1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Windows 8/8.1/10 ML client keeps freezing then crashing

Discussion in 'Technical Issues' started by GLauski, Dec 12, 2020.

1. GLauski

GLauski Red Snail

Nov 2, 2020
    Male
    8:40 AM
    Lugia
    Warrior
    Hi, since inception, my ML client has been crashing on my PC after 1-5 minutes of gameplay (short random 1 second freeze then automatically closes). I've been playing with Mac ever since, but it's not very optimal as multiclienting is easier on my PC.

I recently saw that setting compatibility to Windows 7 has been a lifesaver for many, so I decided to give my PC another shot. However, it is still producing the same error. I've also uninstalled my 3rd party antivirus (now using Windows defender), and set exclusions on my firewall.

2. OP
    OP
    GLauski

GLauski Red Snail

Nov 2, 2020
    Male
    Lugia
    Warrior
    I've uploaded my crash log, this is the most recent one (December 11th), where Windows 7 compatibility is set, ML whitelisted from firewall, and no 3rd party antivirus is turned on. Thank you in advance for looking into this!

https://pastebin.com/HbHPCcem

3. Bax

Bax Orange Mushroom

Nov 30, 2020
    Male
    11:40 PM
    Paragax; Qishop
    Marksman
    Perion
    Did you try updating windows? If not, do that and also update all your drivers too. Set it back to the default settings and see if that helps!

4. OP
    OP
    GLauski

GLauski Red Snail

Nov 2, 2020
    Male
    Lugia
    Warrior
    Hi isohunterisohunter , I updated windows, still doesn't work. What specifically do I have to set back to default settings?

5. Voxtagrams

Voxtagrams Headless Horseman

Jun 13, 2020
    Have you tried going into the folders and locating your legends.ini and show us what you have in there?

If legends.ini doesn't let you see whats inside the text file right click it and open it with notepad and show us to see if the settings are in default to further assist you :D

6. pour

pour Blue Snail

Aug 22, 2020
    Female
    Magician
    Hello! I was wondering if there was a solution to this problem? I am running into the same problem right now. I tried everything listed above, but still the crashes continue.

7. Voxtagrams

Jun 13, 2020
    Lets just hope that the upcoming maintenance will fix this issue along with its Christmas Event being released in the same patch

8. pour

pour Blue Snail

Aug 22, 2020
    Female
    Magician
    Yes :D Thank you for the reply!

• Like Like x 1
  9. OP
    OP
    GLauski

GLauski Red Snail

Nov 2, 2020
    Male
    Lugia
    Warrior
    DuckTalesDuckTales sorry for the late reply. I bought a new computer recently and it is still freezing and crashing (same issue as my old computer). I uploaded my legends.ini, hope it helps.

To anyone else reading, let me know if I need to re-upload crash logs. This has been an issue for quite a while now, appreciate it if anyone can help.

Attached Files:

10. Voxtagrams

Jun 13, 2020
    Are you still using a mac or did you get a windows pc?

11. PuggyMage

PuggyMage Blue Snail

Jan 14, 2021
    Male
    2:10 AM
    PuggyMage
    Magician
    None
    Yeah mine just crashed twice and then now just saying please check for ongoing maintenance on website.
    pretty much the same crash log data, when i compared it to mine.
    tried everything. Might try reinstalling as last option.

UPDATE:
    Deleting the game off my drive, and doing a clean install, then adding the exe to firewall exception fixed the issue.

• Great Work Great Work x 1
  12. OP
    OP
    GLauski

GLauski Red Snail

Nov 2, 2020
    Male
    Lugia
    Warrior
    Woops, sorry, I got a new windows PC.

New update: I'm pretty sure it is my internet connection, seeing as both PC's had no issue after trying my phone's hotspot and my girlfriend's internet at her house. The two PC's also disconnect at the same time.

However, it is a little more nuanced than that...my mac, using the same internet connection, has 0 issues. I'm not a techie by any means, so I'm wondering if there's any internet settings I can change on my PC's to make these crashes stop.