1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Mapownership

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by renew, Feb 10, 2021.

1. renew

renew Orange Mushroom

Aug 25, 2018
    4:16 AM
    renew
    I've come up with a counter for @Mapowner.
    People who want to farm and don't have a lot of time to sit and wait for an open map.
    This Command prevents players who is holding: a map during: a bossrun / a friend or simply for fun & profit.
    *It's called @Challenge - VOILAsmart am I rite?

1. It should be 100% anonymous to the mapowner. But what happens is you challenge the farmer for the map where he needs to kill 100monster within 5mins.

2. If the person or party fail to do this within the timelimit:> the map is handed over to the person who wrote this command: @Challenge.

3. It should also notify the old mapowner he failed to keep the map in a fair and active way, therefore it was handed to the person who made the @challenge command.

4. The command should have a cooldown of 30mins per map, if the map happen to be or is challenged at that point by some anonymous player.

Farming should be fun, and no one's time should be wasted, MakeLegendsGreatAgain upload_2021-2-10_17-41-35.png

• Disagree Disagree x 21
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    8:16 PM
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    What stops one person from challenging themselves with a mule and proccing the 30 min cooldown?

• Creative Creative x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. homes

homes Mano

Mar 22, 2020
    Male
    11:16 PM
    h0mes
    Priest
    This sounds like it may be in the right direction in some ways. Certain places, killing 100 monsters in 5 mins isn't possible. This could be abusable because a buddy or mule could use the command, and the mapowner could have a timer up for 30 minutes, repeating this so that they're immune to losing a map from the suggested @Challenge command.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. yogurtseller

yogurtseller Mixed Golem

Nov 28, 2017
    wholesomeABG
    Shadower
    what if the person is peeing

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    This could work, but I think the cooldown should be removed because you can abuse it via mules otherwise.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. OP
    OP
    renew

renew Orange Mushroom

Aug 25, 2018
    renew
    Abuse and 1st degree ban. you pointing it out means u already know it's not cool

Did you know if you loot for example a Cornian Dagger in someone else's map results in ban?
    Why shouldn't abusing maps with your own mules be equally charged?

Are you using the map or aren't you. Shouldn't be a greyzone there

7. OP
    OP
    renew

renew Orange Mushroom

Aug 25, 2018
    renew
    Yeah but it should be reported same if someone steal an object or killing in your channel.
    We rarely see any cases of this cause players respect one another + afraid of the consequences.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. OP
    OP
    renew

renew Orange Mushroom

Aug 25, 2018
    renew
    Good question, I can't come up with any good reason there except a new command :(

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  9. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Any type of policy needs to be centered around the ability to enforce. It's wishful thinking to assume GMs would have the infinite time required to oversee every instance of abuse.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. JosephMis

JosephMis Slime

Sep 27, 2020
    Male
    12:16 AM
    Yeah lets kick the weak players that can't kill 100 mobs in 5 minutes lol

• Agree Agree x 5
  11. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    5:16 AM
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Or even worse, pooping

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Creative Creative x 2
  12. Kmac

Kmac King Slime

Jan 15, 2021
    Male
    11:16 PM
    DPSmoira
    Beginner
    Make it so that users cannot initiation the @challenge command if they are not within the level range to acquire map ownership. This could help so mules can’t abuse the command, but would really only help for higher level leech spots.

Maybe also add another command, @hold to allow the current map owner to freeze the timer and restrict any @challenge command for up to 3-5 minutes. This way you can’t be challenged while going for a bathroom break or something. Give the @hold command a 1 hour cooldown

Just spitballing ideas

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. OP
    OP
    renew

renew Orange Mushroom

Aug 25, 2018
    renew
    Exactly!

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. OP
    OP
    renew

renew Orange Mushroom

Aug 25, 2018
    renew
    But is it really? There are only a certain numbers of maps: Skele/5-6/F7 and the ULU maps.
    Would a high level risk abusing a map < > vs a potential ban for abusing mapowner?

Maybe this makes it more clear what's okay and what's not.

A person challenging should be named after it been applied + the time he ran it at.
    This way you get an idea if it's the same person @challenging as previous @mapowner

So a simple recording, of the "Mule" who @challenge the map from previous "Main" @mapowner.
    And admin's have more than enough evidence.
    Sometimes @GM is so fast you don't even have to post in the forum!

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  15. OP
    OP
    renew

renew Orange Mushroom

Aug 25, 2018
    renew
    Well maybe 100 shaolin is a lot I get your point, so perhaps 50 is enough? It's only a command to check if the mapowner is active or not.
    It's not used to bully other players so you get the map, that's just evil.

Since we can't share something like @mapowner something must be changed.
    It's not to kick weaker people out of the map it's for others to understand what they are doing isn't cool.

Since it's not right either for me to go up to the map holder and say what's he is doing is wrong, because it isn't. he's just in the greyzone and I want it gone!

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  16. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    IMO the best solution to this is one that is self-regulating, not one that can stir up even more drama and add stress/work for GMs.

There have been suggestions in the past like a cumulative mapowner timer that would self regulate and reduce the problem of map hogging. A 1 minute standard mapowner timer that grows longer the more mobs you kill to a maximum of 5 minutes.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  17. OP
    OP
    renew

renew Orange Mushroom

Aug 25, 2018
    renew
    The last part doesn't sound too bad, 1min timer sounds more appealing than 1 Genesis kill per 5min.
    Making Ifrit summons not able to control the Mapowner, didn't quite fix the problem.
    So yeah having shorter mapowner time is something to reconsider..
    Cause @Mapowner is such a big brand and people fear it, that's why I want a new solution to counter it when map isn't really being used.
    Just cause you have more and high level characters who can camp a map while you do something else, don't mean you have priority to the map.
    Really dislike this kind of behavior and it wont go away until a solution is found.
    With rationally thinking and self-regulate there would be peace on earth, so my hope is pretty much dead on that part. Need iron hand to controll these lameasses KEK

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. thedgafclub

thedgafclub Timer

Sep 23, 2019
    Female
    thedgafclub
    Shadower
    Beaters
    This seems like an incredibly not-thought-out "solution"/counter to @mapowner that would pose infinitely more issues than the existing version. You say you want to do this so that we don't favor high-level players but this would result in the exact opposite. Players who are lower level who cannot do the 100 mobs in 5 minutes challenge will be ultimately punished for their weakness.

• Agree Agree x 8
  19. OP
    OP
    renew

renew Orange Mushroom

Aug 25, 2018
    renew
    No, this is an example of a solution, it does not have to be exactly 100 monsters killed within 5 minutes.
    As it is right now it obviously does not work so I am open to other discussions about how people should be stopped from milking a map they clearly do not plan using for the next 1-3hours.
    When I say highlevels it's not mainly those who are the strongest gets to keep a map, idgaf if you're 120 bishop and soloing for example 5-6.
    You should be active and understand where I am coming from not take the discussion else where cause it's clearly not helping this issue imo.

To be clear what I want to achieve with this post is: An open discussion for how we can counter these campers.
    _
    Maybe lowering the timer of 5min is necessary?? so people can't even go on pee breaks because of certain people holding a map.
    (comment above beware sarcasm)

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    Marchilles/Annolis/ Atlan/Katroz/ Chokal/Corvack/Tisif/ Quallo/Crisilixin/Forg/ Nannosh/Tylius
    Crusader, White Knight, Dragon Knight, F/P Mage, I/L Mage, Priest, Ranger, Sniper, Hermit, Chief Bandit, Marauder, Outlaw
    Eternals
    As hinted to earlier, there are some maps where it is impossible to get 100 kills in 5 minutes.
    What about for card farmers who are going for boss cards. I want to hold the map where the mini-boss is located, so do I really need to kill 100 mobs in 5 minutes just to maintain ownership of the map? Often times, the best way to farm for boss cards is to sit your char down and go afk and wait for the boss to appear. You can, every 3 to 4 minutes, kill a mob and sit back down. This answer does not take into account the inconvenience and troublesomeness to such players.

• Agree Agree x 6