1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

.wz related bug / OCD tree ornament does not do +30 matt

Discussion in 'Report Bugs' started by Discor, Jan 8, 2021.

1. Discor

Discor Slimy

Nov 29, 2017
    Male
    10:06 AM
    I/L Arch Mage
    NANI
    Description of the bug: the tree ornament fro, the ruffle says it gives 30 Matt but actualy gives +15 Matt (screen shot attached)
    What is supposed to happen?:it supposed to give +30 Matt
    Where did you find and/or notice this bug?: inconcistient.png
    A step-by-step guide to re-producing this bug (optional):
    Extra information (optional):

2. mathijs2000

mathijs2000 Mushmom

Sep 4, 2016
    9:06 AM
    Night Lord
    GoedVerhaal
    Also doesn't give proper weapon attack

3. Eighty

Eighty Windraider

Jun 19, 2018
    Male
    Nepal
    12:51 PM
    Hundred
    Marksman
    Colors
    I think Mirrors or some GM mentioned that the item now gives 12wa and 15ma and it was phrased in a way that implied that it was intended. So I guess the description has not been updated.

I do not understand the need to nerf it especially when we do not have stews this year..

4. Voxtagrams

Voxtagrams Headless Horseman

Jun 13, 2020
    12:06 AM
    I hope I could shine some light into this, however i still sort of disagree to this myself but when someone asks to implement something to the lines of a pet equips for example the source would be 5 slots, but how would that translate to ML?

Well for ML its able to be customizable where the item that would show 5 slots which should be translated to the game as 7. (YES A BUG, -ovv-ovv I'm too much of a sauce pls type person, will look into ML standards.)

Okay, anyways for this thread its the same if the original item would have +20 wa and +30 MA but has 12 WA and 15 MA is because the item would be deemed to "OP" in ML standards, https://maplestory.wiki/GMS/216/item/1002850 the item here looks like Rudolph's Toy Hat, in which if you look at the wiki that item name doesn't exist https://gyazo.com/d03f7c1ae0b88c9029af8eece3ad6324
    Screen Shot 2021-01-08 at 12.54.30 PM.png

So, they grabbed this ID and tweaked the item themself to better balance it for ML, changed the name from Rudolph Change Hat to Rudolph's Toy Hat removed +20 Weapon Attack +20 Weapon Defense.

So onwards to the buff it would just be too broken translated into ML and would probably trigger auto bans? Maybe.. not entirely sure but I think it would have so they nerfed it.

Although, I'm not sure how things get translated if Mirrors, Duckys Mott, Fishy or someone else further explain this for both the community and me to understand that would be great.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. asdfjkliang

asdfjkliang Selkie Jr.

Jul 10, 2017
    Male
    3:06 AM
    Mirage
    Hero
    Influence
    Gms already mentioned that the description was wrong

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Mirrors

Mirrors Zakum Retired Staff

Jul 15, 2019
    Female
    12:06 AM
    Mirrors
    WeenieHutJrs
    We updated the stats for these sometime last year, but never fully updated the description for it. Apologies for the discrepancy. They are working as intended, with its current M. Attached / W. Att bonus. It's just the description that's incorrect

• Like Like x 1