1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

request to have monster magnet affect moveable boss mobs

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Quintarius, Jan 13, 2021.

1. Quintarius

Quintarius Orange Mushroom

Nov 22, 2017
    Male
    3:18 AM
    Valtarius
    Dark Knight
    Soldier
    As of now monster magnet does absolutely nothing to bosses that are moveable such as
    Pink Bean, Papulatus, CWK bosses, Ravana, and area bosses (except for crow for some reason monster magnet affects crow). Monster magnet also does not affect the wyverns that spawn in horntail, the summons from Zakum, and mini beans from Pink Bean. Is there anyway to have monster magnet actually affect these boss mobs, or would that be too broken/impossible to implement?

• Agree Agree x 8
  2. asdfjkliang

asdfjkliang Selkie Jr.

Jul 10, 2017
    Male
    6:18 AM
    Mirage
    Hero
    Influence
    Can we have post bb monster magnet instead

• Like Like x 1
  3. Eighty

Eighty Windraider

Jun 19, 2018
    Male
    Nepal
    4:03 PM
    Hundred
    Marksman
    Colors
    Also, can we please increase the mob count to 10 and/or improve the pass rate to 100%? Right now, it is almost entirely useless.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Fishy

Fishy Skelegon Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
    In terms of mobs, I dont think this skill is useless at all o_o , its 95% success rate.
    its great for mobility purposes and grinding. (if you use magnet + rush after, this is a huge difference in traveling when grinding/farming)
    Its not noticable until the higher lvls and this is prob the last skill you max

I feel like it should work on boss mobs, but not on bosses.
    Seems kind've busted for it to work on moving bosses. (it doesnt aggro bosses/mobs either)
    There is rush skill for a reason, why would you want to pull a mob closer to you, if youre trying to rush/pin it somewhere else

It's weird that it works on Crow, but not other bosses, but I personally think this skill is useful af. ESPECIALLY when NTPQ first got released.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Eighty

Eighty Windraider

Jun 19, 2018
    Male
    Nepal
    4:03 PM
    Hundred
    Marksman
    Colors
    It was most useful at NT first map for grinding afterroads+overloads prior to the aggro changes.
    Right now, on a practical level I use it only at ML5 and the 95% often sees a single mob or two not being pulled. I don't see why it cannot be 100% since its use is so limited when it is maxed so late in the game. Also, magnet definitely aggros mobs?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. OP
    OP
    Quintarius

Quintarius Orange Mushroom

Nov 22, 2017
    Male
    Valtarius
    Dark Knight
    Soldier
    From what I've been seeing, magnet does aggro mobs. When someone magnets a mob it gets sucked to them while facing them in a flinched animation. After that, the mob/mobs that get hit by monster magnet aggros onto the person that uses monster magnet.

7. Fishy

Fishy Skelegon Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
    i meant, "the mob doesnt attack" my bad. , you'll pull aggro but it wont hit you

• Great Work Great Work x 1
  8. MrPresident

MrPresident Capt. Latanica

Dec 19, 2017
    6:18 AM
    MrPresident
    Spearman
    I view it similar to bucc snatch which can move boss mobs. Having magnet could be quite useful in PB even if it’s not 100% success or needs full charge to work on bosses.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. MinuteFish

MinuteFish Red Snail

Jan 8, 2021
    Male
    8:18 PM
    CharlieM
    Beginner
    What I think would be awesome and make Monster Magnet useful in bossing (on top of or instead of this) would be if it drew aggro from enemies

that way once you suck a boss toward you can keep it there and also make 'tanking' more prominent

• Agree Agree x 1