1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Add an 'edit text' object on ML vote section

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Magen, Feb 5, 2021.

1. Magen

Magen Selkie Jr.

Mar 31, 2020
    Male
    7:14 PM
    bishopmage
    Cleric
    active
    Hey
    Quick suggestion to ML site
    I just thought it would be nice to have a edit text option on Vote section on the site so we could just write down the character's ID and click on red/blue Kimmy to vote for it.
    The last site update made the daily vote to be even more slow than what it used to be ( need to do captcha human check to login to the char)
    So to vote for your character you should pass 3 (!) human checks per character to be able to vote and ofc air planet mode and etc...
    Before people asking me to edit the website address and add the character's ID there, I just think it would be more easier to be able to edit it on a edit text object
    Thanks for reading :)
    Btw
    If people would like to I ccan develop an app that simple do it but I think it's point less since it's all about little tweak that could be added on the site it self.

• Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • Creative Creative x 1
  2. Aesop

Aesop Orange Mushroom Retired Staff

Jul 8, 2020
    Female
    Aesop
    Hero
    You can bypass it by bookmarking the GTOP page on different browsers (or the same one, if that works for you)

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    Magen

Magen Selkie Jr.

Mar 31, 2020
    Male
    bishopmage
    Cleric
    active
    Thanks for the reply but this was well known before.
    My issue with editing the link address is some browsers not letting change the address but just copy it and I just thought edit text option would be just 'nice to have' thing :)

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    6:14 PM
    So many I keep forgetting
    It would literally be the same amount of effort to type your account name into the edit text field as it would be to adjust the appended account name in the URL.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. imsteven

imsteven Mushmom

Jul 9, 2018
    Male
    12:14 PM
    Shines
    Night Lord
    If you can't do any of those options listed above, here's another one. Use a URL shortener

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    9:14 AM
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    I like it, mostly as a means so that it doesn't need to be explained to every new player coming along. Technical solutions like bookmarking aren't very elegant or intuitive to your average player.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  7. Tobenism

Tobenism Slime

Dec 25, 2020
    Male
    11:14 PM
    ◕`ω´◕
    better just write a very simple script by yourself and people will give you credit for it~

8. OP
    OP
    Magen

Magen Selkie Jr.

Mar 31, 2020
    Male
    bishopmage
    Cleric
    active
    I made a tiny app which i use right now to vote with. its only for android (IOS SUCKS)
    I dont know if I can publish it (if its forbidden or not), but if any staff member will give his confirmation for it ill publish it.
    this is how it looks like. took me 10minutes todo.
    upload_2021-2-8_12-40-20.png

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  9. Voxtagrams

Voxtagrams Headless Horseman

Jun 13, 2020
    From Discord

GTOP:
    https://gtop100.com/topsites/MapleS...Hackers-87398?vote=1&pingUsername=LOGINIDHERE

At the end change LOGINIDHERE to your LoginID and then bookmark the page
    Each vote reset you visit the URL and vote.

TOPG:
    https://topg.org/maplestory-private-servers/in-605064-LOGINIDHERE

Like for TOPG you change LOGINIDHERE to your Login ID

I don't see anything here thats difficult.. for macs, you can just paste the link into the notes app and it links it so you can just click on it, even without it copying and pasting the link and changing the ending of link with your login info should take less than a minute, even so you could just poke the URL and drag your finger to the right and edit it manually.

edit link.jpeg

I vote with 5 accounts on mobile I'm still able to 'edit' the URL so I'm not sure why you're stating that its difficult when its really not.

Also, some apps could take peoples information so this screenshot looking app that you've created seems highly fishy to me.

https://gyazo.com/8343a91b7be8b0d7a360655d1329598a

• Like Like x 1
  10. OP
    OP
    Magen

Magen Selkie Jr.

Mar 31, 2020
    Male
    bishopmage
    Cleric
    active
    Basically you are right that's why I didn't publish it.
    Anyways if you want the source code (basically like 10 lines of code?) I can post it too.
    My point is it could be nice to have this feature on the site it self.
    I'm not asking you to use my private app haha it basically developed to my use only haha

• Great Work Great Work x 1
  11. Tobenism

Tobenism Slime

Dec 25, 2020
    Male
    11:14 PM
    ◕`ω´◕
    oh i'm dumb, didn't realize it is meant for voting on phone, hence this suggestion.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. Voxtagrams

Jun 13, 2020
    I was posting my meme in a different thread, alrighty then.. browsers are able to be edited on mobile just go to the url it will highlight all of it, if not short finger press the url bar until its highlighted then slide your finger across to the right it will move to the end of the link once at the end you can poke the url again to unhighlight it then making sure that the blinking vertical line is at the end delete LOGINIDHERE and put in your login details and then poke enter and it will load the webpage.

GTOP:
    https://gtop100.com/topsites/MapleS...Hackers-87398?vote=1&pingUsername=LOGINIDHERE

At the end change LOGINIDHERE to your LoginID and then bookmark the page
    Each vote reset you visit the URL and vote.

TOPG:
    https://topg.org/maplestory-private-servers/in-605064-LOGINIDHERE

Like for TOPG you change LOGINIDHERE to your Login ID.

Hope that helps anyone else.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Precel

Precel Zakum Retired Staff

Nov 13, 2018
    Male
    Precel
    Priest
    Spirit
    I think this reply is just missing the point, OP already knows how to do all of this.

-

I agree with Alyosha that this suggestion would make voting more intuitive. ML has this problem of using workarounds as semi-permanent solutions (rightfully so, there are simply too many obscure problems for an old game like MapleStory), so it'd be nicer to see things as minor as voting gets a better QoL instead of a workaround. I tried to think of any drawbacks and I don't see much since it's already possible to vote with only login ID. At most it might be ugly but that's fixable with a proper UX/UI design.

The input field will need to be locked if a user is logged in already.

14. Voxtagrams

Jun 13, 2020
    They edited their post.

EDIT: as seen here they even replied to their own post which shows its original content. https://gyazo.com/750f427893a05b9f5deb64fca8553600

Screen Shot 2021-02-09 at 10.04.35 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-02-09 at 10.01.52 AM.png

15. Precel

Precel Zakum Retired Staff

Nov 13, 2018
    Male
    Precel
    Priest
    Spirit
    The screenshots are in line with what I read before and the screenshots clearly show that he's already aware of how he can vote by changing the address.

The only arguable part is about browsers that don't let him change address. I don't know what browsers he's talking about (all i can think of are embed browsers idk?), but even then you already tried to cover this in the previous post. I guess I just see it as slightly off-topic, especially because it's posted twice.

Anyway I'm sure it will help someone out there who didn't know how to vote without logging in. Just wanted to say that it's still worth considering OP's suggestion imo.

• Informative Informative x 2
  16. OP
    OP
    Magen

Magen Selkie Jr.

Mar 31, 2020
    Male
    bishopmage
    Cleric
    active
    hey guys,
    i see many of you didnt like the suggestion and its okay!
    i wrote this not for my personally needs, just tried to make things easier to those who dont know how to edit or work with website address, as im a developer i dont really need a guide how to do so hehe.
    anyways, you can close the thread (or could I do it?) cause I see many people just didnt like the idea or go off topic by talking about my dummy private app.
    thanks for everyone! cheers!

• Friendly Friendly x 4
  17. Voxtagrams

Jun 13, 2020
    It wasn't a dumb idea, it was just fishy.

Your idea would genuinely fix some voting problems by a few minutes as of the captchas but there is a way to edit the url link.

Keep making cool unique apps like this one though, it really is neat.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. OP
    OP
    Magen

Magen Selkie Jr.

Mar 31, 2020
    Male
    bishopmage
    Cleric
    active
    thanks dude, lmk if you have any ideas for apps and maybe in my free time ill try to develop it. :)

• Creative Creative x 1