2020
    yeah, a few hours a day but that 1 day won't get you as much AP Resets unless you only spend the time that you're playing farming event points.

10. Discor

Discor Slimy

Nov 29, 2017
    Male
    10:41 AM
    I/L Arch Mage
    NANI
    End game content is overrated, it took me 3 years to get to lvl 121 as an I/L Arch Mage.... so you might get sucked in to the social aspect of the game, because in my opinion the bosses are not that fun or important... mostly mashing 4 buttons for 40 minutes....so yeah if you think BM is Fun just play it and have fun, if you somehow will get to lvl 190+ by that time i believe there will be extra things to compensate for the low HP like monster ring or Zombie rings(plural) from the last event.

Of-coarse if all you want is to kill bosses and you plan to leech yourself as fast as possible and make the most OP BOSS Murderer then BM is a good choice but you will need ALOT of funds and NX and I suggest to make a Bishop mule to leech yourself and get the needed funds, by the time you will get the bish to high enough lvl you will acumulate more then enough NX for the Hp wash.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. OP
    OP
    Erik

Erik Orange Mushroom

Oct 23, 2015
    Male
    Norway
    9:41 AM
    Aixel
    Page
    Agape
    Thank you kindly for your response everyone! :) I appreciate it :heartbeat:

12. Nise

Nise Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    4:41 PM
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    I do wanna say that you need more than 11.5k for PB if you're planning on tanking big bang. With a solid amount of weapon defense (like from HTP and later level gear), you could probably get it down to 11.6k max. However, if you're running a MoN, you'll need more like 11.9k.

• Informative Informative x 1