1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Manifesto On The 3 Main Problems Plaguing The Server

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Jesseaw, Feb 10, 2021.

1. OP
    OP
    Jesseaw

Jesseaw Orange Mushroom

Nov 25, 2020
    Male
    5:37 AM
    TheMagicStik
    Beginner
    So I played on this server for four months to troll and shill for other servers? Interesting theory, this server is the patch and content that I want, it's just I wish those 3 things were different, no server has these qualities, this is the closest. Very simple

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. BananaPie

BananaPie Selkie Jr.

Dec 22, 2019
    Male
    12:37 PM
    There's literally someone posting that you don't even need to wash that hard to enjoy endgame content and yet you're blatantly ignoring it and crying about this. Stop being ignorant as hell and put in the effort smfh.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    Jesseaw

Jesseaw Orange Mushroom

Nov 25, 2020
    Male
    TheMagicStik
    Beginner
    If you even read some of the posts in this thread then you would know that I am putting in the effort (97 hermit with 200 int), my argument is that it's a deterent for new players and that it's way different than gms...

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. aaronis

aaronis Slimy

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Shadower
    Beaters
    maybe people make these threads often because theres actual problems with washing and not because they're mysterious trolls from other servers lol

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  5. BananaPie

BananaPie Selkie Jr.

Dec 22, 2019
    Male
    12:37 PM
    The only deterrent are the people who say you need 200+ int to wash a character to be playable when there are case in point examples of ranged attackers using minimal int and still being able to do content such as pink bean.

Like sometimes I feel sorry for Aioriax making his posts cause it doesn't matter how many times he posts that he didn't even have that much int and is still able to do endgame content everyone still goes around saying you need to be a 200+ intlord to be playable like omegalul.

Edit: You didn't have to put in 200 int. You could've been like him, use less int, be playable at a lower level too, and still enjoy end game content. Yet you chose to put that 200 int and now you're complaining that you're unplayable? Bro you brought this upon yourself man. You could've used less int and enjoyed the early game too smfh.

• Agree Agree x 15
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. JDPJHC

JDPJHC Mixed Golem

Aug 6, 2017
    8:37 AM
    JDPJHC
    Hero
    Summer
    Im not saying that there arent problems with washing, but people arent even listening to the alternate solutions being given. They dont even want to be told that there are even solutions to their complaints.

People are basically doing this^

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  7. OP
    OP
    Jesseaw

Jesseaw Orange Mushroom

Nov 25, 2020
    Male
    TheMagicStik
    Beginner
    It's really annoying hearing shit like that, just makes me think you didn't even read the post, hp washing is a complex problem it's not just that you need to wash at endgame and obviously we could go around in circles all day about that. It's also problematic that people can reach 30k hp and just completely trivialize the content, it's also problematic that it's basically an undoable mechanic, it's also problematic that it's literally an exploit from GMS that nearly nobody could do but because it is free everybody and there mother does, it's also problematic in that it's cringe tier accidental complexity that turns away newer players.

I think it's funny that you think I'm a shill from another server, let me turn this on ya, I feel like everybody who has disagreed with me in this post either 1. Heavily washes their characters or 2. Heavily leeches their characters and judging from the post historys of the people I have checked I'm pretty much spot on.

• Disagree Disagree x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
  8. Daydreamer

Daydreamer Headless Horseman

Jul 8, 2017
    Male
    I/L Arch Mage
    HP washing should not be necessary AT ALL to do ANY boss on ANY class at level 200 if you have BiS HP gear and HB. Toad and PB are currently impossible for thieves, archers, and corsairs. Keep in mind this is at MAX LEVEL with ALL BIS HP GEAR. At the very least, this needs to be addressed to make HP washing truly optional, as the server is advertised. I'd go a step further and say that more HP should be added so that these bosses are doable at lvl 180 and without Blackfist cape and scrolled pet equips. Those things can be options for those who want to attempt these bosses at lower levels or simply want the HP as a safety net.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
  9. JDPJHC

JDPJHC Mixed Golem

Aug 6, 2017
    JDPJHC
    Hero
    Summer
    So what? Everyone that agrees with this post hasnt even washed their characters properly, nor have they even played the server for that long. Some of you arent even of level to BOSS and are complaining about BOSSING.
    Why not give merit to the people that actually wash their characters and have played this game extensively?

Again, I'm not saying HP washing is a perfect mechanic, but obviously the staff are working hard at trying to make this issue less of an issue. There are more HP equips, there have been a lot of 2x voting events, as well as opportunities for players to get resets from in game events.

Also, no one is saying you have to reach 30k on a range attacker, I'm not to sure why you guys have this weird expectation from HP washing.

• Agree Agree x 6
  10. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    8:37 PM
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    I agree with you on this point. HP Washing Optional = minimally having access to all contents, without washing, at lvl 200.

I personally thinks BFC should be in addition, but that's a minor issue.

However, this extra HP needs to fulfill either one of the following criteria.
    1. HP is equally, or harder, to obtain compared to HP washing. OR
    2. If HP is easy to obtain, THIS HP MUST BE ACCESSIBLE TO WASHERS TOO.

Its the only way to ensure we get more HP without invalidating efforts from old washers. Monster Book Ring is a very good example that fulfills both criteria, even though only one is required

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Daydreamer

Daydreamer Headless Horseman

Jul 8, 2017
    Male
    I/L Arch Mage
    So you can't dislike washing if you don't have a washed character. Incredible argument. Nobody is saying 30k HP. I'm saying around 9-10k with ellin ring, tier 10 ring, and other stuff by 200. And ideally, DK should be able to zerk every boss at 200 as well if possible (idk numbers on this). "30k hp" is a complete strawman.

• Agree Agree x 4
  12. OP
    OP
    Jesseaw

Jesseaw Orange Mushroom

Nov 25, 2020
    Male
    TheMagicStik
    Beginner
    It's called sunk cost fallacy you have invested a significant amount of time into something and therefore you will defend it, even if under normal circumstances you might not even agree with it. HP washing is clearly bad and should be changed the only people disagreeing are experiencing sunk cost fallacy.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. xadra

xadra Capt. Latanica

Jun 6, 2017
    Male
    Adra
    Paladin
    Divide
    Hi, haven't washed, I play warrior so I don't have to complain, I learn to dodge attacks (routinely did Verga when I didnt have max hp to tank it) and also don't feel a need to be able to take 5 hits from HT for coMFOrTAbLe BosSInG.

I think it's a good mechanic. What now

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  14. Voxtagrams

Voxtagrams Headless Horseman

Jun 13, 2020
    Introduction

We will have a patch that disables bonus MP gains from INT when leveling up for all NEW non-Magician players. This means that future players will have less excess MP to wash into HP as they won't be able to pump INT to gain more MP over time, thereby removing the "AP reset HP washing system" for new players. Instead, future players will be able to trade in their Zakum and Horntail badges to gain HP.

For future players, AP Resets will remain in Tia for those who would like to move their stats around from STR, DEX, INT and LUK but they will not be able to be used to alter HP or MP.

Warriors and Buccaneers will need to have Improved Max HP Increase maxed out in order to upgrade their HP through raids. Players must either be Beginners or in 4th job to use this feature.

We will be giving all old and current players the option to switch to this new system. This means that all old players (washed or unwashed) will be able to have a similar base HP value as players who have washed - all old or current Thieves/Bowmen/Corsairs can use this new system to upgrade their base HP to 19,000+. Please refer to the FAQ section below for more information.

FAQ

Q: I'm an old or current player who never washed. Is it too late for me to switch to this new system?

Not at all. We will give old players the ability to switch to this system. This means that all old players (washed or unwashed) will be able to have a similar base HP value as players who have washed - all old or current Thieves/Bowmen/Corsairs can use this new system to upgrade their base HP to 19,000+.

To switch to the new system, players simply need to trade in a Horntail badge for an HP upgrade. However:
    • Old players won't be able to upgrade HP using Zakum badges - they will only be able to upgrade HP with Horntail badges.
    • After they switch to the new HP upgrade system, AP Resets will be able to move old players' stats around from STR, DEX, INT and LUK but they will not be able to be used to alter HP or MP. This is to prevent players from using the new HP upgrade system to hit their HP cap, and then further reset or add AP into HP to bypass the HP cap. We suggest old players to fully wash out their excess MP before switching over to the new HP upgrade system. Old players have as much time as they need to switch over to the new system, they are not automatically switched over and can voluntarily switch over whenever they please.
    • Unlike new players, old players who switch to the new system won't have a limit on Horntail badge HP upgrades but rather a limit on max HP.
      • For instance, if a Level 200 Night Lord with 12,000 base HP (who made their character in 2018) switched to this new HP upgrade system, they would only be able to upgrade their base HP until it was 19,213. To get to 19,213 HP from 12,000 HP, it would take 20 Horntail badge upgrades, which means that this Night Lord would only be allowed to have 20 out of the full 30 upgrade opportunities available to the new players.
    GGWashed in Saga didn't and never removed HP washing, if you put AP into INT to gain MP to wash it out, they added in a way so that both newer and older players would "stfu" about complaining so GMAlex added in a newer way to get HP gains, while the ones that HP washed how GMS Tiger found out.
    (Btw its not a good point/isn't healthy to compare a pay to win server to a free to play server, like MapleLegends is.)

It wasn't game design, it was UNINTENDED, Tiger from GMS found out about it and word got out, don't put words into other peoples mouths, "Cool so when are LUK mage buffs coming?" LUK mages have staves, clean staves have higher magic damage and int than wands do clean what buffs are you talking about?

Btw, HP washing is part of endgame content. Most just don't like endgame.

Some people in GMS did HP wash, they didn't use cash money; NX, they used Marvel Machine rewards called 'Maple Points' and those points could be used to get AP resets, Marvel Machine had 1mil Maple Points as the reward so washing came easy to those who won it.

hqdefault.jpg

Mages HP wash just as any other class does, if you want a sed bishop for example wouldn't they need a crap ton of HP to tank if Magic Guard runs out or something?

Most mages HP wash as well because believe it or not some want enough HP to touch HT tail and survive without Magic Guard.

"You just dump all points in INT. It's boring as hell." How so? I'm playing a LUKless bishop and its super fun, having LUK makes it boring, being able to wield those abominations called a "staff"

But, Gyozas and ramen both originated from China
    OnionSmart
    Screen Shot 2021-02-10 at 6.11.01 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-02-10 at 6.21.17 PM.png

deerdeer has a great thread describing other stats that can be used along with a website showing what these Oddjobs can use and be sort of viable in a sense that gaining exp and leveling makes it viable, I think you should take a look https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/odd-jobs-community-thread.36495/ because its pretty DANG amazing to see their accomplishments.

https://oddjobs.codeberg.page/

Screen Shot 2021-02-10 at 6.24.44 PM.png

Anyways, anyone that is mentioning that HP washing should be removed entirely clearly don't have to wash if you don't want to, its still possible to play the game.
    You'll probably get one shot sure, but is endgame truely gone?

No, it's still very much playable, maybe not enjoyable but still playable.

• Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  15. Oradious

Oradious Mr. Anchor

Aug 28, 2018
    Male
    Oradious
    F/P Arch Mage, Gunslinger, Buccaneer
    Pasta
    You're sub 4th job, have <100 quests done and don't even have tier 1 ring. So either you haven't played this game that much in 4 months, are just sitting in FM AFKing everyday, or just grinding mobs in a "box" spamming "1 button" which you seem to hate a lot in the form of leech.

• Agree Agree x 5
  16. OP
    OP
    Jesseaw

Jesseaw Orange Mushroom

Nov 25, 2020
    Male
    TheMagicStik
    Beginner
    Concerning the Marvel machine, did that exist in v62? I don't really remember it but that was a long time ago.

17. kiln

kiln Pink Teddy

Jan 2, 2021
    Pepperspray
    Corsair
    Elite
    I do want to mention that I appreciate the information many have provided me - I have been corrected multiple times in this thread and I've learned a lot more about the server.

In my defense, I am used to a meta where switching parties mid-raid is not possible and raids are hard-capped to 12 players, so Resurrection/HB are uncommon buffs and having one member die usually ruins the entire raid (so it was extremely important for recruiters to filter for people able to tank at least 1 hit).

I'll start with some of the arguments made in favor of washing -- or rather, on why it cannot be removed:
    Why is washing so important for Mages? I feel that they will still be the source of income for most players, as most of Maplestory's meso flow comes from mages spamming ultimates. If mages make less mesos from selling leech, then things will simply cost less to offset that inflow. If you make less from leeching, then you'll essentially make more mesos by simply looting; isn't this true?

You cannot wash on Saga anymore. I mentioned it only because many of the things said about HP wash removal here was said there as well.

18. OP
    OP
    Jesseaw

Jesseaw Orange Mushroom

Nov 25, 2020
    Male
    TheMagicStik
    Beginner
    So... you think that implies I'm a shill from another server or could it be that I have a job, a social life, and I was in bed on covid for 2 weeks?

• Disagree Disagree x 3
  19. Selquin

Selquin Headless Horseman

May 28, 2018
    6:37 AM
    Serperior
    Bowmaster, Night Lord, Buccaneer
    Pasta
    I don't think he is implying that you are a shill from another server. He is just saying that you aren't very good at the game.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. Voxtagrams

Voxtagrams Headless Horseman

Jun 13, 2020
    This really isn't a good thing to say.

This was really well said, I agree with you :D

200 INT o-o I have 260 and am already a very happy intlord ^_^
    (my int items are on my bishop atm)
    Screen Shot 2021-02-10 at 7.12.43 PM.png

Around the time Pirates were released, it gave out 1 mil maple points and was bugged out because it was supposed to be "difficult to acquire" and the game had to go into maintenance for a few days, it was madness.. and then DOTcurrencyz came along oh wow.. that maintenance was even longer I tell ya hwat