1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

warrior balanced change thread (all)

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Magen, Jan 17, 2021.

vote if you like the suggestion

1. DK suggestion +1

14 vote(s)
    24.6%
  2. Paladin suggestion +1

14 vote(s)
    24.6%
  3. Hero suggestion +1

19 vote(s)
    33.3%
  4. Disagree with DK suggestion

19 vote(s)
    33.3%
  5. Disagree with Paladin suggestion

12 vote(s)
    21.1%
  6. Disagree with Hero Suggestion

23 vote(s)
    40.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eighty

Eighty Windraider

Jun 19, 2018
    Male
    Nepal
    7:35 PM
    Hundred
    Marksman
    Colors
    I don't understand why you keep saying DrKs cannot wash because they can and there are plenty of 30k HP dark knights. It is redundant but people still wash to 30k. I haven't stopped voting on my drk's account after finishing washing so I really don't think we need to buff drks while obliterating their identity and playstyle for the sake of the server's ranking on GTOP, which it is not going to affect at all, nor is it needed.

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. RegalStar

RegalStar Nightshadow

Sep 23, 2019
    Male
    9:50 AM
    DMsRebirth
    The only thing Enrage needs is a rescaling so it starts at 21 atk at level 1 instead of 11 (because Rage on this server is 20 atk). Its max level stats are fine.

• Agree Agree x 5
  3. Sepio61

Sepio61 Chronos

Feb 24, 2018
    Male
    United States
    8:50 AM
    Sepio16
    Hero
    Winterfell
    The idea of DrKs having to be at low HP just to zerk seems outdated.

In GMS, being at low HP made sense because washing wasn’t part of the meta. DrKs had the highest HP in the game because they had HB while the other 2 warriors had less HP than DrKs did.

But with washing part of the meta, Heroes and Paladins can easily get to 30k HP without HB and they can be at their best potential without having to lower their HP. Meanwhile DrKs have to lower their HP to be at their best potential while Heroes and Paladins have the highest HP in the game now.

Additionally, since DrKs have to zerk to be at their best potential, they have to be extremely careful at hard hitting bosses (Nameless, Anego, BGA, PB). This is an issue that Heroes and Paladins don’t really have to deal with since most Heroes and Paladins wash to 30k anyway.

Plus DrKs are the only class in the game that don’t want Bishops to heal them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Eighty

Eighty Windraider

Jun 19, 2018
    Male
    Nepal
    7:35 PM
    Hundred
    Marksman
    Colors
  5. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    6:50 AM
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Corsairs zerk too.

6. Sepio61

Sepio61 Chronos

Feb 24, 2018
    Male
    United States
    Sepio16
    Hero
    Winterfell
    Unofficially yeah you’re right. But there are so many things wrong with corsairs that they are an entirely different topic. lmao

7. OP
    OP
    Magen

Magen Selkie Jr.

Mar 31, 2020
    Male
    3:50 PM
    bishopmage
    Cleric
    active
    from my experience when I talked to DKs they told me that they stopped wash after they achieve 30k with HB; simply because it was easier to get into zerk mode with less hp.
    tbh I didnt play DK my suggestion only from people ive been talked to who did play DK and my thought on it.
    I can see that I can't convince you although IDK why you disagree with it.

This is what I'm to say from the beginning ^^

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. MrPresident

MrPresident Capt. Latanica

Dec 19, 2017
    MrPresident
    Spearman
    If I wanted to play a 30k hp hold 1 button warrior I wouldn’t be playing a DK tho. If zerk was whatever your base HP was it’d just be a hero clone with HB imo which is whack. I’d much rather have a slightly buffed achilles, make beholder provide more defense/damage reduction, or make more boss attacks elemental so we take advantage of ele resist.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  9. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    If by wrong you mean having a higher learning curve, then sure. But some people don't want the learning curve on this game to be flatter than it already is. It seems like there's a lot of requests for handholding now a days guised as balance or QOL improvements.

10. MinuteFish

MinuteFish Red Snail

Jan 8, 2021
    Male
    12:50 AM
    CharlieM
    Beginner
    Like above I people mentioned I like my classes like I like women

as individual autonomous beings with their own unique strengths and weaknesses to be respected as a whole

I also would rather see shit like more elemental bosses or DKs having other perks (like they already do with chad HB being party buff vs the selfish Power Guard) rather than diluting every warrior into a one click 30k hp sponge

11. Sepio61

Sepio61 Chronos

Feb 24, 2018
    Male
    United States
    Sepio16
    Hero
    Winterfell
    They wouldn’t really be a hero clone. They’d still be more wanted for boss runs because they provide more for parties than Heroes do.

On top of that Heroes get Power Guard and Guardian (if 1 handed) so they are still more tanky in terms of touch damage. This means that it’s still unlikely that DrKs will stand on top of bosses such as Zakum, HT’s legs, Verga and Nameless the way that Heroes and Paladins do.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. MinuteFish

MinuteFish Red Snail

Jan 8, 2021
    Male
    12:50 AM
    CharlieM
    Beginner
    I think he means gameplay wise. Affording the party a buff that you personally do not notice very much in terms of how it affects your playstyle is not a big enough differentiator to make DK a different experience from Heroes

On the other hand living life with more risky 16.5k hp zerking cap and having to juggle your HP on top of the braindead Maple attack spam is alot different

The HP element shouldn't be changed. Why even call it Berserk at that point? Just call it like, Uncombo Orbs or something.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Nise

Nise Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    10:50 PM
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    Dark Knights
    First off, taking zerk away from DKs is so custom, that I'm willing to bet my entire savings that it 1) won't ever get popular support, 2) won't be approved even if it does get some modicum of support.

Second, you say "it's such an outdated concept" but we're here to play "old school maplestory" I think majority of the target audience wants to stay true to class concepts.

Third, DKs have the potential to do more damage than Heroes end game, since their weapon multiplier makes them insane with Apples. They benefit much more from SI and SE too.
    • Verga is duckable, so having to zerk doesn't even matter?
    • Nameless is doable too, so long as you can pot up right before his strong attack, but as FishyFishy said, just pot up before it. I also think with achiles, you can tank it while in zerk too, but im not 100% sure
    • HT legs, why would you wanna be there like heroes anyway xD you're just tanking tons of damage, when you can just be cleaving wings, arms, head.
    • PB, just move left side (as EightyEighty mentioned)
    Heroes
    Ah, the waste of 30 SP conundrum. *looks at my elemental boost and hypnotize on my sair* :^)

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Hero class-specific skills:
    1. Brandish
    2. ACA
    3. Enrage

Corsair class-specific skills:
    1. Battleship
    2. Battleship Cannon
    3. Battleship Torpedo
    4. Rapid Fire
    5. Bullseye
    6. Aerial Strike
    7. Wrath of the Octopi
    8. Elemental Boost
    9. Hypnotize

Quite the conundrum indeed.

15. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    9:50 PM
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    not too sure about the current HH, but if HH gets some buffs den it might be possible.

elemental weakness however is a pretty weak arguement. The very same strength they have against elementally-weak bosses are the same weakness they have against elementally-strong bosses.

Paladin have an identity of having the strongest melee single target DPM when elemental-weakness is not involved.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Jaewonnie

Jaewonnie Capt. Latanica

Apr 21, 2020
    Crimsonwood Mountain: Cavern of Pain
    PAWGChamp
    Buccaneer
    What if enrage was buffed to provide more weapon attack but also, due to being enraged, the hero has a chance to receive double damage! This solves the identity crisis of 30k HP heroes having more effective HP than DKs while preserving the braindead nature of just holding down brandish as hero.

Moreover, we could apply this as a party buff and watch your unwashed ranged character suddenly take 15k dmg from HT heads for exciting PVP content.

(Jk pls don't flame)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    9:50 PM
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    In previous discussions on enrage, any kind of buffs that overrides party/item buffs (SE, SI, apple, mw20) are well, not very well received :(

IF enrage is made into a party buff, things might be interesting tho, but also might be too op hahah

18. Rehab

Rehab Mushmom

Dec 21, 2016
    Male
    I am currently DK and I think the only improvement I would like for DK would be a substantial improvement in the amount of defense that Iron Will gives to allow Zerk to be handled more efficiently in the final bosses.

19. JDPJHC

JDPJHC Mixed Golem

Aug 6, 2017
    JDPJHC
    Hero
    Summer
    Which lvl 200 heros have you even talked to?
    Anyone that claims an extra 6 attack is not worth 30 SP at lvl 200 should not be giving any advice.

And anyone that claims heros need a buff also shouldnt be giving hero advice. Is the class kinda boring for most people? Sure, but its definitely a really strong class that takes little effort to wash.

Suggesting that we get buffed to do more single target makes 0 sense. We are a cleaving class.

Stop trying to make heros even easier than they are lol

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Quintarius

Quintarius Orange Mushroom

Nov 22, 2017
    Male
    Valtarius
    Dark Knight
    Soldier
    increasing the amount of defense iron will gives will not help with zerking due to hex of the beholder giving 100 weapon defense and 100 magic defense. The reason why that is important is because Hex of the beholder does not stack with iron will and instead completely overwrites iron will by giving 100 weapon defense and 100 magic defense. So unless iron will gets buffed to 101+weapon defense and 101+ magic defense (I doubt this will happen because it would cause hex of the beholder's defense buff to become completely useless) it will not help with zerking due to being overwritten by hex of the beholder.

• Informative Informative x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.