1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Information Christmas 2020 Balance Changes [Explained]

Discussion in 'Update Notes' started by Nise, Dec 20, 2020.

1. QueenOfSin

QueenOfSin Red Snail

Oct 26, 2020
    Female
    1:43 PM
    QueenOfSin
    Assassin
    You're moving the goal post here. We're talking about the act of leveling up those classes to 4th job. While, yes, NLs are harder to train than MMs from 2nd job on, but they're definitely much easier compared to sairs. So my question is, how is it that a class that saves a ton of pots, requires very little repositioning, does not require them to keep track of a cooldown skill, has the highest mobility in the entire game, and is also easier to train than a corsair, still deal more damage than a corsair?

2. Stow

Stow Mixed Golem

Apr 30, 2017
    7:43 PM
    Dazzle
    Magician
    when are alt-tab hurricane and shadow star bugs gonna get fixed? game is unplayable

• Funny Funny x 3
  3. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    4:43 AM
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    What NL is dealing more damage than Akash?

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. yurain

yurain Windraider

Dec 30, 2019
    YUrain
    I/L Wizard
    It is going to get fixed when HP washing being optional is no longer a meme :p

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. rambo

rambo Pink Teddy

Apr 13, 2020
    Male
    21blvck
    That sair dpm is on boat and their boat break you whinny night lord

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Eighty

Eighty Windraider

Jun 19, 2018
    Male
    Nepal
    5:28 PM
    Hundred
    Marksman
    Colors
    DrK’s beholder’s hex actually gives 100 def and mdef. And they don’t stack. So drks don’t get any buff to survivability.

7. fengstar

fengstar Orange Mushroom

Apr 21, 2020
    Male
    the bay
    Diggy
    Night Lord
    Twice
    Uh, that would only be "your" goal post if you think 2nd and 3rd job is actually a grind.
    Those levels fly in comparison to 4th job, for any class. Worst case, leech is cheap and fast. What isn't fast, not to mention costly, is 120 to bossing level.

I took the time to read Akash's guide, and it seems only in HT are NLs doing more damage than sairs. Everywhere else corsairs have the lead. Keep in mind this is assuming perfect gear, and guns cost much less than claws. I feel like it's better we go by that instead of exaggerating. Our class identity includes a neutered alchemist and flash jump. Every class has it's own perks. Are you also gonna say shads take half the damage, bishops have free hp potions, warriors don't get knocked back, archers have long range etc etc?

Oh is it really? And here I thought people talk about corsair dpm off the boat.
    What's a whinny though?

8. tjin21

tjin21 Red Snail

Jun 2, 2016
    12:43 PM
    Tjin
    Warrior
    Nebula
    Great. I for one am grateful for the I/L mage nerf. As a Bishop, with decent gear it is so hard to farm late game, while I see the Shaolin maps filled with I/L hitting ~50% more damage than me. Not only do they hit for so much, even with the ability to freeze? Just too OP.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  9. rambo

rambo Pink Teddy

Apr 13, 2020
    Male
    21blvck
    sticks and stones may break my bones but there will always be something to offend a nightlord

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Dance

Dance Stone Golem

Dec 21, 2020
    Male
    Fiore
    Beginner
    The nerf for Alishar has been truly amazing for me. I think since the Christmas Event 2020 is going on right now people are farming boxes and what not, but I feel like after that's over, more people will start to ludibrium pq a bit more since you can start doing damage at level 35 and 36ish with a bit of accuracy and not have to invest so much into gear early on. I met a lot of amazing people there as well ^-^

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Boxy

Boxy Chronos

Jul 2, 2017
    Male
    Beginner
    I heard this person was whipping them into shape in the past
    upload_2020-12-26_0-30-46.png

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. Tobenism

Tobenism Slime

Dec 25, 2020
    Male
    6:43 PM
    ◕`ω´◕
    7f sairs after patch be: Stop resisting!

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Cashew2

Cashew2 Orange Mushroom

Oct 19, 2020
    Male
    7:43 AM
    Cashew3
    Night Lord, Corsair
    Did some 7f yesterday on my sair, it's not horrible I guess. Just need to relog every time your boat is close to breaking so you log back in with a fresh boat. The 90 sec boat CD means you are doing close to nothing since you can't freeze + rapid fire either and rapid fire has a minimum range, so you just end up wacking the giants. Kind of annoying since you have to rebuff and reset your pet every time you relog.

The plus side is you don't really care about positioning anymore since you're going to take boat damage anyways, so you just hold down torpedo and go to sleep.

14. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    Sounds like you need a time leap mule

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Cashew2

Cashew2 Orange Mushroom

Oct 19, 2020
    Male
    7:43 AM
    Cashew3
    Night Lord, Corsair
    I'll add it to the list of mules I need to make, right behind my HS mule in the making

16. Aruka

Aruka Blue Snail

Sep 20, 2020
    8:43 PM
    Thief, Warrior
    I wonder if there is any chance of increasing HB duration... Start feel like it is really short.