1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Shaolin spawn rates

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Daydreamer, Feb 6, 2021.

1. RegalStar

RegalStar Nightshadow

Sep 23, 2019
    Male
    12:40 PM
    DMsRebirth
    The real Shaolin Nerf is to increase the mobs's level to something like 120 (wooden fish), 130 (bronze), 140 (silver) and 150 (gold).

• Agree Agree x 6
  2. Shivering

Shivering Wolfspider

Mar 9, 2018
    9:40 AM
    Shivering
    I/L Arch Mage
    Again, I feel like you're just completely ignoring half the arguments being made.

Like I've already stated the reason I believe F/P is so underplayed compared to I/L is because 6 levels of TMA difference just isn't enough to justify making an F/P (in the past), since I/L just get so many benefits compared to them some of which include: strong mobbing ability and freeze on ultimate. My suggestion does not revolve around 1 map but is moreso targeted at bringing back I/Ls freeze identity at a core grinding location and also bringing them in line with F/P mages.

Whether freeze is there or not, it doesn't do much to making leeching easier. I think the only benefit of adding freeze back is it would help mages to not fall off the top platforms. After you spend about 3 hours on the new map you get used to not falling down any more regardless of whether you have freeze or not. For me personally, even without freeze I almost never fall off the top platforms any more when I'm selling leech and I'm controlling 2 mages so the only benefit to adding back freeze IMO at this point is just bringing back I/L's core ability. This is mainly because the ideal cast location for each mage would require you to be 3 hit times in 1 direction before you fall off, which means you really need to drop the ball in order to get knocked off in the first place once you get used to controlling 2 mages at once.

Most of the multi-client leechers who stopped selling at 5-6F after the nerfs did so because removal of macro now makes the APM so much higher and a subset of these people were experiencing hand pain due to the amount of keyboard utilization required to manage 2 mages at once now.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. JDPJHC

JDPJHC Mixed Golem

Aug 6, 2017
    JDPJHC
    Hero
    Summer
    You basically have to be a professional Starcraft player to sell 5-6 with 1 PC now :hilarious::hilarious:

• Creative Creative x 1
  4. mathijs2000

mathijs2000 Mushmom

Sep 4, 2016
    5:40 PM
    Night Lord
    GoedVerhaal
    Yea which are only shaolin maps, how am I missing your point? You want to nerf the damage of blizzard in exchange of it being able to freeze 1 set of mobs, which only spawn in the shaolin maps. Which goes back to the point, you are balancing a class around shaolin. Can't you see that nerfing the class' dmg for ALL mobs just so that you can freeze shaolin mobs is unfair? Maybe the freezing part of blizzard is not the problem, maybe the problem lies in the shaolin maps who are omega broken? :D

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Shivering

Shivering Wolfspider

Mar 9, 2018
    Shivering
    I/L Arch Mage
    The only reason these arguments aren't being made is because no one farms 2 hit petris of dukus any more so yeah I can see why you think I'm only advocating for changes around shaolin. It's the only viable map for exp now. If you buff other maps I'd still be saying the same thing. If you nerf shaolin, I'll still be saying the same thing.

What did people do before shaolin existed? For exp you farmed 2 hit petris/dukus and for mesos you farmed ulu2 (this is prior to hitting the 1-hit threshold). If this was still true, I'd still be advocating for the same change; nerf the TMA threshold for I/L because the ulti just has too much utility because freeze just has so many benefits especially at petris and dukus where when you 2 hit save on hella pots at petris and for dukus you can't even train if you're not an I/L if you 2 hit. 6 levels is not enough to justify having the utilty of freeze on ultimate.

I used to play this game before shaolin was released and for every 10 mages you saw 9 of them were I/L and 1 was an F/P.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. mathijs2000

mathijs2000 Mushmom

Sep 4, 2016
    5:40 PM
    Night Lord
    GoedVerhaal
    I am 100% fine with that, as long as it doesnt freeze shaolin mobs :D

7. Hiyo

Hiyo Headless Horseman Retired Staff

Sep 21, 2016
    Kuwait
    7:40 PM
    Hiyo
    Camper
    Shaolin being the ONLY viable map for exp is simply wrong on so many levels, it just shows how crazy the area is when compared to any other spot. The changes you're advocating is for shaolin, no denying that, but at the cost of other maps which shouldn't be done. One map/area should not be the sole reason to adjust a class unless its something utterly broken (like HH mules), especially when the map itself is broken for all 3 mages. The reason for I/Ls popularity is the easier 3rd job grind and personal taste, this has always been the case usually. Misting was also a lot harder when you had petri/skele maps to mist since they dealt more damage than shaolin mobs, also 2nd job being painful with no aoe ability is a factor that might have deterred many from going F/P over I/L.

Also suggesting buffing ob4/5 isn't bad, but the map right now isn't terrible if we don't compare it to shaolin. It is a good alternative to petri/duku, but with shaolin as it is right now, no map comes close. Imo, we shouldn't buff everything to match/compete shaolin but rather tone the area down so other spots aren't a joke in comparison.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  8. jesscapades

jesscapades Pac Pinky

Jun 24, 2019
    Female
    jesscapades
    Shadower
    Homies
    after I made my F/P, I felt like such a pepeg after seeing I/Ls have (1) high utility from freezing, (2) easier mobbing with non-ulti skills, and (3) better elemental strengths: majority of NT bosses are weak to lightning, and then there's a slew of bosses and mobs that are just straight up immune to poison. So I definitely think Shivering's point about F/P vs I/L has merit

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. whatdatoast

whatdatoast Windraider

Apr 9, 2020
    whatdatoast
    Bowman
    Personally, getting rid of the macros for mages, gave me wrist arthritis so I stopped playing altogether. Nerfed my eph from 130 to 0.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. porl

porl Mixed Golem

May 30, 2020
    Male
    3:40 AM
    Bishop, Night Lord, Buccaneer
    Pasta
    If you further nerf shaolin, all it does it just hand advantages to people who have already milked it to death & ONLY makes it worse for people who haven't. Instead of nerfing any place of relevancy, other areas need BUFFS to make them comparable. How do you suggest buffs without it being written off as "too custom", "un-gms-like" etc? There are virtually no other high level areas in the game with that level of mob density & exp/hour available on a small, duoable map.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. OP
    OP
    Daydreamer

Daydreamer Headless Horseman

Jul 8, 2017
    Male
    I/L Arch Mage
    Not a fan of making everything easier/higher rate because of 1 broken custom area.

• Agree Agree x 4
  12. Hiyo

Hiyo Headless Horseman Retired Staff

Sep 21, 2016
    Kuwait
    7:40 PM
    Hiyo
    Camper

Where do you draw the line of knowing when to stop buffing? If we always go for buffing to match 1 spot where do you stop? What if Oblivion maps became good/on par to shaolin, that creates more maps for I/L but what about F/P mages? RoR is far worse than Oblivion, but do we buff it to match Oblivion? Then what about bishops who have fewer maps, do we make Memory Lane as good so they can also have a fair amount of options? Idk why we need to adjust maps that as of now are good, just not as ridiculously busted as shaolin only to keep a map safe from further nerfs when it clearly is dominant that waiting for a map to open is simply better than grinding an alternative map. You also stated the reason why its crazy good in your last sentence, no such small map exists with that density at a super endgame level.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. paulcc2011

paulcc2011 Blue Snail

Oct 3, 2019
    Male
    12:40 AM
    Hero
    Tho how broken 7f is, I usually prefer grinding at obv4, which is much more fun and nostalgia to me. :)
    Screenshot_20210209-112311~2.png

• Great Work Great Work x 1
  14. Voxtagrams

Voxtagrams Headless Horseman

Jun 13, 2020
    LUK mage buffs again?

Well, can frozen mobs get hit while frozen? (I actually dunno)