1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Duplicate Report Speed infusion for mages

Discussion in 'Report Bugs' started by Nguyenqdo, Jan 11, 2021.

1. Nguyenqdo

Nguyenqdo Orange Mushroom

Jun 6, 2018
    Male
    5:33 PM
    nguyen
    Magician, Bishop, Thief
    Mayhem
    Description of the bug: (optional screenshot/video): not having SI buff for mages for normal/basic atk (non magic atk)
    What is supposed to happen?: should still work with our basic attacks so that mages can have the same advantage during bonus stages like at apq or gpq
    Where did you find and/or notice this bug?: when the server took away si for casting skills
    A step-by-step guide to re-producing this bug (optional):
    Extra information (optional): I don't mind not having si for my ultimate but I think it's unfair that everyone else can benefit from si during bonus stages for hitting boxes. I guess mages could just get a fruit knife with a faster speed. But the range wouldn't be the same as someone with a normal speed spear. I was told this would have been fixed but still haven't heard anything on it

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    10:33 PM
    Moderator Post
    Due to the way the game work I highly doubt it's possible to make it work for weapons but not skills. The reason why skills get affected too in the first place is that the buff masks of the skill right now is wrong, not because it was intended. Giving mages somewhat the skill back is either all or nothing.

3. Shivering

Shivering Wolfspider

Mar 9, 2018
    2:33 PM
    Shivering
    I/L Arch Mage
    Maybe a solution would be to upgrade wand/staff basic attack speed by +2 across all weapons. I feel like that could be a reasonable compromise.

4. Jaewonnie

Jaewonnie Capt. Latanica

Apr 21, 2020
    Crimsonwood Mountain: Cavern of Pain
    PAWGChamp
    Buccaneer
    Third job f/p's rejoice. Jk who even uses explosion

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. OP
    OP
    Nguyenqdo

Jun 6, 2018
    Male
    nguyen
    Magician, Bishop, Thief
    Mayhem

Would there be a way to only get it during the bonus maps of like certain PQs. In addition, during the anniversary event there were people giving si to people for killing the cats and doing the bean stalk. So in that sense, if yall were to bring that event back, all mages would be at a full disadvantage.

even if the speed was boosted on our wands the speed of our wands have no affect on the speed of the skill cast.

6. Hyoon

Hyoon Zakum Retired Staff

Dec 1, 2015
    But you also have TP, so range shouldnt matter as other classes such as bowman, shads, warriors, pirates don't have mobility that mages have.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Shivering

Shivering Wolfspider

Mar 9, 2018
    2:33 PM
    Shivering
    I/L Arch Mage
    Yeah that's the point. This would make it easier to break boxes in bonus stage because you don't use a skill to break boxes you use basic attack which would be buffed if all wand/staffs are buffed by +2 attack speed.

• Like Like x 1
  8. porl

porl Mixed Golem

May 30, 2020
    Male
    8:33 AM
    Bishop, Night Lord, Buccaneer
    Pasta
    Since mages lost their ability to macro their ults, can they get SI back? Some sort of middle ground perhaps?

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  9. OP
    OP
    Nguyenqdo

Jun 6, 2018
    Male
    nguyen
    Magician, Bishop, Thief
    Mayhem
    see that would make sense but the thing is TP doesntt work in those event maps anyways.

see the thing is a lollipop is a faster speed (3) with si makes that a (2) therefore someone that is a mage with a lollipop will never achieve (2) speed where as someone with a normal or fast (4) will get faster (2) therefore unfair even in like event throwing star maps

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Huiae

Huiae Headless Horseman

Aug 1, 2015
    Female
    Seoul, Korea
    6:33 AM
    Verdict
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    I love to see bish says 'unfair' for they are only class which cant unbox with speed 2, while they are only classes which has 800x600 map skill with x1.5 exp buff.

Diversity it is. Not matter of fairness.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. OP
    OP
    Nguyenqdo

Jun 6, 2018
    Male
    nguyen
    Magician, Bishop, Thief
    Mayhem
    im trying to get si for all mages. not just bishops. ask yourself if your comment helped in anyway, if not don't post it next time. k thanks

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1