1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Ban Multi Client at Pianus

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Kenjino, Jan 25, 2021.

1. Kenjino

Kenjino Slime

Aug 23, 2020
    7:42 PM
    Imagine Going to Pianus only to Found out 6 Out of 8 Chnl Occupied by Mules...Hopefully GM able to do something about it.

Correct Me if I'm Wrong, Take Example Manon / Griffey GM Have Make Changes to The Drop Rate of Holy Shield and Spawn Rate Timing to 1.5hr. If Possible Maybe Could do The Same for Pianus so Every Single Player Could Have a Chance to Hunt Rush 30 or Certificate. From My Knowledge Pianus Have a Spawn Rate of 23Hrs Which Makes it Difficult to Catch a Pianus Unless You Have a Timer or By Camping. The Difficulty Face By Single Player with No Mules / Multiple Character is The Pesudo Map Owner That Prevent Other Players From Having a Chance to Kill Pianus Due to The Long Spawn Timing Compare to a Player w Multiple Character and Claiming Pesudo Map Owners On Multiple Channels. Maybe in Future, Changes Could be Made to Benefit Every Single Player without the Need of Depriving Other Player a Chance to Kill Pianus and Hunt Rush 30 or Certificate.

• Disagree Disagree x 6
    • Agree Agree x 5
  2. stomachache

stomachache Horny Mushroom

Mar 11, 2020
    Tokyo
    8:42 PM
    Remorse
    Hero
    Colors
    Imagine complaining when you're just surfing instead of putting the effort of camping.

• Like Like x 7
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    Kenjino

Kenjino Slime

Aug 23, 2020
    ive tried camping and fail miserably even when i have timer and the moment a person claim pesudo mapowner my effort are all wasted down the drain when i have 1 Char to begin with unlike other people which have multiple characters.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. stomachache

Mar 11, 2020
    Tokyo
    Remorse
    Hero
    Colors
    You have timer and yet you are unable to enter the map first and claim pseudo-mapownership.

Do you really have the timers?

• Agree Agree x 5
  5. asdfjkliang

asdfjkliang Selkie Jr.

Jul 10, 2017
    Male
    7:42 AM
    Mirage
    Hero
    Influence
    While we are on pianus topic. Can we increase the drop rate of rush 30? I believe it only drops from Pianus (R), if not, at least have both Pianus drop it

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. OP
    OP
    Kenjino

Kenjino Slime

Aug 23, 2020
    yeah i keep notes and fyi how to claim mapowner when 6 of of 8 chnls are occupied by mules/people. hence I've "Tried and Fail Miserably"

7. stomachache

Mar 11, 2020
    Tokyo
    Remorse
    Hero
    Colors
    The second wave of pianus is obviously going to get camped because everybody knows when they died duh. That really doesn't sounds like a tough effort for me. Barely trying and fail miserably.

Absolutely agree on this, I've literally kept all of the Pianus(R) timer *maybe missed 3 or 4 fishes* throughout the week before maintenance happened, and all I've seen were 2 books dropped. (Of course, they failed)

[​IMG]

8. OP
    OP
    Kenjino

Kenjino Slime

Aug 23, 2020
    yeah oh well...sold all my miniature pianus to fund my items :( and if i have multiple high levels mules i would have done what everyone is doing but shucks that i only have one character at the moment. its not hard but with multiple mules it makes it easier compare to one character just saying

9. imsteven

imsteven Mushmom

Jul 9, 2018
    Male
    Shines
    Night Lord
    If you have timers, why didn't you camp earlier?

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. OP
    OP
    Kenjino

Kenjino Slime

Aug 23, 2020
    if im not busy with my life activities i would have camp eariler but ive work projects and i usually come 30mins-1hr before spawn timing but u know theres other people who have timers as well and im not as commited as other players.

11. imsteven

imsteven Mushmom

Jul 9, 2018
    Male
    Shines
    Night Lord
    I don't see why other people should be banned for putting in more effort and hard work.

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. OP
    OP
    Kenjino

Kenjino Slime

Aug 23, 2020
    its not Banned Character is Banned "Multi Client" the issue i dont find it fair for people with 1 Character waiting for Pianus compare to a Single Person using 3-4 Mules to Camp Pianus and Claim Pesudo Map Owner

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. JDPJHC

JDPJHC Mixed Golem

Aug 6, 2017
    JDPJHC
    Hero
    Summer
    Lets continue to make this game easier for our own selfish gain instead of putting in the work. Putting in time and effort to make things in the game easier in the long run is overrated anyways!

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. porl

porl Mixed Golem

May 30, 2020
    Male
    10:42 PM
    Bishop, Night Lord, Buccaneer
    Pasta
    I believe the admins ruled some time ago that if you were holding a HT channel with no intention of using it within a certain amount of minutes, you would be considered "griefing" (or some other term) & you would get punished for it. I feel like the situation in this topic is similar enough that the previous ruling could also apply here. This is made worse because there, as far as im aware, is no ownership expiry on these pseudo-map owner boss maps (where you don't need to be actively killing mobs), which makes it so much worse in this scenario.

There have been several times where the playerbase has been entrusted to behave in a fair, respectable & reasonable way for the benefit of both themselves & others in the game, so that the admins can let the playerbase effectively police itself & sadly it hasn't always turned out that way, meaning admin intervention is sometimes needed. I believe the issue in this topic is another such case.

This behaviour isn't exclusive to Pianus either, I've seen people plant multiple chars in many other boss maps. If multi-clienting across different channels isn't somehow preventable (in the same way it was preventable if on the same channel several months ago), then there should be a new rule stating you can't camp multiple boss channels. This would mean you can't just take a screenshot on multiple mules when you first arrive, safely command & hold map owner on all of them until you either get bored enough to leave, the boss spawns (& dies) or you disconnect. If a user suspects someone has multiple accounts holding maps, then they can report them with multiple timestamped screenshots for admins to check the IP's of all the map-holding accounts and take action.

The solution in this case shouldn't be to "just have your own 8 characters in the map camping there first", because all you are doing is just hoarding a map and completely preventing anyone else from having a chance to fight the boss, while you could hypothetically fight up to 8 of them in a row (if the timers line up). As it stands, people are incentivized to plant as many mules as possible on as many boss channels as they can hold to block others from attempting to fight the boss. It would be a far better system if players couldn't camp boss maps with multiple mules in the first place.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Disagree Disagree x 6
  15. JDPJHC

JDPJHC Mixed Golem

Aug 6, 2017
    JDPJHC
    Hero
    Summer
    Pianus isnt bossing. Comparing it to what goes on in HT is just laughable. This is an area boss :geek:.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. yurain

yurain Windraider

Dec 30, 2019
    YUrain
    I/L Wizard
    Give you a tip for your problem.
    If you are able to camp it in 6/8 chn at least for like 1 week straight, someone will surely take their attention to it.

You just need to exploit it hard enough first...something something 5-6f :ninja:

17. Huiae

Huiae Headless Horseman

Aug 1, 2015
    Female
    Seoul, Korea
    Verdict
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    I didnt know camping for field bosses can trigger someones wishes for ban of campers. Seems i should leave map instantly if there isnt spawn not to be sued.

Lets not be silly. You can still come earlier than that camper you hope to ban. But you didnt.

For quests, you can ask their help. (I've never saw someone rejects my asking for certi quest on pianus yet). For $, there are lots of alternative ways instead of camping in pianus waiting eternity. Is this for your feeling of domination....?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. Eighty

Eighty Windraider

Jun 19, 2018
    Male
    Nepal
    5:27 PM
    Hundred
    Marksman
    Colors
    Likening HT to an area boss.. hmm.

I would like to extend it to grinding too then. Since I was unable to find a himes map during the time I was free to play, we should implement a timeout duration. Perhaps after 15 minutes anyone grinding at himes should get sent back to town so that everyone gets a fair chance to grind there. <- Sounds silly because it was never unfair to begin with.

19. Huiae

Huiae Headless Horseman

Aug 1, 2015
    Female
    Seoul, Korea
    Verdict
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    I dont find it fair for my lv.10 warrior which I made just 10 mins ago can't join PB run and get 100m+ fat split like other guys who played this game from long ago. I ask for fair.

I love how many ppls misunderstand about 'fairness'.

All he did is doable for you too. Just he did, you didnt. That's fairness.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. OP
    OP
    Kenjino

Kenjino Slime

Aug 23, 2020
    It Seems This Thread is Getting Out of Topic, This is Just a Suggestion "Lets Agree to Disagree". It Would be Great if People Could Give Constructive Solution instead of Rubbing Salt to the Wound.