1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Pink Bean Tier List

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by akashsky, Jan 22, 2021.

1. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    3:01 AM
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    Shown below are class rankings in terms of how much damage they output at pink bean. This list does not include party utility as a factor (hence even though bishop is F tier you still want them on your run).

If there is interest, another list can be created that includes party utility.

Assumptions:
    1) All classes have critical party buffs (i.e. nightlords have SE)
    2) All classes are controlled and positioned well

Statue Phases:
    upload_2021-1-21_16-12-8.png
    Tier A: DPM 12m +
    Nightlord is by far the best attacker in the statue phase. They have long range so they can attack birds without activating them, high single target DPS, and high avoid + shadow shifter to output their high DPS despite all the stun / knockback spam that happens in statue phase.

Tier B: DPM 10m+
    Corsair, Bowmaster, and Marksman are similar to nightlords in range. However, the lack of avoidability makes them weak to the knockback / stun spam that happens in the statue phase.

Tier C: DPM 7m+
    Buccaneer, Shadower, Paladin, Hero, and Dark Knight all fall in C tier due to their average single target ability and low range. The low range means that they have some downtime on the statue phase where they can't attack anything, which brings down their DPM.

Tier D: DPM 4m+ (*not sure on how archmages perform here)
    Ice Lightning and Fire poison archmages make up tier D because of their low single target DPS. Furthermore, although they have ranged attacks, their range is not long enough to attack the birds without triggering them - hence as far as pink bean is concerned they are effectively "melee" attackers.

Tier F: DPM 0m+ (*not sure on how bishops perform here)
    Bishops have the lowest single target damage in the game, in addition to having the same issues as ice lightning and fire poison mages.

Body Phases:
    upload_2021-1-22_9-33-11.png

Old
    upload_2021-1-21_16-25-49.png

Tier A: DPM 5m+
    Nightlords are once again at the top for the same reasons - high single target damage and high avoid.

Tier B: DPM 4m+
    Arch Mages are actually very strong at pink bean because it does not resist magic damage. While every physical attacker is doing half damage, mages can do their full damage. Corsair, Bowmaster, and Marksman are also up in B tier for their high single target DPS - however they will fall short of nightlords.

Tier C: DPM 3-3.5m+
    Buccaneer, Shadower and Hero make their claim to C tier. They all have stance / avoid / iframes which let them consistently output their reasonable single target dps on the bean. Paladin falls at the lower end of C tier since they are a bit weaker than hero (because paladin is forced to use their "weaker" thunder charge on the bean).

Tier D: DPM 1.5-2m+
    Dark Knight make up tier D. Dark Knight, although they have reasonable single target damage, is also put in D tier because they usually do not "zerk". If a dark knight zerks 100% then they could probably go up to C tier.

Tier F: DPM 1m+
    Pink bean resists holy so bishops do half damage with holy attacks. This combined with already doing the lowest single target dps in the game makes them the worst damage dealer in pink bean.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  2. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Usually, tier lists are based off of maximum potential. With that regard, I would probably reclassify Dragon Knights back to C-tier as 'they generally do not zerk' doesn't reflect optimal play. Any S-tier character can play at F-tier level depending on skill level.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Holp

Holp Master Chronos Retired Staff

Nov 13, 2018
    Male
    9:01 PM
    kKayo
    Shadower
    Toot
    I think the only things I question is Shad and MM ranking at body stage.
    With how often PB DRs, I believe Shads start to shine being able to get a full charged Assassinate off. Also with PB's resistances, Shads can get the full potential out of Assassinate since they don't reach cap damage as often. I think this put them near top-tier. The only problem is when you get hit in Dark Sight and pet doesn't heal you, you gotta exit Dark Sight, potentially dropping your damage output. (Although after full charge, the Assassinate spam can range from great to poop because it becomes ping reliant. :cry:)
    Since the assumption is 'All classes are controlled and positioned well', I assume MMs would be positioned so they don't snipe from the left side. :sleep:

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Nise

Nise Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    7:01 PM
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    I think based on your assumptions of everyone having critical skills and buffs, I'd probably say a few classes seem to be mispositioned.

Marksmen at least B tier, maybe A tier
    Based on the ideal position assumption, MMs should be:
    • At the side they can snipe
    • Have SI
    • Be positioned in a place that requires the least repositioning (hugging wall / corner pin strat)
    Heroes/AMs
    Heros are definitely a tier higher than Paladin and DKs as you mentioned, but I don't think that AMs so significantly out damage Heroes to be put an entire tier above. Hugging wall / corner pin strat leads to less repositioning after knock back, so with better DPM optimization, I think melees aren't as bad as a lot of people point them out to be. AMs also do get a bit of a damage inflation cus of the Beans that appear. Since we're only talking about damage to body, and not utility, factor that out and the two are probably on par with each other.

Shads
    What HolpHolp said :p

DKs
    Tier position is probably right, but rather than seeing it as either zerk or no zerk, probably better to see it as what % of time they can zerk. In that case, it's good to refer to the bottom table:

ClassDmg % Retained @ PB
    Marksman60.84%
    Paladin40.72%
    Dark Knight (50 - 75% zerk up time)37.50 ~ 43.75%
    Other classes***50%
    ***Corsair and Shadowers are exceptions to the other classes, since they're more situational.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  5. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    It's okay to be mean to DKs, it helps contribute to the zerk life when we sustain emotional damage. We already know we're only around for HB and would be a dead class otherwise.

You're better off focusing on survival than trying to keep a consistent zerk, as snatch or rush will kill you no matter how skilled you are at zerking. So given the poor range of crusher there's always at least half a dozen people able to kill you at any given moment.

Unless full buffs means 100% smoke uptime DKs should be down a spot everywhere.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Funny Funny x 3
  6. Sepio61

Sepio61 Chronos

Feb 24, 2018
    Male
    United States
    5:01 AM
    Sepio16
    Hero
    Winterfell
    Did you give warriors and MM SI when determining this list?

7. Haaaaayyyyy

Haaaaayyyyy Red Snail

Oct 23, 2020
    Does physical damage resistance and elemental resistance stack on top of each other for paladins during the body phase?

8. MrPresident

MrPresident Capt. Latanica

Dec 19, 2017
    6:01 AM
    MrPresident
    Spearman
    Only change I’d make is moving pally up to hero tier on body because they’re closer to hero than DK. I think there should also be some DPM ranges so people can see why classes are being ranked the way they are. For DK figures I was doing about 1.3m dpm on PB with 0% zerking and about 1.9m dpm was my highest with some zerking (maybe 35%?). Both of those could be higher with SI but not significantly enough to change DK tier.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Vowels

Vowels Slimy

Jan 23, 2019
    7:01 AM
    untrue
    Bishop
    Pasta
    Let's talk about the inflation. It's fair to have your opinion as an initial thought because archmages do 199,999~ damage on minibeans if they ult.

Should they ult though? When mini-beans spawn everyone's attacks are so fast that attackers end up doing most of the mini-beans damage. Almost instantly, as soon as they spawn there isn't a lot of HP left on them. You can see in this gif how, contrary to common sense, attackers are actually the ones inflating their dpm with mini beans:

[​IMG]

Was that a triple throw killing a mini-bean, I also see brandish and crusher. Meteor -if used- only overkills and is not needed when Bishops can easily wipe the already hurt mini-beans with one or two genesis instead of spaming dispel in the corner.

Now consider this:
    Paralyze: 720ms
    Meteor Shower: 3060ms

F/P archmages give up 4.25 casts of paralyze everytime they ult, which significantly hurts their real PB body dpm. For example Oradious was only able to white Serperior when he stopped using meteor in body stage. And if archmage is able to do similar or more damage than BM I highly doubt Heros can do as much, not even close and you would also have to consider brandish inflated cleave on mini-beans dpm.

• Great Work Great Work x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  10. OP
    OP
    akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    Shadower is at the higher end of C tier. It could probably be pushed to the lower end of B tier as well, but currently, I've yet to see a shadower bean dpm of over 4m which is what I consider a B tier class.

For marksman, if you are sniping from the right side, you have to deal with constantly getting super knock backed >> from pink beans big bang attack which cuts down dpm. Though this may have some merit. Another reason why I have not put marksman in B tier is I have not seen a 4m+ dpm from one.

I disagree with shads and I think they are in the right place, but again if someone can do over 4m dpm with a shad then I think its fair to move it up to b tier. Same for marksman (though I think you both are probably right on this one).

Archmage is certainly better than hero. Ora doesn't have perfect gear and has done over 4m DPM without using meteor once in his dpm tests. Archmages can attack from the left side as well to avoid dealing with repositioning.

Yes, this makes paladin have to use thunder charge. If they could use holy charge, paladin would probably be high C tier.

Yes

Added some DPM Figures. Also with these numbers in mind, I think paladin might need to be changed to the lower end of C tier and leave dark in D tier. Or Perhaps I should just leave it the same, since with a higher zerk % dark could probably stay in D tier, or be in C

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. Toon

Toon Capt. Latanica

May 22, 2020
    Male
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    Toon
    Marksman
    Pasta
    well my highest dpm is 3.5m as a marsman but i don’t have perfect gears and i’m 187. 7.2K range clean. I dont know how much it would scale with a better range.

12. OP
    OP
    akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    Can you provide a list of your attack gears? If you can do 3.5 at 187, 4m at lv 200 sounds reasonable. I think I should move MM to B tier.

13. Toon

Toon Capt. Latanica

May 22, 2020
    Male
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    Toon
    Marksman
    Pasta
    sure
    38 dex 15 str hat
    35 dex 5 str overall
    23 avoid shoes
    16 att gloves
    14 att cape
    135 xbow
    5 dex 1 str eye
    8 dex face
    23 dex 23 str htp
    tier 10 ring
    event rings

• Great Work Great Work x 2
  14. OP
    OP
    akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    Also how long was your DPM test?

15. Toon

Toon Capt. Latanica

May 22, 2020
    Male
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    Toon
    Marksman
    Pasta
    epm 5. after the first reflect. but i got it more than once. don’t think it’s inflated from long dr CD’s. Usually epm 5 goes from 3.2-3.5. For sure i have to test epm 20 still.
    And btw statues dpm is much worse now and MM has much lower DPM on statues than BM as we have to stay with cleave instead of hitting right bird.

16. Nise

Nise Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    But that's why you do the hug the wall/corner pin strat where you position PB far closer to the wall. That way you never have to reposition. The only down time is when you have the lingering effects of super knockback. But for not having to move anywhere and just afk hold down the button. It should still be pretty comparable to being on the left, but having to reposition due to the 1/1 knocking you right, and reposition due to PB being KBed towards you.

17. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    A true leecher

• Funny Funny x 2
  18. OP
    OP
    akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    I think that statue dpm would be similar to corsair / bowmaster if you go with the range, so I will leave it as such.

This works out in theory, but has some issues in practice.

1) Pink bean moves throughout the run, meaning that you can't maintain that positioning 100% of the time.
    2) Buccaneers using barrage knocks the bean away <<, and snatch isn't always 100% responsive.

Anyways assuming that you maintain that position for the majority of the fight I agree that MM should probably be able to get 4m+ dpm, hence they have been moved to B tier on the bean.

• Like Like x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  19. Toon

Toon Capt. Latanica

May 22, 2020
    Male
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    Toon
    Marksman
    Pasta
    Lololol i can only think of epm. my bad

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. jefa

jefa Slime

Nov 4, 2019
    Male
    jafa
    Magician
    I have question about hero and pally.

At ML library,

Pb strong against Holy, fire, ice and neutral element.
    So lightning is nomal against pb.

How this lightning blast is weaker than be halved brandish??