1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

In retrospect SI nerf was a buff to leechers

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Shivering, Dec 31, 2020.

1. Shivering

Shivering Wolfspider

Mar 9, 2018
    12:56 AM
    Shivering
    I/L Arch Mage
    I mean looking back at these changes now, SI almost had no impact on leechers whatsoever.

At petris: EPH went down 1-2m.

At skeles: Blu found a way to do a rotation that has literally the exact same EPH while not needing to level an SI mule to 126.

At 5-6F: Leechers found a way to get way higher EPH than ever before by syncing rotations, pushing EPH from 35-45m to 40-52m after the SI nerf due to not having to manage so many clients.

Honestly SI nerf to not work on mages was a massive buff to gameplay experience tbh. No need to feel like you need to level a character to 126 for an SI buff.

• Funny Funny x 2
  2. Althariisa

Althariisa Slimy

Jul 17, 2018
    Female
    4:56 AM
    Tauriel
    Dark Knight
    Honor
    that's why we love legends.

3. MrPresident

MrPresident Capt. Latanica

Dec 19, 2017
    3:56 AM
    MrPresident
    Spearman
    It also pushed mages like ORADIOUS to white the bean! Who needs Buccaneers when your solo target damage gets buffed instead?

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Nise

Nise Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    4:56 PM
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    Though if you could have a micro managing god, with a synched rotation + SI, wouldn't the EPM gone even higher? Also, I do have to double check again, but I've heard some people tell me that the # of mobs for shaolin and petri have increased over the past few patches... at least compared to like a year ago

5. OP
    OP
    Shivering

Shivering Wolfspider

Mar 9, 2018
    Shivering
    I/L Arch Mage
    No way for me to find out if the # of mobs has actually increased, but would love if you would be able to confirm it.

I think the biggest issue with having SI mules at 5-6 was how intensive it was for leechers; you had to actively kick and add HS and SI to party if you wanted to sell trio which was the go-to at the time and then also move then between your 2 mages as well. This is in addition to keeping buffs up on 2 mages and repositioning as necessary. You also have to keep in mind that if you're using the /partyinvite command it would break your macro cast. I wouldn't be surprised if this was the reason why EPH numbers were so much lower and it had nothing to do with # of mobs, but again would love if you could somehow look up that data.

6. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    2:56 AM
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    when i tried out 5-6 for an hour or two epm seemed to go back to 2018 levels for solo mage. petris still hella buffed tho xd
    edit: i assume skele too

7. OP
    OP
    Shivering

Shivering Wolfspider

Mar 9, 2018
    Shivering
    I/L Arch Mage
    I’m not sure if petri exp has changed. I found this thread I made a few years back and it looks like with 10% event bonus EPH for a 14x was 29m which would be 26m without bonus.

https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/1-hit-petri-and-other-leech.21538/

This was split and without SI. I think that is similar to what current EPH rates are, based on my experience selling petris when 5-6 was broken during summer event, if you account for ~10% reduction when selling trio.

8. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    2:56 AM
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    Mage exp is a constant so you can compare how well you do no matter the level of your leechers x). Currently petri exp is very comparable to dukus

9. OP
    OP
    Shivering

Shivering Wolfspider

Mar 9, 2018
    Shivering
    I/L Arch Mage
    Isn’t that because dukus got a massive nerf? Do you know what the petri EPH # is for your mage?

10. Nise

Nise Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    4:56 PM
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    Only the first Duku map got a nerf though (the one where all the 2 hitting or 3 hitting bishops were at). The other Duku maps got buffed multiple times

• Informative Informative x 1