1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Pirate Unlimited Corsair Works - A Comprehensive Corsair Guide

Discussion in 'Jobs' started by akashsky, Dec 22, 2019.

1. ItsXun

ItsXun Blue Snail

Sep 29, 2020
    Male
    USA
    5:02 AM
    Lion
    Bishop
    So im level 70 and trying to do the job adv quest.. i have all my AP into int, and am unable to beat the boss due to her creating copies of herself.

any tips?
    is a party allowed in?

2. OP
    OP
    akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    4:02 AM
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    You need to get some dex gear (zak helmet, dexbathrobe, dex earring, dex shoe, dex face etc.) and use a high attack potion (heartstopper / onxy apple). Also a maple canon shooter is a must. If you don't want to get any gear, its also perfectly fine to wait until you are level 120 to do the third job advance.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Jyennie

Jyennie Red Snail

Sep 10, 2020
    Male
    7:02 PM
    Jyennie
    For corsair does it make sense to equip a scrolled 20+ str white marquini instead of 20+ str red belly duke to equip a lvl 120 gun? So that my base str can be kept lower

4. OP
    OP
    akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    Yes, they should both give you the same end result assuming the same stats. If you are having trouble reaching the 90 base required to wear the marquini you can also go for the lv 80 pirate overall (white pioneer). I currently use a white pioneer as my str overall.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Jyennie

Jyennie Red Snail

Sep 10, 2020
    Male
    Jyennie
    Nice! Thanks for the advice!!

6. Jeryey

Jeryey Slime

Nov 3, 2020
    Male
    8:02 AM
    Jeryey
    Marauder
    Tavern
    I want to know if this applies to all of the classes if it is so i think we are screwed with my gf and I

I mean if the goal to achive a long amount of HP you need to only put INT in your build since lvl 5 its absurd...

We start at lvl 60 doing this at about lvl 63 we reset all our Dex / Str to put all in INT right now we are 71 and like 4 lvls we wash mp (like 1 to 3 times with fresh ap)

We want to challenge all the bosses (include PB and the Toad and those you mention) we are Ranger and Marauder

I saw that all of you are helping with formulaes to achive those milestones and i want to know that too if this characters we do sucks and we need to start all over again or we can still trying to make an effort to play with them (those are our first characters to play the game and it took us a lot of effort to reach those leveles)... For me will be a punch in the face to not be able to perform in all the enviroment because i like to do all the things the game can be provided...

Can someone PM me so i can give you mi current stats and the hp and mp base that i have?

7. OP
    OP
    akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    My guide only provides the formulas / advice specifically for corsairs. It is not accurate for other classes. For the ranger, what you fear is true. For the marauder not so much provided that you have hyperbody.

8. Jeryey

Jeryey Slime

Nov 3, 2020
    Male
    8:02 AM
    Jeryey
    Marauder
    Tavern
    Where i can get help from guys who use Rangers and have the same insight as you? Or can help me with that.

Thanks in advance!

9. Nimbus

Nimbus Horny Mushroom

Oct 31, 2017
    Male
    Perú
    6:02 AM
    GrayNimbus
    Corsair
    Nimbus
    First off, CONGRATS ON 200!

I wanted to ask a specific build question regarding Gaviota.

I am already at level 152, about to max my bossing core by lv 160 (Max Octopi + MW10, saving MW20 for later). When I boss, I see myself summoning BOTH the octopi + Gaviota while dismounting AND summoning Gaviota every chance I get while on the ship. This maximizes my DPS because I just do more lines of dmg to the boss with the help of the summons.

On the other hand, I see myself using Flamethrower less and less, even when I hunt for event drops or just grinding (I already finished my T10 ring). Compared to Ice Splitter's utility, I find Flamethrower's damage and DoT lackluster, and idk if Elemental boost will really fix that problem (since Ice Splitter + Battleship Torpedo should be your go-to skill for high lv mobs by then, right?).

So what I was thinking is that I should just use some 3rd Job SP resets and MAX Gaviota while reducing Flamethrower and take that skill out of my keybinds altogether. Gaviota's basic attack at max lv is just some points shy of Octopi's attacks at lv20, so in theory I will gain 3 more decent lines of damage when I boss by spamming my 2 summons whenever I can.

Is this worth it? Do High Lv Corsairs ever use the Ice Splitter + Flamethrower Combo again (when Ele Boost is maxed, for example)? I certainly don't use it on bosses and I seldom use the combo outside of killing low lv mobs faster.

The only problem I see is that, now that I won't really use Flamethrower, maxing Elemental Boost is useless, which basically forces me to keep it at lv16 and max out Hypnotize instead. And I know Hypnotize is just... not good. But I guess it goes fairly well with my "summon" build.

Idk what you think of this build change. Maybe I could do this for now and then revert to Flamethrower 30 once I max Elemental Boost later in the game?

Please, let me know what you think.

10. OP
    OP
    akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    The ice splitter + flamethrower combo is only useful for niche situations (like for example if you are cleaving cwkpq bosses while battleship is on cooldown). This can happen if you are range heavy and one of your cleave attackers DC in the boss run. It's also useful for card farming on high density maps (flamethrower + ice splitter are very fast attacks).

I think that your build idea is fine (and I might do the same myself depending on if mw30 is reasonable to obtain), but its alot of effort for ~100-200k extra dpm. I personally just octopi when i feel like it, and never use gaviota. But yes, you are right that using them both at the right timings would give you higher DPS.

I never ended up putting any points into hypnotize, so I don't know any situation where its useful. Some of my corsair friends on other servers have told me its good for mob control at the shoalin boss that summons clones of himself, but I've never tested this out myself on legends.

You can search the rankings and try to whisper some top bowmasters in game, like SERPERIOR.

11. Nimbus

Nimbus Horny Mushroom

Oct 31, 2017
    Male
    Perú
    6:02 AM
    GrayNimbus
    Corsair
    Nimbus
    Yeah, that is kinda what I was thinking. I am already done with card hunting, so I guess the use of Flamethrower + Ice Splitter is even more niche for me. I feel I've already made the best use of them (grinding from 70-120 and farming low lv mobs for cards) and now flamethrower is just sitting there with 30 points that I think could be better spent if I just spend NX to respec the points. The only sad part is that I would still need to put 16 points on Ele Boost to max the freeze time. But since I plan to play this character long-term I guess it wouldn't hurt to try.

On the other hand, Gaviota is free damage! Unlike Octopi, there are no animation frames wasted while summoning it and you can do it while you're in the ship (I do it while spamming Battleship Cannon). But it is true that its DPM is very low because of the time it takes for Gaviota to find the target and then the 5 seconds of CD to re-cast it. My calc is that you can summon 1 gaviota every 7-8 cannon shots (w/ booster), and that the cooldown isn't that bad considering it starts the moment you cast it; not when it ends. But if you keep it at lv15 then of course all of your other attacks scale better, so why bother.

Finally... Dang, that Hypno strat on JC clones is genious lol. Those dudes have 15M HP.

I'll let you know if I end up going for this build. But you're right that I shouldn't expect a HUGE change in DPM.

EDIT: I just realized SP resets are on 50% discount this event LOL. I'm gonna definitely try it out now.

12. RainbowYarn

RainbowYarn Pink Teddy

Jan 14, 2020
    Male
    United Kingdom
    11:02 AM
    Just advanced to Outlaw!

I assume lv1 burst fire is, as the guide says, less dps than lv20 double shot? Seems so strange as it does 95% x3 (285%) against 130% x2 (260), but the slower speed makes it weaker overall.

And we still need those blaze capsule thingies?

13. OP
    OP
    akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    Yes, this is because on this server our double shot is actually very buffed. In vanilla, I believe it is worth to put even 1 point into burstfire. However, since our double shot is so strong, you should hold off on putting points into burst fire.

And yes, you need the capsules if you want to use the ice / fire skills.

-----------------------------------------------------
    Some small Updates.

1) Added scarlion to the bossing section.

2) Replaced the 11.5k HP by level 160 goal with 13k by level 160 in the HP washing section. The reason for this is because with 13k base HP, you can reach over 15k after farming the best in slot HP items. Having over 15k HP combined with hyperbody will put you over 24k, which will let you safely take Pink bean's touch damage. This is pretty useful because this means you can safely cross sides.

Furthermore, washing from 11.5k to 13k isn't a big change build wise, you just do a few more MP washes. You still need the same 250 base int.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. rambo

rambo Pink Teddy

Apr 13, 2020
    Male
    21blvck
    Akash, are you gonna post a video on how Corsair can optimise their dpm in HT soon? (Positioning, which HT Animation to unboat and etc)

15. RegalStar

RegalStar Nightshadow

Sep 23, 2019
    Male
    7:02 AM
    DMsRebirth
    On last night's PB run I was able to cross PB by taking a magic hit nearby and walking through while on iFrame, so you don't really need 15k to walk across (though I guess it would be nice to have, especially as it could take a while before PB decides to use a fullscreen that hits behind it instead of the fireball)

• Informative Informative x 4
  16. OP
    OP
    akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    I don't think I am going to post a concrete video pointing out these things specifically, a lot of it is stuff you will learn from fighting the boss over and over. But I will be posting a video of me fighting horntail.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Updates:
    Modified Horntail part of bossing section and added a video link showing 2 horntail runs with the level 200 KAKINE SQUAD.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Jyennie

Jyennie Red Snail

Sep 10, 2020
    Male
    Jyennie
    Hi Akash, I want to ask for your opinion.
    Since we have to equip avoidability gear (i.e. Sauna Robe and Shoe) when going for certain boss run, is it advisable for me to just wear a dex red belly duke? (instead of keeping low base str and wearing a str overall armor)
    By doing this, I can freely switch between avoidability set and higher dps set. Because I am thinking if I am keeping a very low base str, and wear a str overall just enough to equip my gun, I would not have the flexibility to switch to avoidability meta when I need to. Please advise T_T

18. PandaOnPanda

PandaOnPanda Timer

Jun 29, 2019
    PandaOn___
    Paladin, I/L Arch Mage, Corsair
    Homies
    For myself at least, I scrolled a white pioneer for luk instead of a sauna robe so that I could get the bonus +7 str from it. That was enough for me to get to 100 str with 35 base str so that I could equip my concerto and now I'm just working on making a decent enough dex white pioneer as well. Granted, I needed the green christmas sock in order to reach that so I am at the moment dependent on event equips and I don't have avoid shoes (until I can get a decent enough spec goggles/ele pierce), but it's doable and still allowed me to reach the 250 avoid minimum for HT at lvl 161. White pioneers only need 80str to equip, so low base str + scar helm + HT pendant + tier 10 ring will be enough to wear it. You miss out on the extra 10 avoid the robe will give you but the extra 7 str is worth it IMO

• Like Like x 1
  19. OP
    OP
    akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    Yes, I think higher base strength is the way to go. I personally have 40 base str on my corsair and I swap off between dex overall + MoN + Dex shoes and luk overall + HTP + Avoid shoes.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. xRuru

xRuru Slime

Nov 2, 2020
    Male
    xRuru
    Corsair
    Neverland
    Although I’m not as high of a level as you, I’ve personally always loved using Gaviota. The added dps for free isn’t terribly noticeable I’ve found, but it’s still free damage. The biggest use I’ve always found it to be was during a BF solo hunting session since birb can keep the Jr. wraiths off of you while you pin.

• Like Like x 1