1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Not a Bug Taunting at Skele bug

Discussion in 'Report Bugs' started by Garyliew, Dec 29, 2020.

1. Garyliew

Garyliew Slime

Sep 25, 2017
    Male
    3:07 PM
    Zalvatore
    Night Lord
    Alchemi
    Description of the bug: (optional screenshot/video):
    What is supposed to happen?: Skele DMG bug
    Where did you find and/or notice this bug?: When thief taunting the Skeles
    A step-by-step guide to re-producing this bug (optional): My BS is able to 1hit skele but the moment i taunt it the dmg reduces. it looks like the skele weak in holy element have been removed therefore it’s impossible to 1 hit after i taunt.
    Extra information (optional):

• Funny Funny x 6
  2. Mirrors

Mirrors Zakum Retired Staff

Jul 15, 2019
    Female
    12:07 AM
    Mirrors
    WeenieHutJrs
    Taunt ups the monster defense so it is expected that Taunt reduces your Genesis damage. A bug with Taunt that made Taunt barely affect the damage done by the player to the mob was recently fixed, and now it works as intended.

• Like Like x 1
  3. jesscapades

jesscapades Pac Pinky

Jun 24, 2019
    Female
    3:07 AM
    jesscapades
    Shadower
    Homies
    I have a question about this. Why is this reducing damage so much? According to Nise's and Ayumilove's damage formulas, max dmg is reduced by WDEF*0.5 and min dmg is reduced by WDEF*0.6. So upping Skelegon's 800 WDEF by 40% should translate to an average reduction in damage by 800*0.4*0.55 = 176 after using Taunt.

It seems like the Taunt defense effect has reverted to the way it was before March 27, when it was claimed to be bugged and was fixed after the maintenance. Now it's reversed, which is confusing in itself, and confusing because the math doesn't seem to match.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. IHearColors

IHearColors Timer

Jul 1, 2017
    Male
    12:07 AM
    Shadower, I/L Arch Mage, Bandit
    Taunt definitely feels more like a 40% reduction to damage rather than a 40% defense increase now

5. shot

shot Capt. Latanica Retired Staff

Oct 31, 2017
    Male
    2:07 AM
    sh0t/Davi
    Buccaneer
    Honor
    That's not accurate. The stat effect has nothing to do with increasing or decreasing WDEF or MDEF buff, rather weapon/magic defense up which reduces the overall damage by % amount.
    The reason why it's been reverted back in the past was because some people were having way more than 40% damage reduction when monsters were having multiple status applied at a time, which made it nearly impossible for them to kill the monster (I've seen some people having 90% damage reduction which is beyond broken). But now that's been properly addressed, taunt skill has also been addressed again to properly reflect the status it is supposed to give, which applies the WEAPON_DEFENSE and MAGIC_DEFENSE status just like how it was done in GMS:

[​IMG]

Hopefully that clears up some things

• Like Like x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. jesscapades

jesscapades Pac Pinky

Jun 24, 2019
    Female
    3:07 AM
    jesscapades
    Shadower
    Homies
    that's super helpful, thank you for clearing it up!