1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Dumb Corsair Things: A Guide to Selling WR Leech

Discussion in 'Guides' started by yogurtseller, Feb 10, 2021.

1. yogurtseller

yogurtseller Mixed Golem

Nov 28, 2017
    7:11 AM
    wholesomeABG
    Shadower
    Welcome to another scuffed guide where I, argh, try to convince you to do things my way.

Corsairs are really good at farming. Like really good. Here, I’ll show you an alternative way to make money as a corsair at Crimsonwood Keep.

Pre-Reqs:
    1. A high levelled corsair with the following skills:
      [​IMG] Air Strike; enough to at least 1 hit windraiders
      [​IMG]Flamethrower with blaze capsules
      [​IMG] Ice Splitter with glaze clapsules
      [​IMG] Elemental boost. At minimum, enough to allow flamethrower and ice splitter to each bring WRs down to 50% HP. At best, enough to one hit WRs.
      [​IMG] Torpedo; enough to at least hit 6 mobs (level 21)
      [​IMG] Our reliable octopus friend
    2. Phantom forest quests cleared such that you can turn in badges [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    3. A holy symbol mule
    4. 3 fully decked out pets with item pouch, meso magnet, binoculars, and wing boots
    Make sure to be animation cancelling your octopus and air strike as per Akash's guide.

EPH: Around 2.4-2.7m duo split EPH. For comparison: I believe Bishop WR leech is around 2.2 - 2.4m EPH after windraiders lost global auto aggro. If you want to test out solo EPH without leechers, get at least 9m exp per hour solo without HS, and you're good enough to sell leech.
    [​IMG]
    This is an epm5 with a level 191 corsair

Rotation:
    [​IMG]
    Start off by first torpedoing near the top where a cluster of WRs will be waiting for you. The torpedo should be able to hit almost the entire platform. Afterwards, recoil shot along the yellow arrow and drop down.

[​IMG]
    If you’re able to one-hit the mobs, cast a flamethrower+ice splitter macro on your way down for some free exp. At the bottom, ice splitter will cast to hit the bottom mobs. I forgot to equip my flame capsules here and was too lazy to walk back to NLC to fetch them from storage for this money shot :(

[​IMG]
    At the bottom of the fall, cast your flamethrower and ice splitter macro to clear out the bottom mobs. Follow that up with an air strike to clear out mobs above you. As a general rule, you always want to clear the accessible mobs in front of you with flamethrower, ice splitter, or torpedo before using air strike to clear the inaccessible mobs above you. If you cast an air strike first, you might unintentionally hit the accessible mobs in front of you, and we hate to see that inefficiency.

[​IMG]
    If you’re able to one-hit, you can cast a quick flamethrower here before dropping down.

[​IMG]
    Again, the whole idea is to clear accessible mobs with your mobbing skills, and finish off the stragglers above you with air strike. After you clear from this position, recoil shot over to the statue for the final mobs. Be sure to jump into your ship while in mid air to save a bit of time.

[​IMG]
    Finish off the last couple of WRs and it’s time to repeat the cycle :D

[​IMG]
    Placing your octopus around the axe will let it hit like 90% of the platform that it's on. You won't be frequenting this platform besides to recast your octopus.

[​IMG]
    Put your leechers and your HS mule at the very bottom and move your mule in and out of the map to prevent it from sucking up your exp and ruining the fun.

In one hour, I was able to acquire...
    ~1m NPC/Equips (4 DEX lv. 70 thief shoes sell for 500k ea)
    6.3m from 180 windraider badges (value of 35k per badge since 100 = 3.5m)
    3m from leecher #1
    3m from leecher #2
    45 DEX crystals
    ~7 gach tickets
    Pot cost: lol

Total: Around 13m not including the gach tickets. You can learn how to farm badges from poking around GetSmoked's journal :thumbsup:

See you in the next installment of dumb corsair things MapleF2

• Great Work Great Work x 27
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    DOWN WITH THE BISHOP BOURGEOISIE!

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Huiae

Huiae Headless Horseman

Aug 1, 2015
    Female
    Seoul, Korea
    11:11 PM
    Verdict
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    You should change your forum name to drugseller.
    Which drug you took to come up with this idea lmao

Nice guide tho :D

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. jonobanana

jonobanana Orange Mushroom

Jan 25, 2021
    Male
    8:11 AM
    iLRight
    I/L Arch Mage
    10/10 argh (law) is the MVP

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Legendberry

Legendberry Blue Snail

Apr 24, 2018
    Male
    10:11 AM
    Legendberry
    Shadower
    Natural
    Don't forget the MU mule, WRs drop around 4 mil pure mesos / hr from shadower leech. (after the map nerf 3 months ago, please revert ty)

6. braidgame

braidgame Pac Pinky

Jun 21, 2015
    Pluto
    10:11 PM
    Outside
    Beginner
    Flow
    I think you cannot use that 35k per badge formula to estimate total badges exchange revenue (need each 4 kinds of badges for real 3.5m).
    But anyways it's still a good guide!

7. asdfjkliang

asdfjkliang Selkie Jr.

Jul 10, 2017
    Male
    10:11 AM
    Mirage
    Hero
    Influence
    Incoming air strike nerfs from GMs

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. OP
    OP
    yogurtseller

yogurtseller Mixed Golem

Nov 28, 2017
    wholesomeABG
    Shadower
    That’s a fair point. However, getting the remainder of the badges is very easy, and it’s 25 less badges that you need to collect if badge farming is a daily thing you do. Corsairs are probably the best class when it comes to badge farming, so I don’t think it’s asking for too much to collect the other 75. There’s a couple neat mob specific maps in the keep itself that’s great for this.

I just needed some value to assign to the badges because they aren’t worthless and the 50 WR badge exchange sucks SlimeSad

9. s0mething

s0mething Capt. Latanica

May 4, 2019
    In a recent post, you claimed to get a B in economics; however, you clearly figured out a way to capitalize and monopolize on badges. Please explain.