1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Ensuring new players know ToS: Maple Island Quizzes?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by thedgafclub, Jan 17, 2021.

Should ToS questions be included in Maple Island quizzes?

1. Yes

30 vote(s)
    62.5%
  2. No, they should be shown elsewhere (please provide suggestions)

3 vote(s)
    6.3%
  3. No, this is unnecessary

15 vote(s)
    31.3%
  1. Voxtagrams

Voxtagrams Headless Horseman

Jun 13, 2020
    5:05 AM
    The thing is with is is that when you(mostly me) would tell them to check TOS or Discord they would say "TOS?" "Discord?" or "What say me?"

When I was at Ghost Ship grinding my Cleric a bishop would go into my map and use genesis and say "fail" then 5 mins later, do it again saying "fail" again..

So if they got banned for 'KS: Harassment' I don't think they would even know or understand how to check their account dashboard. (I know, this sounds really mean..)

I just want everyone to be able to play together and enjoy a game we all play.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Slime

Slime Pixel Artist Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2015
    Male
    Israel
    2:05 PM
    Slime / OmokTeacher
    Beginner
    Flow
    This is a good idea.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. randomhs

randomhs Timer

May 25, 2020
    8:05 AM
    randomHS
    Oyasumi
    the language barrier is a pretty poor argument, given how everything in ML, including events/announcements and even the ToS, is written only in English :laugh:

+1

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    1:05 PM
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Pepper

Pepper Wolfspider

Sep 3, 2020
    Female
    Peppermint
    Bowmaster
    I think when Kimmy said they are random she meant that they appear random. Every tip was personally written.

6. Voxtagrams

Voxtagrams Headless Horseman

Jun 13, 2020
    5:05 AM
    Of course, Kimmy wrote all of the [Maple Tip]s XD

7. Aurum

Aurum King Slime

Nov 3, 2019
    Male
    Aduro
    F/P Wizard
    If all the MapleTips are completely randomized, then I am inferring that means that each MapleTip has an equal chance of popping up at a given time.

Just a thought, but, for issues where: (1) true bans are occurring frequently or (2) they are a distress for the longtime consumer community (e.g., issues like scamming, KSing someone with @mapowner -- these are just examples but idk for sure if these are truly pressing issues or not) would it perhaps be possible to increase awareness of ToS by increasing the rate/frequency/probability at which their corresponding MapleTips appear?

As an analogy, a similar method was done in the subway system where I live a few years back (I know this for a fact because my dad worked for the subway system). Many passengers were pressing the emergency alarm for issues where the emergency alarm was not supposed to be pressed. Many people did not know that the subway emergency alarm was only to be pressed "if medical, fire, or police services are required" according an announcement. To increase awareness of this matter, the subway personnel increased the rate/frequency at which this announcement was played (~every 15-20 minutes as an estimate) for a few months. By doing so, subway passengers who were moving about their day were more likely to listen the announcement (including those who might tune these announcements out, probably because it eventually gets actively heard). After a few months, the rates of wrongful alarm raising reduced significantly (well, I don't actually know if its statistically significant, but I'm pretty confident the issue improved).

So, like the example above, perhaps increasing the frequency of specific ToS MapleTips for problematic issues would produce a similar effect and overall increase both (1) new player awareness of certain ToS; and (2) longtime player satisfaction.

And, to be honest, some MapleTips aren't really useful imo, so, they don't need to appear as often. (But, I will admit some of them are indeed funny, like the one about correctly referring to Horny Mushrooms as Horned Mushrooms ! xD)

Just a thought.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Slime

Slime Pixel Artist Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2015
    Male
    Israel
    Slime / OmokTeacher
    Beginner
    Flow
    // This is going off topic but
    Actually, while the ones in the mini-dungeon, and the job advancement challenge are named Horned Mushroom, the ones in the plain Ant Tunnel maps are still named Horny Mushroom, that's a misleading tip. haha

9. theKatia

theKatia Capt. Latanica

Apr 29, 2017
    Female
    Asteracea
    Bowmaster
    Funk
    Seconded.