1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Elemental Weapon Nerf for Priests

Discussion in 'Rejected' started by thetavi, Apr 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thetavi

thetavi Pac Pinky

Apr 1, 2015
    Male
    1:43 PM
    I don't know if it's possible, but I think it should be the case that Priests/Bishops get a nerf from using the elemental wands/staves. They're already OP enough as it is. This was included in a later version, but wasn't yet in v62. This change balances them a bit better, although I don't know how simple it would be to bring the change in.

2. NSFW

NSFW Skelegon

Dec 11, 2014
    NSFW
    no way man. if people want to sacrifice fun for levels by being a bishop, let them.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Stas.

Stas. Windraider

Mar 27, 2015
    Male
    Tel-Aviv, Israel
    11:43 PM
    Support it , we do some changes to make the gameplay more balanced , and the Ele staff was OP for v62 to make people trying to get him by buying gacha's
    After few patches Neckson nerfed ele's hard and made them to lower the dmg of holy by 25% instead increase by 25%
    Plus it will encourage people to make Ice/Fire mages instead going clerics
    Im against interrupt the GMS-like but i think that nerf should take place

4. House M.D.

House M.D. Horny Mushroom

Apr 1, 2015
    Bishops are not OP. Arch mages easily outdamage them.

Bishops are popular because of HS and because the best endgame training mob (skele) happens to be holy-weak.

I came from a low rate v.83 server with the elemental wand penalty in place. Bishops there use Maple wands. Guess what, not being able to use elemental wands did nothing to reduce bishop popularity there. Everybody has a bishop and arch mages pretty much don't exist. For reals, Meteor 30 and Blizzard 30 sell for pennies over there while Genesis 30 sells for billions. Server I'm talking about is the highest ranked low-rate v.83 server on GTOP (and the name starts with a D).

Best way to encourage more people to play arch mage would be giving them an endgame training map that's better than skeles. Temple of Time would be great except for the fact that the maps are huge and monster density is too low. But if you buff up the number of monsters in Road of Regret and Oblivion, like put 2x as many mobs there, I think that would do it. ToT mobs already drop some really nice scrolls like Helm Int 60%, way better than the crap scrolls that skeles drop.

• Like Like x 5
  5. Stas.

Stas. Windraider

Mar 27, 2015
    Male
    Tel-Aviv, Israel
    11:43 PM
    Iam pretty much aware from what server u coming , and the ele nerf was on that version u played and it was fine and balanced
    here it be other story

6. Navi

Navi Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Developer Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    Male
    4:43 PM
    Moderator Post
    Just throwing this out there but, unfortunately, I don't actually think it is possible to make it so that there is a penalty on bishops. Simply by comparing Wz files, the XML data for elemental wands/staves is identical for v62 and v83 (with default elemental damage being 75%). Because damage is calculated client-side, my assumption would be that the 'holy' penalty was hard-coded into the client at a later time, and in v62 only Fire, Poison, Ice, and Lightning based attacks were considered to be 'elementals' affected by the increases/decreases of elemental weapons.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Charles

Charles Brown Teddy

Feb 2, 2015
    Male
    Ga
    Very well said, house. Nice to see another familiar face around here as well. I will add you in game!

8. OP
    OP
    thetavi

thetavi Pac Pinky

Apr 1, 2015
    Male
    Well, yeah. That doesn't change by adding Temple of Time... They would be the most popular regardless because there is basically never a case where being an Arch Mage is better than a Bishop. Doing "more damage" is literally pointless in most situations, and making the difference between 1 or 2 hitting a mob isn't worth the difference of HS. Hence, yes they are OP compared to Arch Mages. The nerf doesn't fix it either, but at least it discourages the class somewhat.

But it looks like it can't happen anyway. Oh well.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Latte

Latte Headless Horseman Retired Staff

Mar 29, 2015
    USA
    Latte
    Bishop
    Horizon
    hmm yes hate on bishops more, it pleases me.

• Like Like x 6
  10. Neko

Neko Wolfspider

Dec 26, 2014
    10:43 PM
    Neko / Inumimi lvl 6x BM
    Bishop
    Project <3
    its 2x exp and hard to lvl already for all jobs, i don`t think we need to nerf bishops while f/p and i/l already get a bonus from the wands/staffs while bishops just stay neutral with no +- dmg

• Like Like x 2
  11. Navi

Navi Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Developer Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    Male
    Moderator Post
    Moved to rejected due to it being impossible.

• Like Like x 5
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.